MangaDex v5 Dev Suggestions: The Real Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
@Plykiya posted:

Don't know what filtering would mean but we'll add the search option back

In the beginning on the top of the groups page there were country flag icons. If you clicked on the Spanish flag, then only Spanish groups were listed. I don't know why that function was deleted, but having to scroll through tons of groups from all over the world when you're trying to find that specific one from your country (when you don't remember it's name) is annoying. Or just checking if there are any new groups.

Is there a way to search for new scanlated manga by year? for example, I want to see all the scanlated manga of 2019.

Please add search result sorting by number of translated chapters. Lots of time I put very little search criteria in my search. So I end with thousands of search result. But a lot of the manga is filled with only short 10 chapters. I’ll like to pick a manga that have some meaningful length. Please allow search result to be sorted by number of chapters.

Maybe a comment liking or disliking button can be added so that useful comments float towards the top of the feed. Maybe replies can be shown under the op's comment so that it is easier to find and read them. Filters should be added to follows like how the search has filters.

Dex-chan lover
After thinking about it for a few days I got an idea. I'm not sure if it has been suggested already but here it is:
A separate spoiler tag for hiding images. It's not just once or twice that I've seen unwanted spoilers because I thought somebody was posting a large image behind a spoiler tag. And I can't even write angry messages at those people because they're properly following the rules!

Fan tags for the community to label each series minor themes that people either appreciate or dislike about the series itself (such as a homosexual character within a series and readers wanting a yuri or yaio tag). Primarily to help identify a series and compare it to the ratings to see what the community opinions is.

Also possibly listing the amount of unread chapters of a series on front page of the follows fead.

@Bastadon posted:

i'd like to have a function to hide manga not currently translated in the preferred language

Will be handled by the "Latest updates to respect language filter" in the planned megathread

This ...absolutely this...is the only thing I would like to change ....

Welcome when you search for non translated manga to do, but as a reader I would like the search to show me only translated manga
in my preferred language when I want to.

Don't forget about mikudex lmao XD
Btw i prefer you using tailwind css or bulma for making MD material like.

Suggestion:
[ul]
[li]a donate button for scanlators, or patron button.[/li]
[li] on all mangas, show a icon with the logo of publishing company of the manga. so it will be easy to know. if it is from a external online publisher too, like webtoon.[/li]
[li] lights off button [/li]

[/ul]

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but how about a ranking system within an MDlist? I have my favorites which I like to re-read, and yet cannot always remember the names. Letting me list my favorites, or at least a ranking, would go a long way to skip wasting time finding them.

Det

Integration with sites like MyAnimeList/Anilist to update progress would be nice.

Group Leader
Image scaling options similar to the extension FreeKiss
Basically, the ability to set a min-/max-width for pages and double pages (develop branch of that extension has logic for handling that without breaking webcomics), to be used either as it's own mode or as an option for the "no resize" mode.
All the extension does is add css tag to the image for min and max width based on the aspect ratio and it's relation to other images.

I would love some kind of indication that the translation of a series is completed. I know that in the main page, if the updated chapter is the last chapter it says "END", but in many other pages that don't display which chapter was the last updated (like if you search for series under a certain tag), it's a lot harder to tell if the series is completely translated. I think one nice way to do this would be to put a checkmark next to the title of the manga, or just simply displaying between the title and the rating ”Completed" or something.

I would also like to be able to search for series that are completely translated. I know that MangaDex has a "publication status" drop-down where you can search for mangas that were completely published in their country of origin, but not whether the translation is completed, which is sometimes annoying for me because I'm on MangaDex to read the translation of the series, not the raws.

The only thing I would like to see new add here would be an email alert when a new chapter is out for a manga your reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread