Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Thanks for the proper translation !

Now I won't "go b'rs'rk at any timeth"

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation! The way Lefi speaks in LH's translations is really annoying to read and doesn't really add anything to the story. I hate it when translators go overboard with Old English pronouns and spellings, especially when they misuse them.

Dex-chan lover
@GalladeGuy having grown up on the Ye Olde King James Bible, it's not hard to read her lines and making it archaic is a nice touch, but the way they randomly apply "-th" to every word is... Yeah.

This is a huge improvement. The other translation always feels like stilted unnatural gibberish, like an improv show trying to lampoon ye olde english.

Aggregator gang
Hey, wow, a translation that actually makes sense! Thank you so much. Hope you'll keep on doing this.

I don’t know the poor typesetting was almost as annoying to read as the old english. If your trying to make a “better” version of something someone already did by dropping the quality in some areas just to fix an issue in another area seems like a net neutral to me.

Holy moly Batman, this was amazing!!! Thank you cardboardtl, as always your translations are EXTREMELY on point!!!! Thank you so much!!

Fed-Kun's army
Feel sorry for the guy who spent hours writing Lefi's line, and trying his best to be authentic (although failing) must be a slap in the face

Dex-chan lover
after all the comments I've read, I never saw a fan of y'e o'l'de e'n'glishet'h.
if LHT reads comments maybe they'll give up their stubbornness on this issue

Here comes Cardboard to make the MC sound like a 90's wigger

Though Lefi's ye olde speak really is terrible.

Group Leader
@ClairvoyantNara While i do agree that the typeset is a bit distracting, teh' ol' e'ngli'sh''' is borderline unreadable, so it is definitely a big improvement.

>make lefi's line readable
>goes to use mc's line from the WN tl
Great, now you've butchered MC's personality instead.

What bothered me most about the "pseudo-Old English" was the improper use of pronouns. With one exception, the only pronoun Lefi used was Thee. One time she used thy. Never Thou and, heaven forbid, she wouldst thinketh not to use Thouest. 😉 Doth when Doeth was the proper term based on the context of the text. (Doth is OE for do, Doeth is OE for does)

A couple decades ago, I wrote a parody of the Bible, and had to determine where an Old English term or word would work better than modern English. I never got any complaints about how I mixed up Old English and Modern US English, as it was a comedy and helped with the setup of the gag.

The Old English was difficult for me to translate into something as understandable as it was used. I'm used to "translating" the odd "engrish" terms into English because my writing style is closed to an oral rendition rather than proper English. this translation was not only more easily read, but understood.

Users who are viewing this thread