Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 35 Ch. 304 - You and Me

Dex-chan lover
Nooooooo the two sadist villains working together directly is so baaad they'll enable each otheeeer. 😭

I hope iruma has a chance sometime soon to come out to his friends, hopefully not while feeling forced to.

This whole arc was designed to basically kick Iruma down. I truly hate when a series and characters make me angry like this. I know it's the sign of a good villain, but it is not a good feeling for me. I don't like raging. It ends up triggering my depression.

It's what made me stop reading Hero Academia when it went on it's villain arc. Think I need a break from this series for a while. Especially if the author is going to try to constantly wave the "Baal is a hero" bullshit in our faces from now on.
I get a similar feeling from tense villain with good publicity/high anxiety/high stress arcs as well, def take a good long break and pick back up when you feel safe to. The worst feeling is pushing through it and coming to not enjoy reading a series you used to love because it just triggers every negative feeling in you.

Dex-chan lover
I know Iruma is too much of a cinnamon roll right now, but I look forward to if/when he chooses to put his foot down and go on the offensive against those scumbags
The day that happens. Literally and figuratively all hell will break loose.

Group Leader
It was underwhelming that they just completely abandoned the topic of Iruma being human
(especially because of the cliffhanger last chapter).

I hoped for a moment Iruma would shout and say it himself.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Iruma is heavily biased toward Kirio due to their time as kouhai and senpai, which is fine-ish. I just wish the author wrote Kirio to be less of a completely irredeemable and clearly psychotic terrorist and just generally creepy person that only gives off bad vibes. Like Iruma, it's okay to just admit you were wrong about him and acknowledge everything you like about someone was an act. People who want to literally eat you ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!

Why does it feel like stupid Clara's sixth sense went off and compelled her to block Azzy from learning Iruma's most intimate secret and furthering their friendship alone?

Aggregator gang
honestly getting bored of kirio atp 😭 the weird pervert shtick was fun at first, esp in contrast to the facade we'd seen earlier, but i feel like all kirio ever teally does is show up at the end of an arc, say a couple lame oneliners, and then dissapear again. like please make him actually do something

Dex-chan lover
You're all missing something very important about Iruma: his greatest weakness is also his greatest strength. It's a tragically ironic trait that Iruma wants to see the good in everyone because the demons he's encountered so far all could be redeemed in some way-and even the worst ones he thinks probably are still better than his parents.

The same mentality Iruma has towards the other people he knows and which has allowed him to form many strong relationships with people who will protect him is what he is trying to do with Amy because he doesn't care about things like glory, adoration, or being on the top of the demon hierarchy-but instead wishes just to have friends, which is the trait he has most demons do not which allows him to climb to the top of the hierarchy. Consider this mentality to be the result of the "ambition" conversation he had with Ameri- He's ambitious enough to even want to see a monster like Amy become able to be good again. Whether this is an exercise in futility and will result in being his fatal flaw remains to be seen. (Though I should note despite this being one of those traits often associated with Mary Sues, Iruma clearly is not a Mary Sue given his struggles in the setting and is more akin to a paragon archetype.)
I know exactly why you're saying this - and I still want Kirio to die.

Fed-Kun's army
That last page wasn't just Demonopoly...

That's an all-you-can-eat iru-despair buffet

Man, he really loves Iruma... Makes you wonder how it'd go if it wasn't for his super demonic nature that makes him want to see people suffer as much as he loves them... Azukun would have serious competition lol

Dex-chan lover
To you guys shitting on Kiriwo for acting like he does: did you ever think that maybe Iruma just tastes that damn good?

Dex-chan lover
This whole arc was designed to basically kick Iruma down. I truly hate when a series and characters make me angry like this. I know it's the sign of a good villain, but it is not a good feeling for me. I don't like raging. It ends up triggering my depression.

It's what made me stop reading Hero Academia when it went on it's villain arc. Think I need a break from this series for a while. Especially if the author is going to try to constantly wave the "Baal is a hero" bullshit in our faces from now on.
1st world problems

P.S. Kirio x Iruma best ship

Dex-chan lover
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease not another Sasuke/Naruto situation - sometimes, someone's too far gone. We should realize this.

What Kirio doesn't understand is that his true nemesis isn't Iruboy... it is... CLARA THE HAPPY CHAOS GREMLIN.

I kinda hope Iruma "fails" to bring back Kirio, I think it would be best for him to understand that some people aren't lost in their ways, they very much know what they want.

Kirio is his best self, and I think that any outcome where he "reverts" would detract from the story.
Yes and no, on the one hand, his desires are definitely quite perverse by our standards, but Kirio did start off as a demon that wanted to help others, and he has had moments that suggest that he doesn't fully believe what he's saying (which is why Iruma believes he can be redeemed.) That being said, I wouldn't disagree that Kirio is all probably too far gone by this point because of how being around Baal amplifies Kirio's more perverse nature.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Iruma can't come to terms with being betrayed by his senpai.
The two of them are kind of kindred spirits, and Iruma has seen that there was good inside of Kirio, at this point that good might have been squashed, but there have been brief glimpses of a better side of Kirio that he personally denies exists.

Dex-chan lover
The two of them are kind of kindred spirits, and Iruma has seen that there was good inside of Kirio, at this point that good might have been squashed, but there have been brief glimpses of a better side of Kirio that he personally denies exists.
Agreed. Plus Iruma knows Kirio saved him when he didn't have to. Iruma stopped the bombing and Kirio saved him from falling.

Users who are viewing this thread