Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 35 Ch. 305 - To You Who Doesn't Understand Me

Dex-chan lover
I'm a lot more dissatisfied with his arc than anything. It's a bunch of setup and teasers for a future eventual arc at the cost of this one having basically no pay off. I mean, I guess it might not be over. But I was hoping to see more of Iruma and the others mingling and getting social. Kalego's brother literally didn't explain anything and just gave the vague notion he's either his own player or working with the thunder prick. The thunder prick didn't do much, he stole some praise and fame but that literally can't pay off till later.

It also feels like so much of this was "tell don't show", which is really surprising for an artist drawn Manga. Like for example when the thunder prick stole the show, against everything that's been setup and has been shown of the 13 crowns and security thus far we've just supposed to accept that literally everyone with power in the underworld is that useless? Baal only actually got involved because he orchestrated the even. Then there was Iruma and Azz and that's it. Nothing from Azz's mom who's literally there as Iruma protector specifically and supposed to be always watching and supporting him? Or Ameri? Or Sullivan whose previously been shown to dunk on and humiliate everyone with ease (it's really weird that all the three greats did here was make everyone stop panicking). I mean the school's teachers do a better job at protecting attendants. I mean it's not like it's just the 13 crowns and security, almost every demon worth a Damn was in attendance here and that all just gave up at the sight of a stomach mouth? We're just supposed to buy that other than Iruma and Azz (Baal being in on it), everyone couldn't be bothered to do anything but protect themselves? Heck, thunder prick saved the deity who had her own security force (which realistically should have been strong enough to hold off even the likes of Sullivan as she was the only deity in attendance and for all whomever sent her knew she could have been ganged up on by all demons). The deities themselves were also a massive letdown (after we JUST got hype for them). I mean maybe she does something cool later or we learn something extra later, but as far as we got in this arc she was just a damsel in distress whose own bodyguards suck.

I'm just generally not digging the way this has played out. It feels more like the plot bending to the thunder pricks will because the author needs setup than an organic outcome. The older brother cutting off his entire revelation and not telling Kalego Iruma is a human over a PHONE CALL pretty accurately sums up my frustration. The brother either does not care about Iruma being human as much as he let's on or doesn't care about Kalego's well being (as I assume he was telling him not to associate with Iruma anymore because he didn't want him caught up in Iruna's messes) despite claiming to put his clans interests first. Why even start the conversation if one ring on the phone (could literally have spit out human and then answered on the second or third ring) will make you withhold the most crucial information? I can buy last chapter with Clara calling and Iruma changing the subject entirely, but the way it went down here is a bit too much to keep down.
Yeah, this ones been really weak writing wise. You've summed up most of my problems with this arc pretty nicely. I hope the author doesn't start falling back on this kind of writing anymore after this.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit. How many more times will Iruma almost get his identity revealed.

At this point, who already knows that Iruma is a human?

Right now off the top my head its
- Ameri, Opera, Sullivan, the little ring dude (wonder when he'll be popping up again), and most of the bads at this point.
When did Ameri learn he's human?

Dex-chan lover
So... Iruma is the reincarnated Demon King Derkila who got bored and decided to try and be a human right? Thats the big secret? And why Iruma's demonic journey seems to mirror Derkila's own? And why the fragment of the former demon king thats in the ring (whose name is literally Derkila spelled backwards) likes iruma so much? And also why Sullivan chose iruma out of billions of other human children?

With how often the Iruma is Human reveal has been baited, I think that the real reveal is gonna be something different - likely that Iruma is Delkira's reincarnation or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
In case this wasn't mentioned earlier, Narnia makes a slip of the tongue.

Kalego-sensai asks Narnia specifically about Atori, and Narnia says "getting those two into Babyls was a necessary process."

It's not much of a slip, since they were already suspicious of Shida, but it is still an unintentional admission. (Assuming the translation is right, of course.)

Dex-chan lover
I think it's intentional and they're being watched to not revel he's human. Clara might have been a fake out

Dex-chan lover
Interrupted twice from them saying Iruma is human: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! I'm glad the other readers got annoyed at that too.
The author could've left it with an "Anyway Iruma is human. Kthx bye." after that phone call, but noooooo. 🙄

Dex-chan lover
.... Oh he's like the one big bro from hxh. He turned to an extremist bc he loves his family way too much...

Dex-chan lover
we don't even know what's so bad about humans except "yummy", right?

Dex-chan lover
pretty sure not all person here have the N-words pass :meguusmug: no wonder author stalling it

Please phones should be banned in the deviculum..
first Kiriwo was gonna tell Asmodeus Iruma was human but then got caught off by Iruma's phone ringing
Then Narnia was gonna tell Kalego Iruma was human but then AGAIN got caught off with his phone ringing...

PLEAAAASEEEEE.......

Users who are viewing this thread