Maou-sama, Retry! - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

God that fat shaming at the end , i thought that family was fat to show.their wealth since the land has some problems with farming and rain

Dex-chan lover
There are two sentences that summarize this chapter.
1. Victory for all women! Prey(Fat) Slaughtered!
2. Sasuga Maou-sama!

Y'know, as overdone as the "modern technology/culture meets isekai world" is, this chapter delighted me for some reason. It's just a lot of people having fun, indulging in nice things. (And two scary women harmonizing their ominous cackling.)
Curing handicapped people is somehow really nice too.

Dex-chan lover
@AlmaStock please don't bring SJW sayings like Fat Shaming into my manga paradise. Everyone knows people that make fun of fat people are jerks, but people who tell them they're beautiful as fatties and cause them to die of obesity-related health problems are just as bad. However, it's obviously genetic with the Friedbutter sisters situation. They need some Maou-sama magic.

Fed-Kun's army
ganbare ms. friedbutter~

fat shaming or no, it does has the effect to make someone want to better themselves (for better or for worse...). Dont think it was meant to pander, just added character development for her, have a feeling she will be thin within the next 5-10 chapters.

For those wanting to hear the laugh on page 16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1QY76d-40

In the novel she SMASHED destiny and if I'm not mistaken became a waifu.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Inb4 she and her sister become hot waifu
Instead of fried they become
STEAMED

Fed-Kun's army
Nothing wrong with deciding on your own that you want to become fit. In fact, it's about the most admirable choice one can make about themselves. You feel better, become happier, and live longer.

Dex-chan lover
@Jeirien Yeah. It's kind of strange Maou didn't offer to treat her goitre first. Her chronic obesity is probably, at least partially, caused by the thyroid gland malfunction as well. Perhaps even Kirino Yuu can't cure that condition, which is why he said nothing.

@lenovoaxioo some translations put it as Butterfry and it seems a pun on fried butter and butterflies

Also like Marshal Arts is translated as Martial Arts and Sambo I think his name was Combat

Dex-chan lover
Ay so she ain't fat of the food huh, good to know. She has my support.

Users who are viewing this thread