MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The option 'Page turn by tapping/clicking' don't work for long strip using a touchscreen, at least not for me. The reason is that when you are reading a page and scroll a little abruptly go to the next page so that makes the reading insufferable. For that reason, I disabled but the next problem is when you finished reading the chapter there are not options to go to the next chapter, at least you go the top change the chapter. So, could you put an option? It can be a double tapping or a button like before.

Staff
Admin
@Irian

Preload limit is there to keep our servers alive and now that guests can use the long stripe mode we needed something to limit server hits.

So far I liked the old version more, maybe when I figure this version out I will like it.???

@remlei

What worked for me is changing it to 'fit to width' and then changing the pixel size of the container. That lets me customise the page size properly.

Contributor
I'll be your friend Black General! Also, the new list style makes it much harder to tell which chapters I haven't read in My Follows. Anyone found a way to adjust it?

Staff
Admin
@remlei

Fit to container is never gonna be good on wide screen, fit to width is best option.

You can disable the "page turn by vertical scrolling" to stop it going to next page though.

Group Leader
@ixlone
Understood: are there any plans to allow registered users to use loading of all chapter, or we should prepare for writing ''prescrollers''?

Dex-chan lover
Pages won't load for me for some reason? I'm on iPad. Maybe I'll just wait till everything gets optimized and stuff. Anyways thanks for the hard work!

Contributor
Thanks tirakai, your suggestion worked. Looks like the maximum container size setting applies to all the fit settings.

Contributor
Oh, this new design is bad on mobile, so much wasted space and unnecessarily big text/image.
Especially my Follows.
Horizontal scrolling was a much better alternative to this.
Please implement a way to roll back, like v2.mangadex.org

Miku best girl
Admin
@Irian

Use the legacy reader if you want all images to be preloaded for now.

Oh thank god, you all kept the legacy reader as an option. The new ready was acting buggy as hell for me (turning pages backwards at one point when it had previously worked fine?) and I honestly didn't like it much. If anyone else wants the old reader just go to your settings and select legacy.

I recently had a few different websites become "new and improved" and generally terrible. Thank you MangaDex for giving me options instead of just forcing things to be how THEY wanted instead of leaving it up to the individual user.

At least on EDGE scrolling with up and down arrows doesn't work if you select no resize and its also buggy on some other modes

Contributor
@1Pie4me, in case you want to try the new reader at some point, they added a new "feature" to clicking to scroll pages where clicking on the left side goes back (probably reversed if you reverse reading direction in settings). You can turn it off in the same place as the legacy reader setting is.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Shangelcry posted:

The option 'Page turn by tapping/clicking' don't work for long strip using a touchscreen, at least not for me. The reason is that when you are reading a page and scroll a little abruptly go to the next page so that makes the reading insufferable. For that reason, I disabled but the next problem is when you finished reading the chapter there are not options to go to the next chapter, at least you go the top change the chapter. So, could you put an option? It can be a double tapping or a button like before.
This sounds like your touchscreen is a bit bad, dropping the scroll for brief moments and making that register as a tap. You're right though that if you disable all page turning options (including swipe) then it's a bit of a pain trying to move to the next chapter from the bottom. I'll see if turning the "End of chapter" block into "Go to next chapter" or something would help. So far I hadn't done that because I felt like there were enough options to turn the page anyway.

@1Pie4me posted:

The new ready was acting buggy as hell for me (turning pages backwards at one point when it had previously worked fine?) and I honestly didn't like it much.
I'm guessing the "bug" you were experiencing was the directional page tap, where depending on which side of the image container you clicked, the page would turn to that direction. You can change that from the options to always move forward or disable tapping altogether.

@JaxunHero posted:

Pages won't load for me for some reason? I'm on iPad. Maybe I'll just wait till everything gets optimized and stuff. Anyways thanks for the hard work!
Some older browsers especially on older devices just won't run the reader correctly. You'll have to make do with the legacy reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread