MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
I like the new reader and settings, but I'm not a fan of one part of the homepage, the latest updates section.
Would it be possible to add a setting in order to change that area of the page back into a list view?
(found it, I just skipped over it because i wasn't looking for it)
with the tiles, i find it easier to miss an update and harder to quickly scan through than a list, the titles of some are also cut off.
With it being an option it would allow everyone who likes it to keep it the same.

@ixlone understood. seems like a lot of people are having issues with it tho. Once I found out I could set it to legacy, it started working exactly how I wanted it to. :)

The 'fit to container' setting is completely unreadable for me (on PC using chrome), the pages are too small to make out the text. Also the limited page loading is pretty annoying, kind of takes away the point of long strip a bit.

I guess I'll stick to the legacy one for now.

this update kinda sucks on desktop users, but heaven sent for tablet users or any user that have monitor in portrait orientation.

the image is shrieked incredibly on a wide screen monitor, its terrible. but the update works wonderfully on my ipad and windows 10 tablet.

Supporter
I'm not loving the way the follows page appears on mobile devices, I think sticking with a
Code:
<table>
and allowing left-right scrolling was better than stacking the contents of each row.

Railgun
Staff
Super Moderator
@Dakimakura Click on the "Latest updates" on the front page which brings you to https://mangadex.org/updates which has 24+ hours of latest chapters

Still no new manga page that shows all manga on the site sorted by date first added

Contributor
I'll configure the settings and see what works better for my vision. Thanks for your hard work, you guys!

@ixlone

That instead looks far too big on my screen for a lot of stuff, if I hide the side bar to get the pages more in the centre the page expands even more and I can't see even one panel in full without scrolling. I have to zoom out on the browser to read stuff.

There's always been some chapters where I need to zoom out a bit to see it properly but it's even more of an issue here.

Plus the limited page loading is still an issue there with that setting.

Staff
Admin
@tirakai

You can define the exact amount of pixels in the container you want it to fit. You can make it the exact size you want it to be, give that a go see if it works for you.

@ixlone

didnt work, tried the first two options, the third option is probably not that i want.

and I want to use the scroll wheel for scrolling the page not changing the page.

here's how it shows on my laptop

Untitled.png

edit: setting it to legacy mode fixes it, but the changes also applies on my tablet. ughhh... well the old interface works anyway so im happy with it.

Group Leader
I'm probably not writing anything original, but still:
I love new main page.
Follows are ok.
New reader is overall good, but preloading is one big DISASTER.
Really: we need ''PRELOAD: ALL'' as soon as possible - until then, i will be forced to use LEGACY.
But, not counting that one problem, i'm really satisfied by Mangadex v3.

@ixlone

That works, I had tried it with 'fit to container' and could only make pages go smaller rather than bigger but with 'fit to width' it's fine.

If there was a bit of space between pages on long strip (I can't tell when I'm on a new page right now) and I could pre-load the full chapter it'd be ideal, but for now legacy reader still seems like the best way for long strip.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Lucky RSS has been disabled as it was causing the site to crash. It'll return very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread