Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai ~Kyou Kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
@Nep one focus on the technical aspects of the magic and item crafting, while the guy is little more than an eye candy. The other one is a romance manga that happens to be located in a world where magic is a thing.
The unusual thing is that the romance manga was targeted to boys, while the technical one was targeted to girls.

Dex-chan lover
With the spoiler by @Le_Flemard and the raw that I saw, I now understand what Dahliya was doing.

In the raw that I read, Dahliya was enchanting pair of lens for glasses. Now I can see she was using the Fairy Chrystal to enchant the lens to block out the curse while Wolf was wearing it.

so they have modern appliances but they're still a pre-industrial revolution society. Nobody thought to make steam engines or guns powered by magic stones, okay then. Makes sense

"magic fridge, but its expensive because Ice magic crystals are more expensive than water"
Cool... OK magic artisan from modern era... Mimic a refrigeration cycle with wind/air magic then.
Oh? you cant because your dumb?
got it.

it would only require simple copper/bronze pipes, and lead solder - nothing is actually fancy about the refrigeration.
You could easily make one in any era as long as your have a decent gas seal and input power to the compression stage.
Only tough point is the gas to use - a simple refrigerant can be propane. Or if your "air magic" and "ice magic" is good enough you can charge with nitrogen.

welp, most problems could be - Magick'd away.
but this MC seems like a faker when it comes to the desire to be a maker.

Group Leader
@Qelix Yeah, that's totally on us, this series has been pretty cursed not long after we picked it up (not the least of which was pirates cutting a main internet line to the whole of South Africa). But as others has replied, this series ends on chapter 10, and the other version, while continuing, has had more than a few breaks in its publishing. I'm hoping once this one is complete, we'll be able to catch up more easily on the other version.

That said, you can always see our progress on all our series with our handy dandy public progress chart (linked on our mangadex profile, and in our discord)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J5Y84iSQDBe1q3ywjahJ48NBU9WcEwRqaK8UBNa3DLY/edit#gid=0

Dex-chan lover
@Spoonikle
Not everyone knows how a refrigerator works. She wants to reproduce modern comfort, but:
1. she didn't know in detail how things worked in her previous life;
2. she has to work with a completely different tech tree. One where things don't always easily work out despite being "magic".

Even if, thanks to her Earth memories, she has a pretty solid idea of the desired end result, it still takes time, money, and skill to make a new product. That's why "magic artisan" is an actual job in her world instead of any rando being able to put magic gems together to do whatever they want, and it's also why her reincarnator status wasn't enough to make her hailed as the greatest genius magic artisan ever. She's kinda good, but not great. It doesn't make her dumb.

Ah I really like that we're lucky enough to have the two versions translated, as odd as it is that there are even two versions at all haha. I like comparing the differences and her wonder at the Silver Branch was so cute!

People are saying this focus on crafting and the other on social life, but even events that happens on both differs :2

Dex-chan lover
"Capable of covering ten meter radius in flames when dropped" sounds like security hazard that was shipped as a feature instead.

Users who are viewing this thread