Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.1

Dex-chan lover
So, apparently, if I ever get isekai'd, the one absolutely necessary piece of knowledge from this life to be used in the next world is the use of 'head pats'.

Aggregator gang
@kronix
Oh, right, the whole "The movie doesn't match the book" thing.

Have to admit, I'm doing a lot of reading the novels myself at this time, but that started because the translations were further along, so I could get further into the story.

That said, it sure doesn't look like the manga is heading that way. And, if the novel did, in order to give the manga the feel that it has they'd really have to alter it big time.

Fed-Kun's army
Am I the only one that gets so pissed when reading dragonloli dialogs?
wtf is knoweth??!!

Dex-chan lover
@Yamibi i guess in the original japanese text she speaks in an archaic tone. and "knoweth" is a perfectly correct archaic english word that meant, to no surprise, "know". that being said, "I knoweth, I knoweth" doesn't sound right to me

Fed-Kun's army
exactly master @Wolvenworks . It's like you take random archaic english words and put them randomly in the dialog when it makes a little sense. It would be better if they just put - degozaru at the end of her sentences.

Dex-chan lover
@Yamibi i favor a more readable mix. like, put in the archaic english where it SHOULD make sense, not like this where it is liberally sprinkled around like salt and pepper

Aggregator gang
@Clad95150 The fact that you think that its necessary to consider whether its right or wrong to kill monsters that would definitely try to kill him on sight baffles me as well. Those kind of characters in novels and manga are usually wimps that let their companions get hurt/killed.

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul : I don't say "you should not kill in any circumstances". If you are in danger or if you need to survive it's okay to kill.
But searching actively to kill other beings when it's not necessary is kind of psychopathic.
And when the MC want to create a dungeon with traps and on the border of the forest to lure people in it's the later case.

Double-page supporter
I found the inclusion of the words to be off putting at first since there's really no super common equivalent used for characters in English language media, but now I just find it to be funny and have started enjoying it.

Aggregator gang
@Clad95150 Err, nowhere does it mention that "MC want to create a dungeon with traps and on the border of the forest to lure people". He is intending to expand dungeon area as any 'trespassers' (beings not under his control) inside the dungeon area provides him with DP. It literally says so in the manga that he thinks he doesn't need to spend on traps because Lefi is protecting him which is important as he will die if the dungeon core is broken. And in case you are referring to the last part where he kills a monster, it states that he is expanding the dungeon and filling his map.

Dex-chan lover
@Clad95150
He only hunts monsters, and humans that threaten his way of life. He’s only proactive on the monster hunter part though, since they’re dangerous to other living beings, and are literally converted into DP, which turns into food for Lefi and himself.

By spreading his territory beyond the cave and into the forest, he gains DP for things there, and can modify it to protect himself, making it difficult for enemies to come near, like tower defense games. Probably the most important part is that making the forest part of his dungeon let’s him be alerted when dangerous or large amounts of individuals enter.

In no way does he bait people into entering. They enter out of their own blind greed or ambition. Or in the loli’s case, desperation.

The TL is having her speak in roughly "medieval" English with all the thee's and thine's. I get that they are trying to convey that she speaks in "royal tone" aka "No Ja" Loli, but yeah it's a bit overdone. I would say just go with a refined but more normal tone.

Dex-chan lover
MORE SKILLS ARE NEEDED!!!!
And you're just killing DP.. like hell is it that easy to get?? and you should really concentrate on your physique....
New loli sister added to the harem.... I guess.........

Fed-Kun's army
This supreme (loli) dragon has no dignity.
But she's so cute. :3

4246159_20181210110018.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Zero willpower if he can't use fire magic anymore after that one case. Nothing even happened. He didn't accidentally burn down his lair or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread