Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
yeah, actually. So there were three royal lines decended from Zagan's sister, the cats, the succubi, and the sirens. The siren girl that was performing on the boat is a siren princess and is part of the threesome.
She's in love with the succubus princess, who's pretty much a copy of Zagan's sister. She doesn't fully understand it till she goes to Zagan for advice, and she realizes that her feelings for her are both romantic and sexual attraction (she makes it pretty clear that sexually, she prefers women).
The guy is a former archdemon who was originally in love with Zagan's mom but was rejected. He's been trying to reach where she's sealed but things go wrong and he loses his status, memories and reverts back to a teenager. His experiences after leads him to fall for the succubus princess.
The succubus princess, being part of the crybaby brigade with Chastile, is flustered and teary-eyed over this and doesn't really know who to choose (she could go for either).
Initially, the siren princess kinda resents the former archdemon but doesn't know how to process it since she's generally the nice and goofy one. However, over time, they start to get close too. As of now, there is atleast a healthy mutual respect. So it hasn't fully grown into a threesome yet.
Wait, sister? Descended? Isn't Zagan in his 20s or so?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, sister? Descended? Isn't Zagan in his 20s or so?
sooooo basically, (big spoilers, by the way)
like, 1000 years ago or something, there was a demon god and this demon god was worshiped by the seraphs. The seraphs were actually the high elves, as high elves like Nephy grow angel wings as they get stronger with their power increasing greatly for each wing. They enslaved everyone and even made new races to serve them, such as one with red eyes and hair like Chastile(it hasn't been explicitly stated that she's descended though). They were apposed by a coalition of every race/people that was led by a lineage called the silver-eyed kings who were unusually intelligent and powerful.
1st generation silver-eyed king: Zagan's grandfather
2nd generation silver-eyed king: Zagan's father, Lucia
3rd generation silver-eyed king: Zagan
4th generation silver-eyed king: Kuroka (after she regains her sight, her eyes will start to transform sometimes)
(various shenanigans will make 3 generations active in present time)
They fought and beat the seraphs, sealing the 12 strongest into swords (they are still conscious) and part of the demon god into a 13th sword. However, actually killing the demon god didn't seem to be possible then so they sealed it...actually more like they sealed all of humanity into a small section of the world to hide away while the demon god took the rest. Zagan's mother's real body is being used to support the seal and Zagan probably was too but the seal is weakening and child Zagan awoke in an ally with no memories of all this

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
it about time for barbatos to shine, as a sorcerer Barbatos is pretty good one himself
the power balance just broke if you count Zagan in
Its kinda stated in the novel that Barbatos is kinda on the same level as Zagan, the difference is that he is lazy as hell. I think the novel stated that the reason he isnt an archdemon is simply because there’s no vacant position and because he is too lazy & annoying to be someone who held a high position. He only become more powerful & less lazy after he fall in love with Chastille.
He and Zagan fought each other again sometimes in the Novel with Barbatos fueled by the power of love this time and he managed to bring archdemon Zagan to his limit

I see no reason to believe the Zagan will ever have eyes for anyone but Nephy nor any reason to believe that Chastille isn't just working through what she knows to be a one-sided crush that grew out of gratitude for him saving her life--not entirely dissimilarly to how Barbados just did just now.
Zagan and Nephelia literally exist for each other (*T^T). Chastille feeling's is definitely just fleeting moment since she's still a typical young maiden without her sword and armor. Faint crush is usual for young girls that age after being saved after all. Zagan just accidently saved her and for Nephy's sake too at that. Meanwhile, Zagan saved Nephy because he love Nephy entirely.

I haven't read any of the her+Barbatos spinoff, but I really hope her feelings for Zagan are just her not realizing she thinks of Barbatos as a love target, and is basically superimposing him on top of Zagan, since it's easier to imagine Zagan in love (since he is).

We need no harem here.
I'm sure she already have a bit kind of liking for Barbatos since they have gotten along a bit well in latest and current chapters. It's just, maybe it not crossed her mind of him like that yet considering barbatos usual behaviour. Plus, it look like here she has a dense personality, since she doesn't know her own feelings.

I feel like her and Barbados have been shipped since early on, like she also like MC but they don't feel as equals in the same way her Barbados rapport have going. It also feels more on a Big brother level or out of respect/admiration then romantic affection. I wouldn't mind have her joining Nefi with MC but they are so cute as a duo I don't think MC could even handle it. Also his head is empty aside from Nefi.
Honestly,
It baffled me there's still others would even think there will be anyone ever get in ZagaNephy way. Do Zagan's love for Nephy seems like a joke in all chapters? He literally display his power and affection for Nephy in the same level or more than that, literally infront of anyone. He even thinking to destroy Bifrons and another Archdemon for getting in his way to spend date with Nephy. If it was someone he knew, making them disappear may be in his thoughts, but maybe he will go as far as to cut ties with them, as to not make Nephy sad.

And another, the female characters are not that braindead in this world like other mangas🙄. Well, some of them may be dumb a bit in certain way or things, but not that kind that dumb.

I apologise for the rant.

That the consequences of your unawareness and clumsiness girl (T^T). No wonder, Barbatos said she will die if left alone ( ´-`)

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly,
It baffled me there's still others would even think there will be anyone ever get in ZagaNephy way. Do Zagan's love for Nephy seems like a joke in all chapters? He literally display his power and affection for Nephy in the same level or more than that, literally infront of anyone. He even thinking to destroy Bifrons and another Archdemon for getting in his way to spend date with Nephy. If it was someone he knew, making them disappear may be in his thoughts, but maybe he will go as far as to cut ties with them, as to not make Nephy sad.
I honestly had been betrayed by a story multiple times, where you trust something will go in one direction but somehow i went the other way, where the other way doesn't make any sense. But what can you do, since an author is still human too, and they could still make bad decisions. The harder you trust them, the harder the betrayal felt, so i just become extremely careful about this type of thing.
Also, Devil's part timer ending is bullshit.

I honestly had been betrayed by a story multiple times, where you trust something will go in one direction but somehow i went the other way, where the other way doesn't make any sense. But what can you do, since an author is still human too, and they could still make bad decisions. The harder you trust them, the harder the betrayal felt, so i just become extremely careful about this type of thing.
Also, Devil's part timer ending is bullshit.
Sorry for that ( ´Α`)
I'm just mad for people who hoping this manga turn into not-so-wholesome and crap genre storyline. That's the rant for.

This one is clear and wholesome. Reread LN up to 16. As of now, 18 Vol will release in recent days. The artists for this manga also post the couple art since last few years in X and pixiv. The author for LN put ZagaNephy and BarChas photo in cabinet glass of his office(maybe?), it get me excited seeing it.
Do visit their account if you don't mind the spoilers😅.

Actually, there's official art of these pair of couple in manga volume extra. I desperately want it so bad, but I'm not in Japan.

That anime/manga, I planned to read it last year, already get the gist of story, but then got to know the ending. I was in a luck for doing research first.

Dex-chan lover
... Does assassin tend to go around with weapons that make tons of noise? Looking at those ring at the end of the knife.

Makes slightly less sense than reverse-gripped bladed weapons as SOP for slashing attacks, but that doesn't stop the vast majority of creators at all. This author probably wanted to highlight the fact that this weapon is normally disguised a shakujo, which itself is probably meant to impart some image of piety upon the wielder.

Funny, that--given what everyone in this thread has already said about this would-be murderer and the trial by fire he attempted to force Chastille to stand.

Chastille, don't listen to that idiot dark elf--love is in your shadow.

I really hate that selfish logic Nephtheros employed: "You have a crush on a guy already in love with another girl, who's mutually happy with him--but you should be happy too! So stop doing the wise thing by letting them be, and be a homewrecker!!" It's been used so many times over the years to ensure beautiful female leads (i.e., those that don't pander to one paraphilic fetish or another, who look more like Nephie than such alternatives) either can't see her romance develop in straightforward peace or simply can't at all, due to interference that thwarts their relationship. It's never selfish, either, coming from certain kinds of female characters--such as those I parenthetically implied above.

Whenever Nephtheros falls in love herself, then she'll understand the folly of that reasoning. One would hope, anyway.

Last edited:

Chastille, don't listen to that idiot dark elf--love is in your shadow.

