Makenshi no Maken Niyoru Maken no Tame no Harem Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Tower and The Monsters

Dex-chan lover
hmmm, if this were another type of manga it would be her slowly manipulating our MC to become a mindless killing machine by brainwashing him to the point of where he even considers all humans to be "evil" no matter what. But eh it'll probably never be that way since it isn't

Demihumans? What? Its been a while, is this actually a point that has been established already? He can't hurt animals but he's fine killing non-humans?

Dex-chan lover
He has to see it as some kind of human; he would never just cut down a dog, but humans... already established that any human that is a threat becomes just another piece of meat to him.
So, the doggo of doom had to seem like some kind of "human" for him to kill it.

Double-page supporter
Demihuman prejudice, just what everyone wants in a main character... .. ...?

Dex-chan lover
Demi-human not sub-human? I thought he got past his hang ups on killing things by seeing them as sub human. Is it different because it's a beast? Just feels off because of how often demi-humans are a staple to isekai worlds. I'm curious if it's the same reading as our usual demi-humans or not.

Aggregator gang
Its not that. Mc has issues killing it since its a dog. What they mean is that mc has no issue killing humans. So she made him view the monster wolf as an evil demihuman, thus he can cut him down. To him it dosnt matter if the enemy is human, demi human or whatever. He will cut them so long as they are his enemy

Double-page supporter
So the MC must imagine that a monster is a kind of "human" in order to kill it because he cannot kill it as long as he thinks of monsters as dangerous "animals"?
I did not know that he is dumb to such an extent to be unable to differ between an "animal" that is not dangerous and an "animal" that is dangerous to the point of threatening his life if he does not kill it.

But honestly the ending would have been better if it stated the monster as just a "different/evil kind of human" instead of "demi-human" which causes a lot of misunderstanding with the readers like me at first.

Fed-Kun's army
This seems like a case of poor translation word choice as they keyword "demi-humans" doesn't make sense, I mean, they're fighting what is essentially a rabid dog here, there is no "human" anything to be seen. It would make far more sense if the word was "non-humans" or "demons" or some such.

Makes me curious what the actual Japanese word used here was.

@frungy
亜人 was the word she used there, it'd be either subhuman or demihuman... As for "Monster" (魔物)I just TLd it like Abandoned did for the sake of congruence .
I'm not going to change these terms lmao

Users who are viewing this thread