Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai

Supporter
Even disregarding the fact that almost all modern weapons can score long distance shots (with skill) consistently, the p90 isn't a horrible choice. Sure MC might be better off with a SCAR or whatever, but we're not exactly told the cost / damage ratio of the ammo, let alone the cost to buy the gun in the first place.

So it's a good all rounder, good for close quarters, good for mid ranges, can work at long ranges. Keep in mind that MC likely can outrange just about anything the world can throw at them. Let alone the battle suit enhancing everything.

About the P90, it is not a bad choice at the moment since he will stay underground for the exam ( I don't think MC knew and was just lucky) and perhaps even as an explorer the P90 could be a better choice than a rifle. A rifle is usually larger and heavier than an SMG and the P90 is even a little smaller and therefore handier than the MP5. Also in close range a rifle cartridge can overpenentrate the target meaning the bullet goes through the flesh but the wound closes behind it. Basically the wound is not severe enough to stop the target from fightening.

Also the P90 has a bigger magazin which is also a huge advantage over the MP5. It has a higher rate of fire but if the MC knows some trigger control it should be not that big of an issue. Full auto should only used when needed, short bursts are more effective not only to conserve ammo but also to stay on target.

Double-page supporter
Comments about gun knowledge of mangaka reminded me of this.
https://i.imgur.com/wx5CSA9.png

Dex-chan lover
@hottycat Yet the 5.7mm cartridge performs more like a rifle caliber cartridge and was designed with high velocity and pen in mind compared to 9mm. Also in your talk about overpen you forget cavitation / hydro-shock / fragmentation that intermediate caliber rifle cartridges cause and that overpen is only a problem in urban collateral damage settings.

The main problem here is that the author thinks in Gungame / FPS weapon and ammo costs where SMGs are cheap while Assault and Battle Rifles are expensive.

Group Leader
The P90 is a reasonable choice for labyrinth-diving. It's compact so it can be handled easily in tight spaces and the round is effective against many kinds of armoured opponents that a pistol-round carbine like the MP5 might have problems with. The silencer absorbs muzzle flash, a problem in badly-lit areas as well as reducing the noise, also a problem in confined spaces with hard-surfaced walls. It's not a long-range battle rifle but they're not in the open, it's a fun-house combat scenario with all targets engaged at distances of a few metres at most. A short-barrelled carbine in 5.56mm might also work but the ammo is perhaps overkill compared to the rather anemic 5.7x28 of the P90 and FiveSeven pistol. Bonus cred points from another gun-oriented manga -- the P90 was Henrietta's signature weapon in Gunslinger Girl.

One problem our Hero (and the LN makes it clear he is a he) has is that he's normally part of a FPS team, that's how he got to be good at what he does. In this world he can't be a member of a party since he's manuke (magicless) so he's making it up as he goes along. His mistakes cost the lives of a bunch of people (the harpy subjugation quest) and he knows it hence his reluctance to join up with anyone else.

Group Leader
@Straborvsky
But at least they're called energy swords, laser blades, or beam sabers. And I can't say lightsaber because that's copyrighted

Dex-chan lover
@Nojay MAIN POINT OF SELLING BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS EXTREME PRICE OF WEAPON AND CARTRIDGE.

BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY.

FOR MAN WITHOUT EXPENSIVE SUIT, BIG BLACK MERCEDES, AND MASSIVE YACHT, BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH LIKE BLACK GANGSTER OF AMERICAN CITY WITH GOLD CHAINS OF LOW QUALITY AND JEWELS OF COLORED GLASS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT MAN WITH BULLET VEST WITH CARTRIDGE ILLEGAL TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN PRETEND PISTOL SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE.

FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS 9 MILLIMETERS OF LUGER WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.

Double-page supporter
Train to zone!

Ah, memories of EQ. Been a long time since I've seen a MMO with mechanics like that; most modern ones leash pretty heavily.

Aggregator gang
Am I the only one that thinks Ashley is not from the good guys team? It's just...I get that feeling for some reason...also if MC stunned those goblins with only a flash bang grenade wouldn't it be even easier to get all those monsters with a normal explosive grenade? Or if there are plasma ones then even better...

Double-page supporter
The guns look better than the characters, it's like their objects from a higher dimension trying to exist on a lower one.

y'all keep bitching about this series yet here you are still reading it everyday

Double-page supporter
@MDGeist I live to bitch, and of course, I'm a hypocrite for doing it, but we all are one way or another.

the gun,walls,everything looks better than the faces xD

but im here for the history, i want to know how he does shit with high level monsters xD

Dex-chan lover
>uses a gun
>jumps into horde of enemies to fight at melee range
I will shit talk this series as long as it exists and I'll still read it at the end of the day.
At least its better than the eldritch body horror known as Gun-Ota.

Double-page supporter
@AbuHajaar I still don't understand what could possess a publisher to hire an "artist" like that.

Users who are viewing this thread