Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 9 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation ! She's so smol and precious :wooow: This chibi will be a great amount of fun I'm sure of it :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
It should be Sefirot or Sephirot, and not Sephiroth. It's even written セフィロト in the raws, while the FFVII character is named セフィロス.
Oops lmao. FF made me believe that sephiroth was an actual spelling. Turns out, nope. Sephiroth comes from sephirot/sefirot (I knew this word existed, just thought the -roth part was an alternative spelling). Mb, I'll make the change.

Double-page supporter
Oops lmao. FF made me believe that sephiroth was an actual spelling. Turns out, nope. Sephiroth comes from sephirot/sefirot (I knew this word existed, just thought the -roth part was an alternative spelling). Mb, I'll make the change.
Wikipedia says that the Hebrew word Səfīrōt transliterated into English as both forms but funnily enough, even the FF franchise makes the difference with Sephiroth in FFVII and Sephirot in FFXIV (which is a boss inspired from the Fiend in FFVI). That's how I learnt it could be written without the 'h' and that Japanese people make the difference between both when writing it in katakana. ^^
Anyway, thanks for the change and the translation/editing/everything else. :)

Dex-chan lover
I think keeping the I bit my tongue part would be good.

Using small font size would indicate she is whispering, and that would add to her cuteness.

Original:
vwQwv1D.png

In my opinion it should be somehow like this:
TCPWzmO.png

Dex-chan lover
I think keeping the I bit my tongue part would be good.

Using small font size would indicate she is whispering, and that would add to her cuteness.
This one kind of threw me off for a bit. She's saying: 噛んだ (kanda) meaning "I bit." Now, I wasn't sure if this really meant literally as it's often used as a gag in manga and anime with characters actually biting their tongue. But, after some digging, it can be used as an idiom to stumbling/fumbling over your own words.

I think I'll keep "I stumbled" since "I bit my tongue" is a bit too lengthy imo. I'll consider the smaller font size tho.

Users who are viewing this thread