I really hate that selfish logic Nephtheros employed: "You have a crush on a guy already in love with another girl, who's happy with her--but you should be happy too! So stop doing the wise thing by letting them be, and be a homewrecker!!" It's been used so many times over the years to ensure beautiful female leads (i.e., those that don't pander to one paraphilic fetish or another, who look more like Nephie than such alternatives) either can't see her romance develop in straightforward peace or simply can't at all, due to interference that thwarts their relationship. It's never selfish, either, coming from certain kinds of female characters--such as those I parenthetically implied above.

Whenever Nephtheros falls in love herself, then she'll understand the folly of that reasoning. One would hope, anyway.
Maybe Nephteros don't mean in that way. Maybe she meant in a way that Chastille too need to think about her share of happiness, but happiness for her own in other way.

Actually, I kinda pissed off too at her for saying things like that. But maybe she doesn't have any other way to say it since she's not that knowledgeable or understand certain things yet?
Still I'm pissed at her words (~_~

It's a real good thing, characters in this world have brain and sensibilities. Maybe because it's pure love theme manga too and I'm grateful for author writing this story.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Nephteros don't mean in that way. Maybe she meant in a way that Chastille too need to think about her share of happiness, but happiness for her own in other way.

Actually, I kinda pissed off too at her for saying things like that. But maybe she doesn't have any other way to say it since she's not that knowledgeable or understand certain things yet?
Still I'm pissed at her words (~_~

It's a real good thing, characters in this world have brain and sensibilities. Maybe because it's pure love theme manga too and I'm grateful for author writing this story.

Yeah--Nephtheros is self-admittedly ignorant when it comes to love and matters thereof. She very likely, based on that fact, doesn't know that pursuit of monogamous love is a zero-sum game if more than two people are involved: if one person wins and catches what's pursued, the other will definitely lose.

Not properly knowing what love is herself, she also doesn't know what it means to have someone else come and try to take the object of that love--but she does understand friendship and happiness, and she wants her friend (well, Chastille's probably getting there, where Nephtheros is concerned) to be happy.

Yeah--Nephtheros is self-admittedly ignorant when it comes to love and matters thereof. She very likely, based on that fact, doesn't know that pursuit of monogamous love is a zero-sum game if more than two people are involved: if one person wins and catches what's pursued, the other will definitely lose.

Not properly knowing what love is herself, she also doesn't know what it means to have someone else come and try to take the object of that love--but she does understand friendship and happiness, and she wants her friend (well, Chastille's probably getting there, where Nephtheros is concerned) to be happy.
Well, Nepho surely is ignorant since she's just live with her master and probably not long ago since she exist.

There's not win or lose here. She's not even count as anything like that. If anything, Chastille's kinda support system like Manuela I think but with more involvement to plot since she's the head of the faction after Raphael asked her to do it right? Well, story need more characters to expand after all.

I honestly never feeling bad for unrequited thing, if the other party they like already had lover. Cause it's their own fault for being so easily attached or impressed? Or what else term do people called something like that? Well, teenage phase is always like that for few people after all (-~-;

I just realised this manga had drama genre too. For drama effect perhaps, a bit drama can be amusing sometimes.

Still, I despise the idea of something like that... Only crazy/bad people still like or go after to try get in between someone relationship.

Well, Chastille now seems to like making friends after befriending Nephie and Manuela, so they will be friends eventually. Well, maybe Nepho will be an observer to react to Barbatos and Chastille interactions in future. Kinda looking forward to that in spinoff, though it will take a year or more..to reach that point..since..it already catch up to main manga.

Contributor
Neptheros is hinting something regarding her actual age. Or maybe it was already revealed and I just forgot. Anyway, she shouldn't be dispensing love advice at her level of experience - it's like the blind leading the blind if Chastille chooses to follow her words.

Chastille might have a crush on Zagan. Did you hear that, Barbatos? Anyway, I see this man is stepping up and has no plans of slacking off. Sacrificing an arm to protect a human — and a holy knight at that — is unthinkable for a sorcerer, but here we are. Losing his arm to a sneak attack is pretty bad, but maybe he has magic to help him reattach it? He's a pretty strong sorcerer and I don't think that is going to weaken his magic at all.

Assuming this would-be assassin has no means to instantly report to his/her superiors, Chastille still has a chance of protecting her position in the church if they can get rid of the assailant before they could report anything.

Users who are viewing this thread