Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 350 - Everyone's Own Accolades

Dex-chan lover
We all saw this shit coming miles aways.
And if this goes on to them being 3rd years then that's when we get the payoff for ACTUALLY 1st place.
Cool arc for everyone but I'm indifferent about the ending

As for him"going up too fast" we're 350 chapters in. At the rate we're going, we'll have another One Piece or Detective Conan on our hands.
I mean how many of Iruma's classmates can he actually beat in a fight? Probably only half of them, with that being situational as well. Can Iruma beat Ameri or at least match her? Probably not. Can Iruma put up a fight against a teacher? No, he can't.

Less of "we're 350 chapters in so Iruma needs to hurry up and rank up" and more of "we're 350 chapters in so Iruma needs to hurry up and get stronger and prove that he deserves to rank up".

isnt that the main reason he should've rank up? finding talent and utilizing their best ability is the forte of a king. someone higher up.
That's probably secondary for the Netherworld.

Double-page supporter
Pretty much thought this was gonna happen. :huh:

Guess they can't have him advancing too fast. So I wonder how they'll compensate him nonetheless.
[Yvonso:]
Probably this
5 might be the limit for students. Or at least students of his year.

even Ameri is only 6 and she’s the president. Though Iruma might end up taking her place since fourth and fifth year students don’t really seem to hang around the school much.
So this ends with Silvia getting the rank up which is fine. I’m interested about the mental gymnastics they use to justify it though.
Figures, why? It ain't something that benefits the demon world

Especially rank 6 to 9 requires much bigger audience which is the world outside the school
yea, Iruma is at the stage where rank shouldn't be about his genius or out of the box actions, but his strength.

He can't hold a candle to many of the teachers who are rank 7+ and in the demon world, that's where a majority of the higher ranking comes from.

Silvy deserves the rank up.
Honestly this was to be expected. Demon Rank in the Netherworld carries weight and seems based on an individual Demon's power, influence, and achievements. Sadly, the most Iruma has going for him at this moment (that's not borrowed btw) is his achievements, which unfortunately isn't too well known to the masses with the exception of a few. In short, he still has much room to grow and improve himself. Of course, that's my own opinion, and who knows the next chapter may just throw a curve ball that shatters my thought process.

The battler party not being "important" or significant enough to give ranks past 5 would be a good enough explanation for me. It's sorta expected that He(5) would do well enough to get a price.

there was a sneak peak blurb for the next chapter at the end of the magazine that says SPOILER
That would be super cool, but I'm surprised Ameri didn't even peep about it if that's the case.

Dex-chan lover
as far as bait and switches go, this one is by far one of the most annoying i've ever seen. so the top prize battler was magitools but everyone wanted to give all the credit to the art battler instead and crossed out their name and put art battler as the winner, the art battler rejected the prize because they knew they didn't deserve it but instead of giving the top prize to the rightful winning battler they said "nah fuck you" and instead gave them nothing.

f8b.gif

Double-page supporter
I think Nishi, kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the ranks.
The effort to go from one rank to the next seems to stay the same, but the expected power up seems to get larger and larger.

Also, who is now gonna get the top prize, now that the art battler has rejected it.
its good he didn't get the rank, if he did i expect the manga to be over in the next 100 chapters
In that case Nishi would just introduce "ranks in between the ranks" which aren't all actual recognized ranks, but measures of strength and influence between the higher ranking demons, when they interact with each other.
"but the expected power up seems to get larger and larger."
"quote I can't remember about difference between chess grandmaster(2500+) and master(2000+) being wider than between chess Master and an adept (1500+)"

Dex-chan lover
I mean how many of Iruma's classmates can he actually beat in a fight? Probably only half of them, with that being situational as well. Can Iruma beat Ameri or at least match her? Probably not. Can Iruma put up a fight against a teacher? No, he can't.
he beat alice on his first day of school and alice is pretty much considered the strongest student of his entire school year aside from iruma. so what exactly are you yapping about?

he beat alice on his first day of school and alice is pretty much considered the strongest student of his entire school year aside from iruma. so what exactly are you yapping about?
Oh yeah, he beat Alice before Alice was even ranked... That's a big achievement....:rolleyes:
The closest defeat he gave to Alice, after Alice was ranked, was the dodgeball competition, and even then that was because Iruma used the momentum against Alice. He hasn't shown himself capable of beating Alice or Sabnok in their current ranking. Now if he did that, you'd have a point. If Iruma literally ranks up without being further tested to see if he's capable of it, then it literally would look like Nepotism.

Dex-chan lover
as far as bait and switches go, this one is by far one of the most annoying i've ever seen. so the top prize battler was magitools but everyone wanted to give all the credit to the art battler instead and crossed out their name and put art battler as the winner, the art battler rejected the prize because they knew they didn't deserve it but instead of giving the top prize to the rightful winning battler they said "nah fuck you" and instead gave them nothing.

f8b.gif
I don't think they're getting nothing, but I think the two that were actually deserving of it are going to get the award. As for Iruma, he's probably either capped at his because of grade year, or there may be other prerequisites for a rank-up that need to be achieved from this point forward.

Aggregator gang
5 might be the limit for students. Or at least students of his year.

even Ameri is only 6 and she’s the president. Though Iruma might end up taking her place since fourth and fifth year students don’t really seem to hang around the school much.
Ameri was rank 6 last year and she was in the same year as Iruma is now, I don't think her being president would change anything, and considering rank 4 was the minimum for the misfits to keep Royal One and that iruma had no issues that kept him from raising to rank 5 last year, leads me to believe that a student can rank up as much as he can.
He is not getting the 6th rank because he is skipping to 7th... right? right?:thonk:

Aside from my wishful thinking of him skipping a rank, I think one of the art peeps are getting it.
The art batler won the contest and rejected the prize, which was a rank up for every member, iruma's batler won a different prize, so it would be silly to snub them like that in favor of a batler that already won something else.

Dex-chan lover
Should have given them something else besides the tricky award. They definitely deserve more than a pity award for something that has never been seen in the Netherworld. The rank thing I can sort a understand since what they are only second years so if an exam to reach higher ranks makes sense

Fed-Kun's army
COME ON CALIGO!!! Even though Iruma won't be ranking up, i have my own theory. Like most people in the comments, maybe there's a cap based on your year, or it actually going to Silvy, but what if its something like you need multiple points to rank up past 5? Like 5-7 you need 2 points to rank up, 3 for 8-9, and 5 for 10.

Double-page supporter
In Iruma's case during the Harvest Festival arc, he received rank 4 from Lord Sullivan, and later Iruma received rank 5 from Amduscias Poro, a former member of the 13 crowns. So this could mean that either Bachiko or Mephisto will promote Iruma to rank 6, or maybe Sullivan when he returns from his work can promote Iruma to rank 6.

However Asmodeus Alice received rank 5 from a teacher. Maybe Iruma has to pass some kind of practical test (kind of like the Harvest Festival) to prove to Kalego that even though Iruma is a human, he deserves to be promoted to rank 6.

Although I think that Iruma could get Silvia to rise in rank, as well as the fact that without her help to reproduce Beem's painting the haunted house would not have been successful/would not have been so successful.

I wonder if the other former crowns, apart from Amduscias Poro, will be shown to us. I mean those crowns from Derkila's time.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like itll probably be that his rank isnt going up because he wasnt the main contributor to the actual display beyond finding the talents and getting them to express themselves.

Could also be that theres other conditions for moving up to the higher ranks too.
Would be a shitty reason. He may not have literally painted anything himself but he got everyone to work together seamlessly, thats leadership and its commendable.

Being as ranks aren't just a school thing, but built into their society, I suspect there's some rule to say that school's can't hand out ranks 6+ or they can only have so many students at that rank or higher at a given time (possibly has to beat Ameri to get it?). Otherwise what's to stop someone from becoming rank 9 or even 10 just by winning all these school festivals/aceing exams?

Could also be tying into what some others are saying about how it's supposed to be a measure of strength which, while he has his moments, Iruma doesn't seem all that powerful (yet).

I imagine it'll be a case of they'll say "we're not allowed to give you the rank, but we can give you a trial, complete that and you get it". Likely defeat XYZ or get a MacGuffin from "super dangerous" place .

Users who are viewing this thread