Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 139 - The Onmyou Agency

Dex-chan lover
I like that Ren and Tenka both have chill conversation together (being naked is a bonus)

But can we conclude that Ren knowingly experimented on Yuuki's sister, "torture" her to the point that she escaped with other 2? If it is true, then Ren might win election but lose at love.

Dex-chan lover
Onmyou agency is so incredibly sus, no way they were telling the truth.
yeah I be surprised if any of them trust ren afterward, especially for the politician. I'm sure they know that the "truth" is pretty much just some bs lines that they remembered if shit hit the fan and not an actual explanation.

Ren is basiclaly hiding a plague, I don't think anyone beside braindead bell like that they aren't inform about this info.

Dex-chan lover
If this were a mite realistic, I'd feel everyone in that room would have gone, 'I genuinely don't care how rational your positions are, holy shit did you go about this in the most fucked way possible. You can't just ignore the humanity of the people you are "experimenting" on, literally anyone with a background in science would tell you about all the advancements in ensuring science is done in an ethical manner. The fact people felt a need to escape in the first place is an incredible indictment on your procedures.'

But folks who write these sorts of storylines don't ever go that far because the only way these sorts of situations happen is because they are unaware of how the field itself and the people who work in it would be so repulsed by what they did. And how the people who go through with these sorts of experiments anyway are genuinely considered fucking monsters.

Fed-Kun's army
If this were a mite realistic, I'd feel everyone in that room would have gone, 'I genuinely don't care how rational your positions are, holy shit did you go about this in the most fucked way possible. You can't just ignore the humanity of the people you are "experimenting" on, literally anyone with a background in science would tell you about all the advancements in ensuring science is done in an ethical manner. The fact people felt a need to escape in the first place is an incredible indictment on your procedures.'

But folks who write these sorts of storylines don't ever go that far because the only way these sorts of situations happen is because they are unaware of how the field itself and the people who work in it would be so repulsed by what they did. And how the people who go through with these sorts of experiments anyway are genuinely considered fucking monsters.
In this universe there would be a group of person, an "Omnyou Agency" that is ready to conduct any type of experiment to decipher the Shukki, and Mato, to the point of being "monsters".

It's not that out there or the mangaka being unaware of how unethical it is, quite the opposite.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Ren's future will be as bright as she expects. If she doesn't hit rock buttom after all this hubris, it will be a massive disservice to the story so far.

Dex-chan lover
I like that Ren and Tenka both have chill conversation together (being naked is a bonus)

But can we conclude that Ren knowingly experimented on Yuuki's sister, "torture" her to the point that she escaped with other 2? If it is true, then Ren might win election but lose at love.
remember than Yuuki's sister never left Mato, she found the 2 girls and got told what the Onmyou did, she was pretty strong by herself and defeat all the shuuki so never got rescued.
This discussion showed some naivety by the mangaka, the explanations only "make sense" if you take the statements of the people that just hid information from you as the truth, like yeah, they were going to do the right thing once they ascertained the mutated humans were not dangerous OR maybe they'd test some more shit and dispose of them, come on, they're hiding their existence by all means possible so their word on their hypothetical future actions is just invalid as an argument, their credibility has already been destroyed from the moment they hide their actions from the only people that could make them accountable. I'd understand some of the young chiefs believing it, but the grandma saying the explanations are believable/make sense was kind of a blunder. . .
On a side note it'll be nice when Bell votes Kyouka (just a prediction given what I think would shake Ren the most aside from losing)
remember that Tenka said that their changed their ways after the escape of the girls except for the communication with the outside world, and as the prez of the US say, Ren is seen as the human answer to the Mato problem, so the older ones can see her act as being for the greater good, I would say is more the young ones could get more emotional, like the wind chief voting for Kyouka now, because she saved the model woman that turned into a half shuuki (Noon?).

I'm also with you for the Bell vote, mostly thanks to Yuuki, the sharing of the slave and the rewards makes a big connection between the 2 people, so her vote being for the person that helped her more will make sense and be a big betrayal to Ren as even if he cares a lot for Bell she still looks down on her.

Dex-chan lover
This discussion showed some naivety by the mangaka, the explanations only "make sense" if you take the statements of the people that just hid information from you as the truth, like yeah, they were going to do the right thing once they ascertained the mutated humans were not dangerous OR maybe they'd test some more shit and dispose of them, come on, they're hiding their existence by all means possible so their word on their hypothetical future actions is just invalid as an argument, their credibility has already been destroyed from the moment they hide their actions from the only people that could make them accountable. I'd understand some of the young chiefs believing it, but the grandma saying the explanations are believable/make sense was kind of a blunder. . .
On a side note it'll be nice when Bell votes Kyouka (just a prediction given what I think would shake Ren the most aside from losing)
The thing is, WHAT they told was the truth. Tenka did state that she interviewed the prisoners and verified this, especially the part that the prisoner’s treatment got better. So it’s not that they just claim they “were going to do the right thing”, they actually did for some issues. This actually gives their words credibility.

The grandma saying that it makes sense, doesn’t really mean anything, because their explanations did make sense.

The issue are the hypotheticals and the unsaid things, neither of which the chiefs can really make strong arguments about.

Users who are viewing this thread