Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai: Kyou Kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

I have the premonition that Wolf has better eyes than Dahlya thinks and he will recognize her. XD Although he may ask if she is a transvestite.

Thank you!!!

Fed-Kun's army
I may be biased because this one is more advanced in the history, but I prefer this onep over the other version? For now at least I'll be reading both, though e.e

Dex-chan lover
@kenkagejack , @Nep - it's unusual to make a sword out of monster hide, but if it was actually a shell like that of a turtle, it makes more sense. Still, I'd normally expect Royal Monster Subjugation Squad to be better equipped. You know, with swords of unbreakable metal or maybe just big hammers that don't break much.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@flannan

Maybe it was a badass monster. Maybe I play too much God Eater where one of the materials used for a weapon (shortblade) is Ogre Fur or worse...

Mars Whiskers. Yep. Whiskers. I know Aragamis are apocalyptic creatures and all but FURS and WHISKERS.

What are they trying to do? Fluff the creature to death?

Dex-chan lover
@Nep - it sure was a badass monster, looking at how the elite knight was in bad shape and away from his team after the fight.

Group Leader
@Nep ah yeah i was wrong, got up at 5 am and still very sleepy when typing it lol

Dex-chan lover
Watch as he knew that she was a woman and just thought she was sick when she helped him because rain or shine you gotta fulfill promises contracts and deals of any sort or you will lose business.

Fed-Kun's army
I saw HaruPARTY was doing this so I knew it would be good! Can't wait for more! Thanks for the chapters!!

Fed-Kun's army
@siscon as long as I saw, one starts with Dahlyia as a child making her first invention, the other starts from her break up with Tobias before they married.

@cmal, thank you for the spoilers. If possible, would you be kind enough to share links to the wn? Thanks!

Contributor
The talking sword is obviously this one :
chaos_x_website.png

Joke aside, it was a cute chapter.
She has a better relationship with a stranger she just met than with her ex sonce the beginning.

Thanks for the chapter!
Would've been more funny if he just groaned when came out, she shrieked "ZOMBIE!!!" and splashed him with holy water.
LN explains it better but reason why he drank a potion from a mug instead of the potion bottle was because she knew he'd refuse the potion due to it being expensive so she tricked him into drinking it. He realized was potion and not water after drinking some, but couldn't argue against her explanation that had already opened it and shouldn't waste it since it seems potions, like soda, lose their freshness once the seal is broken when opened and exposed to air.

LN also mentions the squad doesn't just hunt when an extremely dangerous high class monster shows up, but also when an area is over-occupied by monsters. In more detail essentially adventurers deal with monsters up to a certain level as part of subjugation quests to keep numbers down or seeking specific materials from monsters. Like a goblin subjugation quest if goblins are noted to have past a number considered manageable by citizens like around 40-50 goblins, but not in the hundreds. Or a noble wants to present the about to be or just married Prince and Princess (for example,) pillows filled with the soft feathers of a C or B class monster and personally hired adventurers to subjugate it for him. The squad would be sent if an extremely dangerous monster like an A or S (just guessing her, might even be called for a group of C and B class monsters,) class monster appeared. That or number of monsters in an area increased too much, too quickly, such as goblins going from 40-50 in number to over 100 and still rising along with upper class goblins showing or leading them like a Goblin King, Soldier, or Knight. Or for some reason slimes are proliferating at an extreme rate and 300 have filled a valley and thus need to be taken out before a monster run occurs. (Monster Run essentially large number of monsters stampeding in roughly one direction which is dangerous, especially if going towards a city or village, as can overrun walls and defenses with numbers. ) As for the red armor LN mentions there have been a few times where the subjugation target ran away while grabbing the person wearing red armor as a final act of defiance or grabbing a meal to go. Also, that some monsters curse/fluids can cause damage (due to being toxic or poisonous to others,) hence why he needs to wash blood out of his eyes sooner than later. Especially since if the damage is too much and doesn't recover potions won't be enough and he'll need to pay 20 gold (not sure if corp covers for part or not) for healing magic hence her advising him several times to see the Corp doctor asap once he returns.
Since it seems he'll become the main male lead I wonder how many chapters it'll take him to finally find her and have that drink or find out that she's not a man but a woman. Be funny if squad mates, curious about his new friend, find out and tease him about it for a while before he finally notices. :D

Dex-chan lover
There is only one case where you can over hunt a monster and that is when they produce sexually or asexually. If they are birthed in dungeons, by mana, through nature or in any way that does not depend on the living then its fine. Do you think slimes would reproduce only asexually or is there any slime which could reproduce sexually? These are serious and important questions, you know for biology n'shit

I love that they have actual, genuine redshirts in this manga. Like. It's such a neat little reference, but it really tickles me xD

Users who are viewing this thread