MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Dex-chan lover
A block user feature.
Curious how this will be implemented. Will it just prevent a user from messaging you, or will it also hide all comments from the blocked user as well? The latter would be good.

Group Leader
Onion adress to mangadex! This will make loading times shorter, rather than going through an exit node and then onto mangadex.

Lil

Not really too important but if new genre are added can they be put in alphabetically? As it is now Game and Isekai are at the end of the list under [no chapters].

v1m

As suggested by @Dumke earlier in this thread, the feature to collapse follow updates by manga or chapter or filter the view otherwise is direly needed. E.g. when somebody does a bulk upload of 200 chapters each for some random language for 4 follows, you have to click through 99 pages of ancient chapter uploads in Romanian till you get to the updates you're actually interested in.

* It should be possible to show only show follow notification for updates where the number/index of the uploaded chapter is greater than the chapter last read (may be possible since the last read chapter is stored? – depends on how chapters are indexed).
* The language filter e.g. "reading language" should be applicable to the follows list to exclude irrelevant language updates.
* Bulk updates should be collapsed in some way by default.

Power Uploader
@v1m

Language Filters work on the follows list. To access them, click the globe icon on the taskbar and change the filter language to whichever language you would like.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible with how the reader is built, but I would love to see double tap+swipe up/down for zooming on mobile, like it's implemented in Chrome (for non-mobile sites) and most image viewers. Makes zooming much easier when holding the phone in one hand.

Contributor
So since the site only tracks read chapters on series that you have followed, I pretty often find myself reading a new series that I forgot to follow before reading and find myself having to go through each chapter individuals to mark them read. Now it isn’t exactly a problem with series with only 6 or so chapter but it gets a bit tedious when a series has 50-100+ chapters.

Contributor
It would be nice if the thread have some more note on the suggestion.
1. Highlight is planned, not is working on it.
2. Which suggest had been done on top of the list.
3. Suggest date - user - an estimate time for working
4. Priority of the suggestion

I know that when opening the site we get the Latest updates but it's limited, i didn't browse the site for a whole month
so when i was looking at the Latest updates pages it was limited to only 16 pages, those can you expand it to contain
more titles.
Another thing, i don't want to see any yaoi/yuri manga so can you add a feature that hide some genres completely,
like you did with hentai manga.

1. Receive email notifications when new chapters of manga you're following get posted.
2. Make the search bar give you a drop down menu of series that match what you're typing where you can click on the series itself right from the search bar.

Double-page supporter
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but: What about the similar function of giving likes/agreeing to other people's comments in manga comments sections that was in batoto?

Dex-chan lover
be able to make own polls on new thread!

or/

As well i do agree with a poll like in mangaupdates as @VawX suggested!

People loves polls and un/necesesary statistics!!

Power Uploader
@FNeNa It's called latest updates for a reason, 16 pages (one week) is already alot imo. What you could do right now though is to go to Manga > Titles > change view mode to either simple or expanded list > sort by latest updated, you won't get chapters along with the titles, but you can go on until there is no mangas left.

@Moodyz The way it was suggested was just to hide comments and forum posts from the blocked user with an option to show specific posts.

I dont know if this has been implemented already but if it's not the case, i would like to know if is possible to have a history of your reads, i think it can be useful to remember mangas you were reading but don't remember, i read a lot so some times i don't remember, i know you can searh on your follow lists but that can take some time.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@uhuh on the beta, there's a read history implemented that lets you see your last 10 chapters read.

When will we see the "bookmark specific chapters / pages"? This is honestly a necessity.

Contributor
Go to page and more page number to click on. Need it the most at follow, can only move to 2 page at once is kinda annoy with so much space there is

A bookmark function for chapters will be extremely helpful for long chapters. i.e. opening the chapter resumes at last closed point.

Users who are viewing this thread