MangaDex Two Year Anniversary

MangaDex Two Year Anniversary

• I would prefer that MangaDex stayed ad-free and I would donate cryptocurrency to keep it that way.

Votes: 707 15.2%
  • I would prefer that MangaDex stayed ad-free and I would donate a server ($50-$90/mo) for MangaDex to

Votes: 473 10.2%
  • I would prefer that MangaDex used affiliate sponsorship to sustain itself.

Votes: 1,045 22.5%
  • I would prefer that MangaDex used non-intrusive ads to sustain itself.

Votes: 2,424 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
Time sure flies, Happy birthday MD! For me it just like yesterday when this site born to replace batoto, even i'm doubting myself is it really been 2 years already?!

I can't afford to donate a server, but I'd be willing to donate a smaller amount, but as paypal isn't really an option right now, I'm not sure how I could do that at the moment.

Speedphoenix
If you do add in non-intrusive ads for guest do implement it as an opt-in for users too
I wonder how much a small banner at the very bottom of the front page would generate...
this! i think that most people will turn it on just to support mangadex either way

Malware doen't even need a small add, it just needs a tag, a reference in your page. Just an FYI. Even the smallest ad.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Necron99Scans The financial problem is laid out pretty clearly in the OP.

We're currently paying for our servers with cryptocurrency to maintain information security. We still have enough from previous donations to cruise by for another three months but we need to come up with a solution before that happens. Donations through Paypal are off the table now and so we've decided to poll the community on what we should do next to fund the site.

yeah.. just do ads and who have much bucks in their pocket can say f to ads.. cuz begging itself is not change anything much.. and some translation group still need money too i guess?? idk..

Staff
Admin
@Necron99Scans

Just checked and...

MxNJQan.png

They didn't even have 2TB of material. 50TB... nope.

@holo claimed you are reselling the slack time in your servers, as you know. Guess that is not working out, as expected. As a scanlator, I'm just trying to understand how I can help you. It's money, of course. that means nothing.

Staff
Admin
Holo never claimed that. Literally never heard that before - you are the first person to ever say it. Dunno how you even arrived at that.

And nope, they had 2TB.

That's their full site rip. Time to take those rose-tinted glasses off my friend. The site wasn't as big as you remember it seems!

Contributor
While I'm totally fine with unintrussive ads I'm still leaning towards donation mmm...
I don't know how hard it is for the crypto currency donation to be implemented but I believe E-hentai has that system for years and seems to be working quite a bit mmm...

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Necron99Scans
We appreciate your input but it would be nice if you could cut down on the double and triple posting. Thanks!

Is there anything between "bitcoin" and "paypal" or "donating a server"? I'd love to support you guys, but I don't do bitcoin or paypal, and I can't afford to donate a server. Patreon? LiberaPay? Stripe? Square?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread