Maou-sama, Retry! - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Close Aides

Group Leader
Oh yeah, I forgot those two were complete psychopath and part of the role of Mahou is to redirect their crazy tendencies on real bad people.

Still so good. And the art is still awesome.
Too bad the anime is still shit.

Double-page supporter
Was waiting for this inevitable chapter, but it kinda felt short this time. Sorta feels like they skipped over the buildup and other stuff and just jumped to them all being captured. The guy's underlings are barely visible for one panel the chapter earlier then the next time they're seen is in some sort of bag.

I didn't know this story was based in our era. That military style knife the bad guy had completely suprised me.

Its a bit underwhelming.
Its one of my favorite parts of the novel.

Too bad she didnt really give too much info unlike in the novel.

If only the anime was made better. Its a good series but turned worse due to a poor adaptation.

Supporter
As a shotacon, she has too much power. Especially the mommy part. That is creepy.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, where did the gun come from, is it always exist in that world? I swear this is the first time I saw a gun in this manga

Power Uploader
@musicfreak12 Isn't Tahara always walking around with a pistol on his shoulder strap? He probably stashed this somewhere in the area :v

Double-page supporter
@musicfreak12
Either you forgot about it or you did not read chapters 12 and 13 for the machine gun from this chapter or a normal handgun in chapter 20.

Dex-chan lover
@KRBlack
It's actually implied if i remember right that yu has no desire to torment people for the sake of it (at least not anymore), but still has her sadistic scientist side when dealing with people who go against kunai, though it's implied that she won't really go all out of the darker side of her nature unless they really piss her off, which, considering she's implied to be quite fond of aku and luna, not to mention how fond kunai is of them, probably has something to do with just how sadistic she is in this scene.
Basically it's likely she wouldn't have been nearly as cold blooded if he wasn't the child torturing monster he was.
She's not a "noble" character, but she does have her own set of morals and they pretty much align with her boss.
I think the implication is that they changed along with kunai's personality change, thus their morality comes out similar to his, though they still retain some of their traits, they are essentially separate to a extent from their originals.

@Serenata
Pretty much, yu had the potential to kill before but pointed out she didn't really enjoy blatant killing if i remember right, this guy on the other hand, well, let's be honest, half of us would want someone like this to die a slow, painful death for all the stuff he'd done.

The light novel is at volume 3 and covers the parts beyond this chapter :v

I'm waiting for volume 4 so i can get far ahead of the manga (raw chapters)

Users who are viewing this thread