MangaDex v5 Dev Suggestions: The Real Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to add a search filter to remove all series that don't have any chapters in your chosen chapter language?

@AbyssalMonkey

They could have just group then manga length under tag system. I don’t need the site to tell me the diff between 115 chapters manga vs 120 ones, but it will certainly help a lot if I could tell the one with 10 chapters vs 100.

For example, just group them into 5 tags. Very short, short, regular, long, very long.
Very short = <10 chapters
Short = 11-40
Regular = 41-100
Long = 101-250
Very long = 251+

Every time the translator group, add/delete a chapter for the specific language. The system automatically applies the length tag on it, then the sorting will just take care itself via tag system. Disable this feature if reader is looking for more than 1 languages. The same way as how genre tag work.

How about an follow queue wherein you can just read all the unread English chapters from different series in your follows in one go.
I find myself going to follows> hitting the series page> checking if I missed a chapter before the one I saw in my follows> reading chapters> going to the homepage> hitting follows again and repeating for every series.
Seems like it could be streamlined, I’m guessing a lot of people do it the same way. Thx for the read.

@Validissimus an app is definitely not happening, seeing as that’s what took down mangarock.

As html support gets better on both the device and website end, we should see less issues.

I have just one ask: RSS updates for content not hosted on Mangadex. I respect that some content can't be hosted here - it's on the publisher's website or somewhere else, and I love that Mangadex directs to those sites as needed. My problem is most of those sites don't have RSS updates and I really like to use Mangadex as my one-stop-shop when checking for updates. I don't care where I have to go to read the actual content but man I'd love to keep coming here to find out what's new.

Have you guys considered stretching images to fit the container? kind of hate it when some chapters don't reach the full size of the display.

Aya

Group Leader
If you add any kind of ratings (of chapters, series, scan quality itself), please build it around having a setting to hide the feature from site completely.

Power Uploader
What about adding audio drama to the site? Quite a lot of time passed since the prototype was announced. Was this idea dropped or are you still working out the kinks?

what this site needs is a new title page. its been 2 years, when are we getting a way to know what new titles got into the site?

Power Uploader
@plykiya is there any plan for implementing user report? Something like reporting thread/post/chapter to choose the violation that user made. I think it necessary when we grow big like this

Power Uploader
Feature request
Upload with release timer
Or set release date and time
And brick back the checkbox to upload with delay or not for the group membrrs

Problem found: Rating bombers.

Multiple accounts who only hit +10 or +1 on manga, distorting ratings.
-problem is if someone's not willing to actually give honest ratings to what they read, or ONLY wish to give ratings to the bad/good, is giving the ratings system here Bad image.

Potential Solution?
Any account who's sole rating they give is 10 or 1 should be removed from displayed ratings as to give "more" accurate feel for the community's feeling for the manga in question.
or another rating value that takes in consideration of the bombers and 'accounts' for their spam.

@Plykiya I'd like to suggest a review system akin to what RoyalRoad does for their novel. TBH, current rating system is not trustworthy and does not say much about the manga. Let the community work it out through genuine review by the reader themselves, it is much easier to tell if the reviewer is actually honest or just trolling in giving rating. See image below to understand more about the review system.

G2UbovK.jpg

We're going to automatically add mangas to people's follows if they rated it and see how that goes.
If they rated it 1, wouldn't that just piss them off even more because the manga is added automatically despite them not liking it?

Dex-chan lover
Some people uploads troll and spoiler chapters under the /a/nonymous group. Since a lot of people uploads legit chapters in the same group I can't block it. When I block a person I would also like to hid all the chapter he uploads, like when I block a group

Aggregator gang
@jalil29
You already can, go to any chapter and click on the cog symbol, then you can choose to resize the image to fit the container.

@neorasp
You can already see new series uploaded to the dex for the first time, just scroll down to the bottom of the main page.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@kenkikishi There has been some interest in adding a review system like you suggest for quite a while. One thing we know however is that the review scores can't replace the scores we have now, since the activity would absolutely tank to the bottom, especially for stuff like H manga. Supplementing though, maybe.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Ashi posted:

What about adding audio drama to the site? Quite a lot of time passed since the prototype was announced. Was this idea dropped or are you still working out the kinks?
Has not really been worked on, busy with other stuff as you can probably imagine.

We haven't dropped the idea though.

I'm not sure if you guys are doing artist pages too, but if you're not it would be cool to be able to have a search for the exact name of the artist. It's happened to me a couple times when the artist only has one name and a bunch of people come up in the search. I'm sorry if this feature already exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread