Makenshi no Maken Niyoru Maken no Tame no Harem Life - Ch. 8 - Let's transfer

Dex-chan lover
Strange... the supposed bodyguard just stood there and glared at the playboy instead of doing her job...

Dex-chan lover
I suppose if either of the girls handled that situation with force it'd just cause unnecessary trouble. Pushing Soujirou without actually harming him was rude, but perhaps not at a level that warranted anything particularly severe like drawing weapons on him or something.

He did also leave when they declined his offer instead of just being persistent, so he made a surprisingly good call for this kind of character in a manga. Left before he actually caused the other side to lose patience and squash him like a bug.

Dex-chan lover
@KingLich I'm wondering the same thing unless the staff is actually a really long barrelled rifle (doubt it since we saw almost all of it) but even then I would've imagined she'd need ammo strapped somewhere and a smaller hip holstered gun for close range fights.

Dex-chan lover
Were there some sort of translation difficulties with that tower fee system? It made no sense to me.
"In case you return to this city [...] it will be 1000 marl" — I'm guessing what they mean is that the transfer point on the other end is automatic and you need to pay for the return trip on this end?
"I'll give you this wooden tag [...] you just need to buy it back when you return" — buy back what, the tag he already has? Wouldn't it make more sense that the transfer point operators would buy back that tag to make sure the adventurers come back via this tower and sell their loot there as well?

I don't fault the translators, though. I know that bureaucratic babble can be difficult to translate.

Dex-chan lover
@KingLich
My guess is that she's probably some sort of offensive magic device user? Whether something else is called a "gun" in that world or if that was the closest translation that would make sense, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread