MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
Not a fan of the new reader as I can't really customize it to work like the old one where clicking on the image goes to the next chapter while in long strip mode. So I'll just switch back to legacy mode.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Aruseus493 posted:

Not a fan of the new reader as I can't really customize it to work like the old one where clicking on the image goes to the next chapter while in long strip mode. So I'll just switch back to legacy mode.
What's wrong with clicking the next chapter links instead? Besides, it'll go to the next chapter by clicking on the last image of the chapter anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
Is it "group chapter list" option? It doesn't seem to do anythong for me as of now...

@gat1024
I checked on my phone (chrome browser) and tablet (samsung browser), both work fine.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna say the previous website's design was great, but whomever thought the new one needs to take some UX courses. For new users it's so counter-intuitive I had to recommend a different website to my friend instead.

Group Leader
Thank you so much, I love this reader, it's so great for a person like me that is so picky about manga readerssss, ?

I REALLY like the new layout. Everything is smooth and concise, and the options are great. But please....PLEASE, let me hold the keyboard directional button down and have the scroll speed go as quickly as it used to. It doesn't matter if the speed is "sanic" (funny by the way) if I have to repeatedly click the button. Let me just hold it down. PLEASE!

And no, I don't want to use the mouse.

I would love a way to exclude some tags from the main page, I have H on and mostly see yaoi.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Inori posted:

Is it "group chapter list" option? It doesn't seem to do anythong for me as of now....
It's that option yeah, and the chapters should be grouped like they are on the updates page. It doesn't revert the entire front page to the old one if that's what you thought.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Garlyle posted:

I REALLY like the new layout. Everything is smooth and concise, and the options are great. But please....PLEASE, let me hold the keyboard directional button down and have the scroll speed go as quickly as it used to. It doesn't matter if the speed is "sanic" (funny by the way) if I have to repeatedly click the button. Let me just hold it down. PLEASE!
It's a Webkit (Chrome etc.) bug that I accidentally forgot to fix, will be done sometime later. It works on Firefox as it should at least.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
Got it, thanks for your reply! I think I'll stick with the old design, but nevertheless, thank you for your hard work ^^

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Inori posted:

@Teasday
Got it, thanks for your reply! I think I'll stick with the old design, but nevertheless, thank you for your hard work ^^
Thank Holo, all I've really done is the new reader.

I use rather older tablet as my manga reading platform, iPad2 32-bit, and with this new layout I can no longer read anything because the pages wont load for some odd reason.

I tried using 2 different browser apps, Safari and Chrome, but the they both had the same problem: pages wont load.
I then did the usual stuff and cleared all my browsing data, history and cookies, but it hardly made any difference. The pages still wont load.
So now all I can think is that this new reader puts such an heavy load to the device that my old tablet simply cannot handle it.

About half a year ago I had to abandon my old manga site, because that place became infested with ads that made my unable to read anything and 32-bit ios doesn't have adblock available on it.
I was looking for a new site that my tablet can handle for quite some while until I was recommended to this site. It turned out that everything worked perfectly and I kinda became fond to this site, because the site ran so smoothly on my device.
But that changed when this new layout rolled in last night.

Is there a way for us to revert back to the old layout or are we stuck with this new one?
(Do I have to change my manga site yet again?)

MD@Home
I've had no issues with the reader on phone, but is there something we can do about the follows page? The minimalistic single line design was great to before. I could tell at a glance what I had and hadn't read. Now it just looks like an absolute mess, not only is it harder to read, I have to actually examine each line to see if I've read it because now they are other icons in line with the read icon.
At the very least, an option for a single line format for the follows would be greatly appreciated as it because much easier for to use.

Double-page supporter
@Jordick Legacy reader is still an option for an old iPad like mine, just go to your account settings and select "Reader: Legacy".

Kie

Contributor
Toying around with the new reader is fun, but will say that the follows page and the chapters list on the manga information page is definitely harder to read than before. The minimalist layout, combined with less padding in between lines/condensed rows and alternating colours for each line made it way easier to read. With manga/follows that only have a handful of chapters, it's okay, but for stuff with 10+ updates or chapters it starts getting a little much. (Showing 100 updates in the follows page is also a little too much, IMHO.) Even just the option of condensed/minimalist vs comfy/extra would be really nice, seeing as how it's taking way longer to know what I haven't read yet.

Contributor
Btw, would be good if you can add, not a priority, an option to remove this part from the main page, since these options are already well visible in the top of the page and they waste some space:

QrGKX6z.png

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread