MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Teasday
> I was talking about PC too since there's no mouse on mobile lol.
I thought you'd, like, flick your finger harder or something lol. I dunno, I don't use my phone. My bad.

I think it's better now, thanks a lot

The new system is glitchy as heck - in addition to unnatural amounts of lag, it has a habit of resetting to a random page every so often when you click.

While I like improvements, I don't like the new reader settings, it is not scrolling first, had to look for it. Also, the icon-based pages means if I don't remember what the icon means, I have to look to see what it is.
Some of the detail stuff on the main page are nice though, I like easily seeing the TL doing the work.

Double-page supporter
Is there a function on the homepage to cycle through latest updates (i.e. going to pages 2, 3, 4, etc.)? Sometimes when I come on the site after several days/week, I try to go through the list to see what I missed/what interesting "new" manga came out, and it seems you can't do that through the front page anymore.

Honestly, translations can come out really fast during weekends or evenings, and an update 6 hours ago would already have "disappeared." You can still find it through the "Latest Updates" list, but that's an extra step.

@Das, I know there are tons of resizing options.

I can't use fit to width or fit to Height resizing by themselves, the images end up centered on the left in massive blobs. In fact, even when I restrict the width the images lean slightly left, which gives my head massive headaches as I have an eye condition that prevents my eyes from moving that much.

So I need to use restrict the container width to prevent these images auto filling up my screens. The problem is, IT RESTRICTS BY PIXELS, so the displayed image keeps changing width because the PIXELS and PICTURE QUALITY change significantly per picture and depending on the up loader.

THIS IS A BIG DEAL, the width keeps bloating or shrinking so the image keeps distorting in unpredictable ways which is PARTICULARLY IRRITATING and results in an uneven viewing experience and requires TEDIOUS TWEAKING of options each time a chapter is changed, another manga is opened, Over and Over and Over again.

*edit: Ugh, I can't get Detective Conan to display as a 900 pixel wide image. I restrict to 1,000, the displayed pixels becomes 925, I restrict the pixels to 900, it displays Freakin 725 pixels wide.

Can you at least leave option to go on older version? All these config are useless (at least for me) and making reader even harder to understand than EVE Online.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Arceni You can change to the legacy reader by going into profile settings -> reader -> legacy.

Dex-chan lover
I suggest switching to [legacy] reader mode if there's anything that frustrates you. At least for the time being. And then maybe wait for the future tweaks and updates so you can give the new design a second chance.
You can find this option in your profile settings.

What won't change back is the updates page, and I must confess I, too, preferred the old minimalistic layout.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Metalking1417 posted:

The new system is glitchy as heck - in addition to unnatural amounts of lag, it has a habit of resetting to a random page every so often when you click.
No idea what you're talking about with "unnatural amounts of lag", but I'm guessing this is another case of the user not realizing the directional tapping is a thing now. Left side moves left, right side moves right. If you don't like it, you can change the setting in the reader menu.

@crazybars posted:

The pixel restricted container option just doesn't work that well in practice because your image files have huge differences in pixel sizes and quality so your containers being restricted by pixels means the image SHOWN keeps changing bloody sizes. Meaning the restricted container results in images that are resized differently each time. A high quality image shows up as this stunted tiny image, A low quality one gets blown up into a giant covering half my screen.
Small images shouldn't be getting stretched in any mode, and neither should big ones be squished smaller without keeping their ratio. Maximum container width is just that, the maximum. It doesn't make small images wider than they should be. If it does, tell me what browser you are using because that's definitely not supposed to be happening.

@crazybars posted:

All I want is the image centered in the middle
They're in the middle of the container, and with the sidebar it would look really weird (or potentially forcibly pushed to the side) if I centered the images based on the full screen.

@crazybars posted:

I just want the image to BE the same size REGARDLESS of image quality every time so I don't have to keep clicking options after I do it once.
Again, they are either resized smaller based on the display fit option (constrained by width, height or both) or their natural size. Any other behaviour shouldn't be happening.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Inori posted:

What won't change back is the updates page, and I must confess I, too, preferred the old minimalistic layout.
Well actually you can still access it via https://mangadex.org/updates (the link is right there on the front page) and if you want to set it permanently there's an option in the user settings for that.

It's a nice upgrade though I would prefer there be a next button for the home page that automatically go to the next page of latest release or your follows

Hard to use with mobile in the new site. Any way to switch to old layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread