Maou-sama, Retry!

Dex-chan lover
The plot of the story is good, but the anime for some reason shitted on the character design of everyone, the novel and manga were already out, there was no need to make every single person look like a generic NPC.
Even if the staff thought some of them resembled someone in another popular serie they should put more effort in making them look better not worse.
Put every main character of the manga, novel and anime on 3 papers, remove the names, you can say who is who in the manag and novel, but they are too different and shitty in the anime, tha isn't just going with a low budget.
They left the ending open to a second season but who would sponsor something like that?
There is a chance that the blue ray got updated art, that would be more like a new anime, but is low, and woul dprobably little interest.
The first episode of a anime is usually the best looking one, but Retry kept it the same from the start, tight budget.

@Amenimun : really ? i think it's too bad that we aren't able to assist at his demise after what he did in that manor, good riddance he die as he lived like a coward dog

Wow, the anime really gave Yuu the 4 kids treatment didn't it? They talked briefly about what a pyscho she was but wasted no time making her cute and cuddly after she was summoned. Now I wanna go read the novels to see what else got dumbed down.

It's just occurring to me that certain elements here are quite similar to what's been happening in Berserk.
Super-powerful character is creating this paradise on earth which people fall in love with when they arrive, but they don't know about the monstrous characters who protect it from harm.

Of course in Berserk the funny thing is we as readers know Griffith is an evil bastard who's inevitably gonna betray everyone in his city, but from the perspective of an outsider in the story, discovering the city would probably be a very similar experience in both Berserk and Maou-sama Retry. How can we tell if the ruler is a benevolent demon lord or a secret evil overlord Griffith?

Users who are viewing this thread