Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 139 - The Onmyou Agency

ahkrge.png

Group Leader
You bet I'm am. I'm trying to see who will get triggered by my comments and how many will get angry as people nowadays are too sensitive about anything.
- Said by a bunch of incels who throw a hissy fit when a western movie or a game features a character who isn't a cis straight white man.
013.gif
Get blocked. Go touch some grass, you useless fuck. =w=

Double-page supporter
Japan's experiments very much weren't on their own citizens/subjects. And were the worst that we know of.
The Americans did it on a massive part of their population more than once, and the Chinese are probably doing things Unit 731 couldn't even dream of.(and wipe out anyone who even thinks of leaking it)

Dex-chan lover
But folks who write these sorts of storylines don't ever go that far because the only way these sorts of situations happen is because they are unaware of how the field itself and the people who work in it would be so repulsed by what
they did. And how the people who go through with these sorts of experiments anyway are genuinely considered fucking monsters.

I mean... it's not like there is any merit or historical precedent for this viewpoint.

I'm certain the field has been free of any possible allegations of wrongdoing.

And we all know corporations are focused on doing the right thing, no matter the cost.

Most certainly governments would never engage in such unethical behaviors.

I dunno why people would write things like this. Because clearly as we've seen, nothing like that happens in real life, ever.

Given the threat posed to the county by Mato Disasters, I shudder to think what morally dubious things they'd do in the name of "National Security" or "Global Security" in some kind of "War on Mato". I'm sure they'd pass terrible laws restricting the freedoms of citizens, use black sites to torture and investigate people they deem threats and justify it as patriotism, and brand it as unpatriotic to disagree with it.

* stares straight into the camera *

But that would never happen in real life!

Aggregator gang
God I was hoping they'd bring in Yuuki's sister and have him give an emotional speech about how he thought she was dead for so many years due to their secrecy & experiments.

Double-page supporter
I mean... it's not like there is any merit or historical precedent for this viewpoint.

I'm certain the field has been free of any possible allegations of wrongdoing.

And we all know corporations are focused on doing the right thing, no matter the cost.

Most certainly governments would never engage in such unethical behaviors.

I dunno why people would write things like this. Because clearly as we've seen, nothing like that happens in real life, ever.

Given the threat posed to the county by Mato Disasters, I shudder to think what morally dubious things they'd do in the name of "National Security" or "Global Security" in some kind of "War on Mato". I'm sure they'd pass terrible laws restricting the freedoms of citizens, use black sites to torture and investigate people they deem threats and justify it as patriotism, and brand it as unpatriotic to disagree with it.

* stares straight into the camera *

But that would never happen in real life!
but muh holesum nihon would never do such things in the modern age !!11222222222111111111

There would only be like domestic black sites (unlike the CIA's overseas ones). Also the MDF just sits around to protect Japan, other countries probably have some equivalent of their own, since we haven't seen a full on war to acquire peaches from other countries' gates or some dumb shit. Yet. Also JSDF doesn't really have much overseas bases or other shit, and the gates are conveniently located mostly in Japan, reducing the need to invade countries on the other side of the world (which becomes infinitely easier when you have someone who can fucking teleport). TLDR: All this bullshit is plausible, except the global shit, everything that happens on the home islands stays there.

Last edited:
man what a nothing burger... for what feels like 6 volumes of behind the scenes corruption and tenka going undercover to reveal it all turns out to be no shocking revelation or drama point among the chiefs.

Dex-chan lover
810B9HW.png

This makes me think Ren is actually a good girl at heart... :nyoron:

(Also can't wait for the uncensored version :meguu:)
She's likely not a horrible person, but I also never thought she was. Ren's personal flaws are that she's extremely arrogant, quite prideful, and has a massive ego.

Dex-chan lover
There seems like a lot of Mira scenes in this chapter I love you Mira-san author keep cooking
This make me think about how much Mira would fit if she becomes the commander for a twist. Muscularly strong (go head to head against a god when use that much clones elsewhere), broken ability that could help many people at once, insanely strong will (determined to defeat the god and save citizens at the same time, won't let consumed), strict but caring to other people, treat everyone equally, have manners, trusted in the zone with the most shuuki (tied with the 7th unit). Like, she is a perfect candidate

Mira truly is just an absolute unit. Easily one of my favorite characters in the story.

ksnip-tmp-r-Khhwe.png

Commander is completly Flaggerbasted....

and by the reactions of the some other Squad Leaders....this might actually Bite Her into Ass and cause her to lose...especially after that last couple panels of this chapter.....

So sure, that she can manage both Commander position and PM....yeah, she is SO GOING to lose badly isn't she

I think Ren will end up winning the election and keep her seat, but I see it being very close. She may even start second-guessing herself knowing she came so close to getting upset.

810B9HW.png

This makes me think Ren is actually a good girl at heart...

(Also can't wait for the uncensored version )
She's likely not a horrible person, but I also never thought she was. Ren's personal flaws are that she's extremely arrogant, quite prideful, and has a massive ego.

Dex-chan lover
but muh holesum nihon would never do such things in the modern age !!11222222222111111111

There would only be like domestic black sites (unlike the CIA's overseas ones). Also the MDF just sits around to protect Japan, other countries probably have some equivalent of their own, since we haven't seen a full on war to acquire peaches from other countries' gates or some dumb shit. Yet. Also JSDF doesn't really have much overseas bases or other shit, and the gates are conveniently located mostly in Japan, reducing the need to invade countries on the other side of the world (which becomes infinitely easier when you have someone who can fucking teleport). TLDR: All this bullshit is plausible, except the global shit, everything that happens on the home islands stays there.
100% agree. I just thought it was hilarious someone thought some mysterious government agency formed to deal with some clearly otherworldly national/global threat would never ever EVER engage in morally/legal dubious scientific research IRL. Because science is pure and everyone is absolutely free from corruption, blackmail or any other outside motivating forces.

Like shit it's the FIRST thing I'd expect most mysterious government agency with access to no-oversight budgets, under orders to preserve the security of the country to be doing.

(Today's word for everyone else here is: "Black Site")

But yeah outside of my long wank that science, the government, and companies routinely engage in horrible unethical behaviors, I agree with your tactical assessment on Japan and the JSDF in this universe.

We've also seen inkling that shit is mad fucked up on the political spectrum about this, given we've seen Ren out here visiting government officials all over and ruthlessly murdering would be juiced up kill teams sent in to eliminate her. (Remember folks: enemy combatants are not afforded the protections of the law, as they are terrorists.)

Users who are viewing this thread