Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Ch. 62

Dex-chan lover
Uhhh maybe i'm crazy but I always saw her having real chemistry with the guy lying half dead beside her... Time and time again... And Zagan is the one she fell in love with??? Come on Author why the fuck can't you just have her fall in love with the MAN WHO SAVED HER LIFE 5 MINUTES PRIOR! COME ON

I know eventually they will hook up, but this heartbreak is meaningless drama for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
As kind and affable Raphael seems here and in the novels, I will still place my bets that he will turn out to be a sleeper agent for the other side in the end, after been reading the novels up to the latest translated volumes and seen all the shifting allegiances. Author has a tendency to do a 180 suddenly on characters...

Fed-Kun's army
Uhhh maybe i'm crazy but I always saw her having real chemistry with the guy lying half dead beside her... Time and time again... And Zagan is the one she fell in love with??? Come on Author why the fuck can't you just have her fall in love with the MAN WHO SAVED HER LIFE 5 MINUTES PRIOR! COME ON!

Part of the reason Chastille and Barbatos' relationship has been in limbo might be because she had about the worst possible first impression of him that it's possible to have. I know it's been a while for us readers, but try to remember Barby was the villain of the first arc. He tried to murder Nephy, Chastille, and Zagan and only failed because our protagonist is ridiculously OP.

I know Barbatos has been rendered pretty harmless since then, but he's definitely made a much smaller impression on Chastille when you compare his contributions to Zagan's overt heroism. But you make an excellent point that more recent events in both this manga and the spinoff have begun to slowly rehabilitate Chastille's opinion of her surly bodyguard.

I, for my part, appreciate that we have one relationship that was essentially love at first sight (at least on Zagan's part) while there's another that is, to use the popular buzzwords, a slow burn enemies-to-work-proximity-associates-to-lovers arrangement.

Dex-chan lover
Raphael is the grandpa and the butler.
gremory is both lesbian Aunt and rebellious Daughter at the same time
Kuu isnt a family member since shes a disguise for Bifrons.
I, for my part, appreciate that we have one relationship that was essentially love at first sight (at least on Zagan's part) while there's another that is, to use the popular buzzwords, a slow burn enemies-to-work-proximity-associates-to-lovers arrangement.
I would argue that Nephy was love at first sight as well, but she moreso had so many hangups because her life was that fucked up. its obvious, especially in the anime, though that nephy didnt allow herself to feel anything besides guilt before Zagan blows up nephy's bedroom. upto that point all Nephy saw was her justified death and his overreaction that made her finally see that he cares for her. it still takes him teaching her mana-based magic and liberating her fully for her to develop a (still broken) sense of self worth, but the idiot lovebirds are very quick in figuring out their feelings and physically incapable of expressing them properly.

Dex-chan lover
What a twist!

Author needs to put a stop to this "zagan x chastel" spinoff heresy and stick with the main plot. For that matter, why are they still wasting time with this side story? The Barbaros x Chastel manga is the vastly superior canon.
This literally marked the end of "zagan x chastel", so really the wrong chapter to get hung up on it :boomer:

Dex-chan lover
It is emergency first aid for someone who's really hard to kill.

Such a tsundere.

This is why Chastel is best girl.

Of course it doesn't feel bad. Now that she's gotten to that point, she can move on to the actual love interest. The one she's already with in the spinoff.

Dex-chan lover
Part of the reason Chastille and Barbatos' relationship has been in limbo might be because she had about the worst possible first impression of him that it's possible to have. I know it's been a while for us readers, but try to remember Barby was the villain of the first arc. He tried to murder Nephy, Chastille, and Zagan and only failed because our protagonist is ridiculously OP.

I know Barbatos has been rendered pretty harmless since then, but he's definitely made a much smaller impression on Chastille when you compare his contributions to Zagan's overt heroism. But you make an excellent point that more recent events in both this manga and the spinoff have begun to slowly rehabilitate Chastille's opinion of her surly bodyguard.

But... Zagan was also the Villian to her in the first arc before she changed her mind on the church... I just don't understand why we are even doing this at all. Why have her retroactively realize she was in love? Then retroactively realize it's heartbreak literally years after those chapters came out? Chastille is lying right there, and I wish the author would resist the temptation to have everyone fall in love with the MC. It's been so long and we are so far removed from that initial arc, it just seems so crazy to even try have this be a story line at all.

It's like the editors came in and said "You forgot to make this a Harem, please have every woman Zagan has ever interacted with be in love him". No one is safe once it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread