Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 66.2

Dex-chan lover
Seems a bit unfair when the MC has had a few forgettable fights get drawn out across multiple chapters.
I absolutely agree with that. This wouldn't be too drawn out with one more chapter, while especially the last tournament battle could've gotten trimmed a fair bit. Generally tournament arcs are so drawn out they become tedious, and much too often they even fail to utilise the interactions between the characters in the matches in any interesting way.

Dex-chan lover
aw they cut out the daggers he gave her, those were nasty af. If I remember right they were mithril throwing daggers, or at least a equivalently rare matt. And the psychopath made them be one time use disposable because he packed them with more magic then they could endure, they had a aoe of a mind effecting spell so potent they kill.
I do believe that is something that he brings out personally to TEST right after this, probably next chapter even. I dont recall him giving Nell the mindfuck daggers by this point if ever.

Dex-chan lover
Big brother when they pick up their little sister from school, always precisely late!

Dex-chan lover
For a second there, I thought she was dying and just seeing what she wanted to see -- Yuki coming to save her -- but I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case. I miss Lefi and hope we get back to her soon, but Nell deserves some happiness too.

Dex-chan lover
Called it but he's fashionably late. and he's right on time to make the most impression by saving her at her weakest.

Dex-chan lover
Remember when this was a manga about the demon lord guy building a dungeon and a cute dragon girl? I member
Yeah and it will never ever return. It will continue to go full harem (which is in the tag) and battle stuff. For me it's pretty simple, it's not a great story but meh it's entertaining enough. That and at least he's not the standard impotent japanese mc...atleast
definitely not after he knocks up Lefi and start having nightly fun with his other 2 wifes...which does take a pretty long time...think in WN it was around chapter 410+ think the current part of story is near chapter 120ish..Not sure how much the author is usinf for the LN where the manga is based on

Dex-chan lover
I do believe that is something that he brings out personally to TEST right after this, probably next chapter even. I dont recall him giving Nell the mindfuck daggers by this point if ever.
Yeah that is probably right, the thing I remember most was her reaction to them, the absurdity of both what they do and using such rare materials as disposable. I know he gave her some gear, and I could swear a knife or blade, but they were basically a lower tier version of the knives, less strong spell and more common materials. Its hard to remember what gear he has given her and at what point as he always stocks her randomly with whatever odds and ends his tinkering resulted in. Mostly because Lefi puts her foot down on his hoarding habits and makes him clear out his spatial storage, which when you have a artificial log with enchantments on it because you thought it would be a funny weapon all the way to magical girl staffs, and masks that double as knives. Yeah he really needs to get rid of a lot of things, and a lot just needs to be melted down as they would not be ok to just throw out into the world. Like that kitchen knife... He goes way to far.

Dex-chan lover
Happy endings are cheap.
I like them. Happy. Endings.
Cheap, yeah, but I like them.
Seconded. I read so much grim dark these over the years I kinda prefer happy ends. Which is why I utterly despise manga's or Anime's that get a sequel and then do a Happy ending override, pretty much invalidating all the effort the hero's went through in in the first one to get it.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that is probably right, the thing I remember most was her reaction to them, the absurdity of both what they do and using such rare materials as disposable. I know he gave her some gear, and I could swear a knife or blade, but they were basically a lower tier version of the knives, less strong spell and more common materials. Its hard to remember what gear he has given her and at what point as he always stocks her randomly with whatever odds and ends his tinkering resulted in. Mostly because Lefi puts her foot down on his hoarding habits and makes him clear out his spatial storage, which when you have a artificial log with enchantments on it because you thought it would be a funny weapon all the way to magical girl staffs, and masks that double as knives. Yeah he really needs to get rid of a lot of things, and a lot just needs to be melted down as they would not be ok to just throw out into the world. Like that kitchen knife... He goes way to far.

he gave her a Dagger as present after the "Shank the shitty Prince" arc where he rescued the King. If I remember she actually used it here in the LN as she seriously trained hard to get her Dagger skill up.

Group Leader
Wait... didn't this arc started with Nell looking like a corpse alone laying on the ground? Or am I getting too old?

Dex-chan lover
This portion has much better detail in the LN. In case anyone is interested it’s Volume 5, Chapter 3. Just keep in mind that the full LN chapter will give you more story than the current comicalization.

I’m mentioning this because IMO the artist should have (or perhaps will in the following chapters) delve into Nell’s state of mind as it will connect better to what she decides to do later.
Bruh I read the chapter but I didn't expect it to go the SAO route lmfao

Dex-chan lover
This chapter got handled so badly I dont even feel anything on the supposedly hero landing. But well its a relief to know that nell is alive :meguuusad:

not to ruffle any feathers, but does anyone else find it disappointing that as a scanlation group, LHTranslations nearly always adds 5 pages of self promotion to the manga they make scanlations of? While I get that they want to get help for their group, whether by donations or actually getting "manpower" to make it easier on them..... that is genuinely excessive. Especially when they do chapters in PARTS! Even more so when the individual parts are on average less than 15 pages per part at MOST.

TD;DR: WHILE YES, HELP IS ALWAYS NICE, THERE IS ZERO NEED TO ASK FOR IT WITH A F***ING MEGAPHONE.

Users who are viewing this thread