Magical★Explorer - Reborn as a Side Character in a Fantasy Dating Sim - Ch. 4.1

For once I like a manga better than the novel. Here in the manga he feels a bit more brave and a little less annoying in the sense of him usually over thinking things 100% of the time.

Group Leader
Let’s go but the scans or updates are slow there’s nothing i can do tho it’s free

Wish this came out more frequently but man I'm grateful for anything from this

My friend asked where he could find the nude panel mentioned on page 19

Pls help my friend really wants to see

Dex-chan lover
i really like this series, but 1/3 of a full chapter each month is hard. still looking forward to it, thanks for working on this.

Aggregator gang
@Tsudow
Comparing the arcs I would say it's consistently entertaining if nothing else. From arc 1-3 very little changes in tone, tempo or development. Definitely recommend it for a fast, fun story.

It's meant to be read with your brain off and is 70% SoL with 20% mid-maxing and 10% story elements. Most of the humour is about how stupid ero developments will be, it doesn't get deeper than that.

All of the harem is likeable enough for someone to prefer them. They aren't complex and won't win awards but I would say that all of the 20~ 'possible' harem candidates could be someone's favourite (even the game MC Lori is pretty hot, though my heart belongs to Nanami). 5-10 are in our MC's harem but there are more he doesn't recruit.

Spoilers on the 3rd arc (latest arc) if you're interested:
The MC joins a faction where the goal is to get everyone to hate him to inspire rivalry/common enemy. So he fucks around pretending to be a rich playboy publicly flirting with all the female cast (with consent). Nanami (best girl) his angel maid, comedic partner, scout/archer, best girl joins in and follows him around campus being a maid (NNN fanclub here!).

It's a setup arc similar in presentation to the first arc. Introducing new party members and people in charge.

The arc ends with him deciding to force story events in order to try and save more people which is a cool idea. Author seems to do a SoL setup arc before action acrs (arc 1: Character, arc 2: Dungeon, arc 3: Characters, arc 4: Story intervention?)

MTL is dogshit for this series so I haven't been able to read the new chapters yet. Not sure myself but since the LN is on volume 4 it should be further ahead??

Dex-chan lover
@larcek Well if this manga was weekly it would quickly catch up to the LN in a fairly short amount of time (2-3 months), causing us to wait even longer. Plus I assume the art would degrade as a result, since the Artist's breathing room would be shortened and they would be forced to rush. I'd take a monthly release if it means we can get a consistent amount of content and give the Artist enough time to rest.
@zz2000 Dang, hope for the best for the guy.

Dex-chan lover
@KingNova777
when checking the raws the current chapter release Feb 22nd, the next one March 1st, so every other week for a good amount of pages seems possible, but as someone else mentioned, there might be more issues in the back, so i also support rather a wait time for good contents (bot art AND story) rather than rushed stuff, especially fillers of any kind.

Dex-chan lover
What's the point in calling chapters .1, .2 and .3 and not just increment them normally? Does it really matter for people that chapter is small but released each month or it's split into three months? Or is it some kind of correlation with LN?
Also, is difference in events caused by MC (butterfly effect, eh?), or isekai setting just plain gives him more exposure than in the game?

Dex-chan lover
king just dropped in and is now about to fulfill all his gropes and dreams

Double-page supporter
Kinda wish he doesn't touch the game's main heroines and go for the other characters. You know, like Marino.😆

Starting to wonder which scenario he's in right now. The original as planned or the one after the online abuse. Have a hard time imagining Marino getting there in time. If she got called because of trouble, I doubt she'd send Takioto close to it.

Group Leader
@HYBRID_BEING The raw update schedule is absolutely random, with sometimes a chapter a month, then only every two months, then two in the span of one week, so we just update when the raws come out. And yes, the raws split them as 3.1, 3.2, and so on, so it's not our decision.

@smiggyscans Same here, we update as the raws come out (or at least we try to), the raws update at such inconsistent times, so there's nothing we can do.

@aldie See above.

25d2045eac4bc0c4a0478bb25261d0b7.png

Dex-chan lover
somehow I keep getting closer to the heroines and furthermore, I don’t know why I keep encounter events like I am some Eroge’s protagonist
I mean...if you start saving them left and right, it's pretty obvious they gonna start liking you...

Anyway, thx for TLing, hope you'll release 4.2 soon

Dex-chan lover
@BaToolo
Never implied it was your call to split the chapters. Still wonder why the publisher would do that.
Is it only published on web, btw? If it's not, does it get split like that as well in magazines?

Dex-chan lover
why are scanlators actively trying to get a series dead?

really makes you think😭

Group Leader
@HYBRID_BEING

Made it sound that way, that's why I explicitly stated it (for the other peeps who might think that way), so no worries~

But yeah, afaik it's only on the web. The official twitter account only links the web raws as well (if at all), so I'm afraid the web raws are the only source we have.

@anuanuanu

Wanting something to get licensed so you can read it in physical/high quality, and even possibly the LN which is currently not tl'd = wanting something dead?
Probably the most retarded think I read all week, no offense.

Dex-chan lover
hey @smiggyscans ever think the raws are slow to come out, imagine being a manga scan group leader and still making this kind of comment smh

Users who are viewing this thread