Maou-sama, Retry!

I am really enjoying this story as it unfolds. Even read up on some of the raws because I couldn't wait for the Tls

@Gadelaza

Nope. The heroes appearance was not what I was expecting honestly. Pic of what he looks like:
Its some fat kid with glasses
9b6b113e0314c9dea6d1ddf83b27df7e.png

Thanks for the chapter and the hard work that went into getting it to us!
This is legit my fav manga so I am happy to have a new chapter to read!

@RogueToad you know what... I never actually looked at it that way and now that I think of it this is just essentially a smaller scale version of falconia, nice catch

Fyi this series is licensed in English by J-Novel Club under "Demon Lord, Retry!" They have up to Vol 4 ch 5 out in English on their website and Vol 3 is up for pre-order on various ebook sites!

https://j-novel.club/s/demon-lord-retry-manga/

Damn man, I really wish Yukikaze wasn't a trap.
I think it's the one that I've most wanted this to be the case, by far.
If not a trap I'd love the innuendo and teasing of Mikan and whatnot even more. Oh well, still cute, but what a horrible lost opportunity 😢

Fed-Kun's army
Surely "wotamega" should be "working otaku with glasses" not a "polite way of addressing oatku (with glasses)"?

There are various stereotypes about otaku, but a "Working Otaku" or Wotaku is contributing to society whilst still being interested in manga/anime. It is emphasizing his otaku nature whilst indicating he is not in any way a Hikikomori or NEET, which would otherwise be typically associated with any adult otaku.

@Kade_BSG
The full explanation for Wotaku is very long but what you said isn't wrong to a certain extent. The term "Otaku" came from the word お宅 stayed at home, so your perspective is interesting and is kinda somewhat true.

Wotaku originally is a term made by Otakus to distinguish themselves from other Otaku among otakus (especially since there are many types of Otaku like Gun Otaku, Game Otaku, Idol Otaku), so people added W to otaku. That's pretty much about it. I'm sure if you search for it, there's a better explanation out there. Wotaku/otaku doesn't indicate if that person is a working otaku or not. It's just the stigma of Otaku was around longer and the stereotypes are shown in anime a lot, whereas Wotaku is pretty specific that even non-otaku might not even know the terms yet.

People often use Otaku as an insult (Like nerd or geek) whereas Wotaku often used among otaku to politely addressing each other while differentiating the normies. Hence, I wrote it as "a more polite way of saying" etc. Sorry if i have caused a confusion there. I didn't want to TL note to be TL;DR, rather just straight to the point.

Fun fact, even my professor is a Wotaku as well so yeah, it has nothing to do with neet or hikikomori. It's just a stereotype and most NEETs or Hikikomori are Otaku.

To prevent further confusion, i will change it to an alternative yet specific way of saying.

Users who are viewing this thread