MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Group Leader
@Potato
Confirmed features coming soon™ to a MangaDex near you!
The manga page will be upgraded for support with all the languages. You will see different language descriptions, scanlation status etc depending on your display language setting.

About scanlation statuses...this sounds like it would be very useful for both the readers before they start reading a new series, and for scanlation groups who are looking for something to pick up but aren't sure the previous group is still working on it or not. But how will it be implemented? While adding it as a genre tag might work...like a simple "TL dropped" tag would make it easy to filter out and search for....I think it would look cleaner if it was under it's own subheading, particularly if it's put one line below, between the current "Pub. Status:" and "Stats:" sections.

Power Uploader
@Minezuki
It would be nice if the thread have some more note on the suggestion.
3. Suggest date - user - an estimate time for working
4. Priority of the suggestion
@Fireoath
When will we see the "bookmark specific chapters / pages"?
@Harry_Dong
About scanlation statuses ... how will it be implemented?

I'm actually not part of the staff so I don't really know. We can try getting @Holo in here and see if he has had any chance to think about those details yet.

Dex-chan lover
Please excuse me if this has already been posted, but is there a way to directly respond/answer to comments? And arrange them into tree structure?

My bad if this has already been posted, but I would like to see what got adapted in the previous season on that adaptation featured page (this page https://mangadex.org/featured ).

Contributor
i thought there would be someone take care of that job? contact with the person in charge?
And everyone with highlight ID are in discord group? busy with there jobs?
So follow the rules and suggest thing i want
@potato

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Udomsa33

Forums and comment threads are part of the same system, whenever the forums get their reply button is when it'll show up in comments as well. Only way to do it is manually right now.

@Minezuki

All the features that are done get sorted into "implemented" for the megathread. If it's not in the rejected list, it's a potentially planned feature. As for an estimate date and what features are priority, there's currently no way for us to guarantee a time frame for any planned feature. Holo is currently the only dev for MangaDex, his time is limited and priorities change over time. Whatever is deemed most important for the future of the site will get done first. If you want to know what's being worked on at the time, you're free to join the Discord if you want an update on the situation.

Contributor
Thanks for reply
Then i will take the priority is what most important to the future of the site and it wont change like you said.
And wait patiently for the suggest to change from planned to implemented

Contributor
I've noticed the following button is green when you have it set to reading again. Would be nice if it could be changed back to grey/black since it's doesn't stand out as much since non-following series have the follow button as green. It's misleading since green is thought of as "not following and should click to follow."

Contributor
@Potato
Maybe here (clip paint studio) :
uHJUx7B.png

Group Leader
Please add a setting that allows users to decide who can message them, e.g. mods only, mods + friends, everyone.

*Chapter selection, title name that takes you back to main page and a "back to top" button at the bottom in long strip mode.

i want to improve this suggestion. sorry a bit technical idk what to say.

instead of this, my suggestion is make all those menus at top (chapters, manga title, settings, comments, and more functions) have its CSS position absolute after some scrolling so it will always on screen, then make it collapsible like the burger menu, this way people can collapse it while reading and use it if we want to use the menus. i think this maybe better for user experience and more quality of life. add an option to place the collapsed menu somewhere on the screen is also a plus, for example an option to put it at bottom right because more people using mobile and right handed. im open for mockup or pull request if needed.

Fed-Kun's army
EDIT: Didn't know there was a beta and it was already implemented, sorry, im new, spare me ???

Hello! my suggestion is to add a follow button directly in the mangas for both the search and the manga directory (titles)

Im new, and i really liked this page that i see is relatively new too, so i decided to migrate from another manga page in the border of extinction (the fox one)

So as i started to create my follow list, i found it very slow to open every manga one by one and scrolling to the follow button to add it

I'm pretty much up to date with most of the manga i like so i only wanted to create my follow list ASAP and wait for updates

Since the search and title directory have differente kinds of view options, you could maybe use the follow count in the Detailed, Expanded and Simple views so when you click on them you automatically follow the manga, and in the grid view you could add a highlight over the manga image and show a "Go to manga" and "Follow" button

This will help to all your new readers who like me come from other manga pages

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@ethers This is not live on the beta yet, but there's going to be a "back to top" button that's normally hidden but appears on long strip mode (at mobile widths only) when you scroll upwards. I'll consider doing changes to the menu, but this was significantly easier to do at least for now.

RcrCqqb.png

Fed-Kun's army
Question: is it being looked at to add the "Delayed" chapters to the follows so that we readers can know when it had been uploaded to translator site with a link?
I believe the translators would appreciate the site visits as a result

Group Leader
Could light themes have a BG colour that's very slightly darker than pure white? Sometimes a manga page is pure white at the top and only contains drawings/writing at the bottom, so it sometimes seems like an image hasn't loaded. With a differing BG colour, there would be instant visual feedback that a page image is present.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@daniel11111222 posted:

Could light themes have a BG colour that's very slightly darker than pure white? Sometimes a manga page is pure white at the top and only contains drawings/writing at the bottom, so it sometimes seems like an image hasn't loaded. With a differing BG colour, there would be instant visual feedback that a page image is present.
I agree, #ffffff isn't great. Even something like #fdfdfd would be a bit less eye-searing.

Users who are viewing this thread