Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 34 Ch. 303 - Night of Illusion

Fed-Kun's army
I don't like this kind of plot, the goddess race was established as a all powerful being that could wipe the demons, but needed to be saved by one, Baal obviously false flagging and anyone should be capable of seeing that even more after all that talk about replacing the demon king, even if you are a lower level demon, and now the goddess girl "falling" for him is just bad in my perspective, I just hope this arcs gets better because so far I think is the one that I least liked and had the most problems with the direction the author is going (which is pretty cliche in a bad way).

Wasn't it only sullivan, opera, bachiko, and balam who know he's a human.
Ameri and her dad in the border control also know. I am also pretty sure others know/have a good hunch, like Azz mom and Kalego. Knowing Sulivan and Opera, they definitely want to leave disclosing the fact Iruma is human to Iruma. But if someone (Kalego) were to ask them if Iruma is human, they'd probably hint that it's true without actually saying it and say something along the line of "you will get the answer from Iruma when he's comfortable telling you". I utterly refuse to belive that Kalego doesn't know, with his personality and with the weird teacher-student, master-familiar bond they have.

I don't like this kind of plot, the goddess race was established as a all powerful being that could wipe the demons, but needed to be saved by one, Baal obviously false flagging and anyone should be capable of seeing that even more after all that talk about replacing the demon king, even if you are a lower level demon, and now the goddess girl "falling" for him is just bad in my perspective, I just hope this arcs gets better because so far I think is the one that I least liked and had the most problems with the direction the author is going (which is pretty cliche in a bad way).
I mean tbf, the way this was written was very OBVIOUSLY meant to leave the readers feeling tilted about it. That reaction from Razberry was very obviously expressing the readers' intended reaction to what was going on.

Also the goddess race is probably quite powerful... but... so are demons, but we've already seen the power gap between the most powerful young demon and a competent and powerful adult demon in the themepark arc... she needed body guards for a reason.

Ameri and her dad in the border control also know. I am also pretty sure others know/have a good hunch, like Azz mom and Kalego. Knowing Sulivan and Opera, they definitely want to leave disclosing the fact Iruma is human to Iruma. But if someone (Kalego) were to ask them if Iruma is human, they'd probably hint that it's true without actually saying it and say something along the line of "you will get the answer from Iruma when he's comfortable telling you". I utterly refuse to belive that Kalego doesn't know, with his personality and with the weird teacher-student, master-familiar bond they have.
Her dad suspects, doesn't KNOW, otherwise he'd have deported Iruma instantly to protect his baby girl I'm sure.

For my part, I'm enjoying the ride so far. I'm curious how Alice is going to react, or if it's another bait and switch, given the fact it's a cliffhanger BEFORE he says it, it could go either way. If it was locked in stone that Alice was going to find out, then it'd have finished with it being said.

THE IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK HOWEVER:
What happens when his current familiar contract runs out if Alice and Valac (and maybe Amelie) are aware of his human nature and why he keeps binding with Kalego?
Suddenly there's a lot of competition for that slot (and in the chaos no doubt Kalego ends up bound again)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I mean tbf, the way this was written was very OBVIOUSLY meant to leave the readers feeling tilted about it. That reaction from Razberry was very obviously expressing the readers' intended reaction to what was going on.

Also the goddess race is probably quite powerful... but... so are demons, but we've already seen the power gap between the most powerful young demon and a competent and powerful adult demon in the themepark arc... she needed body guards for a reason.

Yeah I know that this was the intention, that was what I don't like, the plot is probably going to take a very obvious and cliche route (in a bad way, I don't mind cliche per say), there was a lot of ways that this could end as to make the plot more interesting and to leave the possibility for further development, even the Goddess just crushing Baal plans and claiming that the demons tried to betray them.

And it was established that they are not just "quite powerful" but almost "All mighty" since "The fate of the demon race depends greatly on their temper", and even so the body guards should be strong enough to protect her even from the most powerful devils at the point to have at least some fight, not to be brushed in one single slap from one demon.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck are you talking about with this "lone heroic" and "push them to stop dragging their lazy asses" shit? The sniper just uploads one chapter, while Misfit has been uploading not just this but also Iruma-kun related spinoffs for at least three years at a pretty consistent rate.
In addition, there's a few positions and decisions that would definitely push back these chapters:

-Not having a redrawer that could open space/was interested in Iruma-kun proper, and because of their desire to mantain quality they delayed the chapters until someone could.

-Not having a typesetter to put the text properly, because quality, etc.

...and yeah that's most likely it. translation and at least a very rough draft of the expected finished product would let them have everything ready so as soon as either/both those positions got filled up they wouldn't have much of an issue batch-releasing everything by having a week's worth of work on either, maybe a bit more if both were.

I certainly don't work on scanlations but I've paid enough attention to the details of their workflow they usually mention at the end (on many teams, not misfits in particular), and that's where most of this speculation comes from. But it seems reasonable enough, thinking about a team on voluntary workers doing this on their spare time for the most part.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I know that this was the intention, that was what I don't like, the plot is probably going to take a very obvious and cliche route (in a bad way, I don't mind cliche per say), there was a lot of ways that this could end as to make the plot more interesting and to leave the possibility for further development, even the Goddess just crushing Baal plans and claiming that the demons tried to betray them.

And it was established that they are not just "quite powerful" but almost "All mighty" since "The fate of the demon race depends greatly on their temper", and even so the body guards should be strong enough to protect her even from the most powerful devils at the point to have at least some fight, not to be brushed in one single slap from one demon.
...but what if she's actually in on it? And helping baal along with his plan? Sure, it isn't all that probable, but if she trully has that much power and is able to properly wield it (we've seen that devils need to train their skill to actually use them to their best, who's to say young gods don't need to) the only reasonable explanation for it, other than the guards being unprepared for an actual crown-level demon trying anything, is that she's in on it and was playing along.

Dex-chan lover
I can only come up with two outcomes. Azz knew after being told or deduced it himself, or he doesn't know at all.

Dex-chan lover
Knowing how faithful demons are to their desire, him being human is a novelty rather than a demerit. They'd probably act like Balam sensei and ask him a ton of questions as they, (his peers) always have.

Chapter 267, Opening Night, it seems that Baal is aware that Iruma is a human. I wonder if he told Kirio about it, or that they came to the unanimous conclusion that Iruma is human because of clues like his suspicious identity as Sullivan's grandson.

Iruma-kun is a HUGE IDIOT for following me. I'm obviously a bad guy. Now I'm going to tell you the secret he's hiding from everyone. The secret that will change everything. I'm going to tell you right now. Are you ready? Iruma-kun is a (muffled sound as Ameri kicks Kirio in the face).

As much as I would love to see Ameri save Iruma from this fate; I'm more interested in seeing Azz Azz's reaction to learning Iruma is a human than an interruption.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if anyone's gonna mention the prophecy from chapter 7 after the revelation.

Supporter
He's never been in a situation where being human was a complete and total disavantage. That's my main gripe with the series.
I mean, he's been in plenty of situations where it would have been a big problem if someone hadn't been helping him. Right at the series' beginning, he would have died when Kalego pushed him off the cliff for the flying race if he hadn't been caught.

Supporter
So we're not gonna talk about [Misfits' fantastic work being too slow for my whiny ass]?
Wow, why is it that every time I see that profile pic, I just know I'm about to see the most entitled, brain-dead take I've seen all day?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Holy potatoes that cliff is evil, more evil than Kirio can ever hope to be :v

Y'know, I think he might not be interrupted at all, but rather something happens... I'm betting on either Iruma himself does something, or Kirio himself stops due to something Iruma does o3o

Also, why are so many peeps saying things about this turning cliche or the deity thing makes no sense or some shit right now when the situation hasn't even resolved yet? I mean...

When the Kirio thing resolves we prolly be getting some new points of view for the false flag operation going on that should answer some things, geez, people won't even wait till it ends to say shit... Wait till it actually becomes like that, if ever, to complain, at least... There's not enough info to make any conclusions rn, bruh... :v

Just to make a lotsa speculation o3o

Also wanna add, one of the reasons the demons got in such disarray is the fact it wasn't one thing, it was a lot of things at the same time that disrupted them.
▪A betrayal of the sort had never happened before
▪It was a 13th crowns aka the strongest demons levels of being attacking
▪When he 1st got defeated by Amechan dad it should've been the end but A FOOKING STOMACH MOUTH POPPED UP and everyone was like WADAFU?! And terrified EVERYONE cuz that's also never seem before, literally " there's no demon like that"
▪The demons whole nature of selfishness
▪The fact they all got suppressed by the 3 great just moments before so things wouldn't explode cuz magic going crazy and this could potentially make them unable to defend themselves
▪That the deity loli was most likely the most "...huh?" In a blank in that whole situation, in theory, as she and everyone else most likely never expected anything to ever try to harm her there
▪We also don't know if the mouth dude wouldn't just implode and get instakilled if he ever managed to come closer to her o3o
▪There's prolly more I either didn't notice or forgot...

Like, people are fast to forget there's a buncha crazy shit happening at the same time, and if even humans get shocked with much less, imagine selfish demons only looking out for themselves in a possibly powerless state? :v

Anyway, a pretty crazy twist would be the diety loli not falling for Baal, but rather she saw Iruma being the 1st to act and fell for his fiery arrow shooting lol

Fed-Kun's army

Her dad suspects, doesn't KNOW, otherwise he'd have deported Iruma instantly to protect his baby girl I'm sure.

For my part, I'm enjoying the ride so far. I'm curious how Alice is going to react, or if it's another bait and switch, given the fact it's a cliffhanger BEFORE he says it, it could go either way. If it was locked in stone that Alice was going to find out, then it'd have finished with it being said.

THE IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK HOWEVER:
What happens when his current familiar contract runs out if Alice and Valac (and maybe Amelie) are aware of his human nature and why he keeps binding with Kalego?
Suddenly there's a lot of competition for that slot (and in the chaos no doubt Kalego ends up bound again)
Isn't the renewed fam contract forever and that was why Kalego was so bruh when it happened? If I'm remembering right, the trial one is for 1y and if it goes well and you renew it becomes forever... Or maybe I'm remembering wrong lol

I'd love to see a war for Iruma's familiar position tho...

Fed-Kun's army
...but what if she's actually in on it? And helping baal along with his plan? Sure, it isn't all that probable, but if she trully has that much power and is able to properly wield it (we've seen that devils need to train their skill to actually use them to their best, who's to say young gods don't need to) the only reasonable explanation for it, other than the guards being unprepared for an actual crown-level demon trying anything, is that she's in on it and was playing along.
Or, what is the most possible, bad writing and the author himself forgetting about things he established early on, by her reaction I think is pretty clear that she is not involved, and the guards are probably just plotholes/bad writing.

That is why this plot feels so shallow for me and why I think it's going the cliche and easy to predict route, like I said it is not like this is utterly trash but for me these last couple chapters had a lot more potential.

Even more since we are at chapter 300 so is pretty far in the story, Alikred is just forgotten instead of being used on the arc that people are planning the "coup" of Derkila and the Ring of Gluttony was not even mentioned even with the Glutton Lord/Prince of Gluttony itself being something major on this arc so far, I hope that I'm wrong and things are not easily to predict or that these missing plots can be explored at some point, but I don't expect much.

Double-page supporter
Glasses guys gotta tone down the cannibalism before he proposes to iruma imo. Like, get that down to a biting kink or at least just some blood stuff first and I think it'd work out 💚

Double-page supporter
Ok so now is the moment this story can get REALLY interesting or just go horribly predictive and boring.
Will his humanity play any sort of role and his fundamental difference from a demon be confronted? or will it be the same old "we're all the same deep down, it's all good because love and friendship and shit" easy cop out?
I personally think it'll be a "We'll discuss this later" situation which will turn into a "We'll discuss it when you're ready to discuss it", because Azz is enamored with Iruma way too much to confront him, meaning that either Iruma will have to proactively tell him about himself, or Azz will try to poke for more information about humans (probably from Balam, though he may turn to other people first, cause it would make for better comedic angle, for ex. their club senpai) before doing something dumb/misunderstood "for" Iruma, which he'll appreciate anyway, and they finally discuss it out then. But that's all when the story will need a breather.
(Reminder, all above is speculation)
Fuck, so Baal stole the credit and got a BIG backer. This is gonna be interesting. I'm actually fine whether Kirio actually reveal Iruma's secret or not. 'Cuz I don't think it mattered for him at this point.
What's interesting, is we don't know the Princess™ personality, although graphically she's very reminiscent to Chima from the flashbacks to the 2nd Akudol arc. It's possible we'll explore the other consequences of the "lovestruck at first sight" phenomena. The only "Gods" we've know so far is Toto, and the Harpny (only from the Gaap family legend) and they both seem like weirdos to me (The hime/ouji kind of weirdos).
Actually we almost held the chapters after they were done because we were worried people might think that, but we figured why let a sniper ruin our fun? This was just when they all got done.
Hey, Your translations & redraws stand out by their quality, for the people that just wanna read the story forward there's always crude MTL, but for people who wanna read and enjoy manga the better Scanlation shines just that much better.
Baal stole the show and now Iruma got the really stupid idea of going after the perverted canibal. Damn Iruma, netx time shot first and ask questions later. :devilish:
Particularly horrifying seeing kirio joyfully talking about eating iruma to his face immediately after perpetrating a reputation overhaul for his senior that is going to lead to some absolutely horrific events.
Man i love iruma but i hated him in this chapter like wtf are doing going to someone that might be a threat to you without any back up if he was killed in this chapter I would be well that's his fault for being stupid(rant over) but I feel Alice might simp for iruma even harder knowing his human and has been able to do what he has done so far
I'd like to remind everyone that Iruma hasn't seen Kirio since the Fireworks, and back then He saw him as a kindred soul, who was kinda messed up by the Demon World.
He didn't know Kirio was in Walter Park, didn't know He was behind the Coco(Trauma-guy) going nuts, he wasn't told what happened in the lab by Azz (Here's a difference in view, Azz knows that Kiryo's Hostile, while Iruma may thing he's only fugitive). I guess Iruma's less bothered by the whole "I eat you"-part (remember the School's hymn, he probably expected that at some point, especially after the discussion with Kalego's onii-chan) but more, that the one guy he looks up and relates to now knows he's a "deceiver", and the other guy he looks up to and is very close with will find out.
Tbh, even if they claim he's human, who's going to believe it?
I'm sure everyone remembers his wicked phase?
It's not about Outing him to the world, cause that would be hard countered by Sullivan influence, and the trust he shares with other 3 greats means they'd probably back him up on this.
It's about undermining Iruma's trust between him and his friendsAllies in the Netherworld, as well as making him more enemies. While some of them rely on Families or Bodyguards,
All Demons are essentially alone,
Higher Demons are respected and listened to not out of Love, Loyalty, or Law but due to Fear of them and their power
If Iruma is rumored to be human, that means that even the lowest Demons will have a cause to fear him not, and consequently can be convinced to oppose/undermine him later down the line. It's especially important now, since cronyism is incredibly powerful in a society of lone wolfes, it completely breaks the game and flips over the table on the system we've heard Baal is trying to restore.
the most upset for me is iruma don't get the princess as his new waifu
While politically beneficial, it would be a liability for him in personal life, imagine Ameri summoning him to the office, to spent time together, but instead it's one of the big Gods of the Netherworld.
Remember how suspicious Azz and Clarin were as to what trouble he is in, before both them and the rest of his class and the Student council just acknowledged them as at least liaisons. Imagine that but instead it's the most powerful people in the netherworld wondering what the hell's going on.
99% sure Clara already knows.

A great common subversion to readers is to make the token “idiot” look smart by knowing things the “smart” characters overlooked.
99% sure Clara doesn't care.
I don't think she'd have bothered thinking about it, other than in the form of "What Iruma likes/is interested in" and when she's officialy knows, she'll just pepper him with million stupid/playful questions. I can imagine her outlook being similiar to Bachiko But instead of "A Human's the best to learn my Archery, anyway." it's "A Human's the best to be my friend, anyway."
he was,[..], a gnome.
Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread