Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai - Vol. 4 Ch. 21.3

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

Well that unblockable attack is completely cheating. I mean, about all of the people in the world can use mana, even warriors or the most barbarian people. I am sure 100% of party who fights that boss without schwarz would completely wiped out, since its close to impossible a normal manuke in that world is as strong as him.

And chill, at least nobody died yet right?

Anyone ever notice the Pay to Win players in video game isekais? They're big spenders irl, but the moment they get isekai, they become the biggest misers and scrooges.

I don't want to fill in the author's plot holes, but it feels like authors don't know how stigmatized P2W players are with normal players. Now that mentality of hiding your cheats would transfer with the MC, but none of that is ever mentioned in terms of character building.

@kenkagejack Interestingly enough,
effectively being a cheater by that world standards is something he really stresses over in the WN, to a possibly irrational degree IMO. It takes a specific event before he starts to get over it. But neither the harpy fight nor this battle happen there. In the WN, he's not even present for the girls stomping the Gatekeeper.

As for why he doesn't do something more significant earlier, first off I'd like to say I share those concerns. This would seem to be a perfect situation for a Ma Deuce to my mind. But, if the writer wants to have it be that he doesn't just roll in and end things with overworldly firepower (spoilsport), then it comes down to providing a justification for that in the story, and there's a good enough attempt I think. It's been established that the girls' team is used to working together and has members who have successfully done fights of this scale before. Also, gunshots impede one of them. So, from their perspective, he's an outlier who doesn't really work with them in a party sense particularly well, he doesn't synergise with them. So it's a choice between him or them taking the lead, and they have no reason to think he could do so even if he wanted to suggest he could - which he has no desire nor reason to want to do. They all have every reason to think the girls can handle this fight without him. And they already found out they can't use healing magic on him, meaning they don't want to put him in danger.

The writing could have perhaps made it more overt, but I think it's good enough. My primary complaint is why he hasn't already thought of countermeasures for when a situation like with Big Bird happens again. Pulling out an upgrade for 7.62 is still reasonably small scale, I'd have been prepping some sort of .50 for sudden Oh Shit moments. And possibly an AT4 or a SMAW for quick, direct, son of a bitch countermeasure use.

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh thats some scientific shit there
I kinda knew tungsten has high heating point
Never thought it could be used as an armor piercing round
*miche crying hurts me internally too lol

Contributor
Seriously, if he sucks at close range combat and he is a marksman, the weapon of choice for a boss fight is either:

1. LMG, like a russian RPK firing a 7.62 cartridge or better.

2. Anti Material sniper rifle firing .408 or .50 BMG with armor piercing incendiary. Very expensive to shoot, but when you got a boss battle coming up the armor penetration pays off.

Dex-chan lover
I don't feel a bullet of this caliber should do that much damage on such a big boss who could no sell the clearly superhuman attacks of the girls.

Fed-Kun's army
As a gamer I kinda understand why he acted like this, when enter an unknown zone you may want avoid using your high tier consumables/spell until you establish a secured supply line. Who knows how wide this area is, how many hostile enemy you have to fight, ... the last thing you want is fighting a boss with just basic spell and no comsumable.
*on the side note: if anything happen to my Nya nya, i will fucking kill myself then everyone in my room

Fed-Kun's army
Next boss fight, MC uses rpg and kills boss in 1 page. Somehow the readers will still complain.

Users who are viewing this thread