MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked. Thanks for the help. At the very thought of re-adding everything, I felt sick.

Dex-chan lover
While I really like the new reader (previously I always use the browser zoom level to achieve height fitting), the alternating colors in both chapter and manga tables ready helped with fast visual scanning, telling apart text lines really takes longer than color bars (I guess we humans are that simple). Are adaptable tables really incompatible with alternating colors?

@ixlone I disabled all of that junk by going back to the legacy reader, be sure to let us know when you fix everything so we can try it again

Dex-chan lover
b-blazing fast
is it possible to re-add those [ h ] icon indicating hentai in the follow page?
nvm, the [ h ] icon would be hidden if the title is cut because it's too long.

previous follow page doesn't have this problem though. i think it's because the [ h ] icon have its own column, but i don't have access to that anymore, so i'm not sure.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Nobi We'll bring back alternating colours at some point. It's not as easy to implement as before.

Contributor
@holo
is this temporary due heavy user??
Sometimes 502 bad gateway and sometimes infinite loading or very slow response
c6qMY5b.jpg

@megative The preload option only works for up to 5 images, which means I have to switch back to the legacy reader or put more effort into preloading all images.

Please say there's a way to return to the old style of reader.

Whoops I didn't realize I was on page five.
You can use the old reader style, is called legacy in the settings. I do it too since i like the old one more.

Staff
Admin
@clonetek

It's not broken. It's a user setting. YOU need to set it how YOU want it to be - since everyone has different preferences.

For example: I like fit to width myself, with page turn by vertical scrolling disabled and long strip mode + 3 preloading pages.

Took me all of 5 seconds to set up and now the reader is working how I want it.

The new reader is awful and doesn't work on firefox. I got it to work on pale moon, but the layout is just a pain. It shouldn't automatically go to the next page when you scroll down and if that can be turned off, it should not be the default. Please go back to the old version.

RSS feeds are now broken. There probably aren't many people that use them for updates, but I did. :(

Staff
Admin
@Serpettra

I use Firefox. Can confirm it works 100%.

You can disable auto scroll to next page in the reader settings on right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread