Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 76 - Coming to Light! Peachy's Past, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
As much as i like this chapter, i don't like that it used the 'Don't kill the villian, it wouldnt be right' trope. It always come back to bite them in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Brah. So much fuckin' exposition and it gives me the CONCERN.

But lol Shamiko being so worried over Momo that she completely missed the part where melon girl said she was going to murder her.

Supporter
Oh no, this means we're going to have a darker and edgier arc coming up. Shamiko, the genre might change, but HANG IN THERE!

Yup, the #1 rule of a hero: Never kill an evil villain at any circumstances. Even if she's probably eaten dozens of the innocent people and threatening to kill your girlfriend.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
So Momo did the scars to herself, I was expecting they would make a bigger deal about it with a confrontation but instead of throwing magical attacks the main battle was done with the cards.

Suika is quite obviously inside Momo right now, just without her core maybe, she was playing the flashback too and that's why she now knows about Shami, I knew something like this would happen and that's why I wanted Momo to tell her the story with words instead of having Shami dive into her dreams again.

The good thing that came out of this is the whole deal with Gushion, those altered memories that Momo didn't remember are important even if Suika wants to kill Shami now. We also see Shion being born in a single panel.

The immediate reaction Momo had to hearing her friends were killed was cut off with a black panel, while fitting, I was looking forward to that too. Instead we just jumped to the confrontation. I guess there are things even Momo doesn't want Shami to see.

The gay part of the chapter, Momo being the most troubled about the cards being from sealing Joshua and Shami just not giving a damn was hilarious. Useless lesbians both of them.

Fed-Kun's army
This took a fucking grim turn. There's *a lot* to unpack here, and I'm impressed by how much is coming together here! Shamiko and Momo are right, this girl is scum and a wacko, but she's a *dangerous scummy wacko*. Honestly really depressing how easily the town got... messed up from what Sakura worked so hard to build up.

I'm glad Momo was able to finally confide all this to Shamiko, but, ow. I'm sure Shamiko feels the same way, and she's not going to let up in supporting Momo.

Hey that's horrifying actually.

So 1000000% on brand for any self respecting magical girl series really. Gotta have that eldritch horror your powers of love gotta collide with, even when things are in fact pretty sunny seeming if you give it the surface level glance.

Also, really dig the way it plays with the theming(?), what with the big bad such as it is being a magical girl actually, so of course the demons and the fallen magical girls are going to be the ones to fight against it.

....Oh wait Suika is that girl that called in isn't she.

Users who are viewing this thread