Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 139 - The Onmyou Agency

Dex-chan lover
Ren would likely be the next one to be shuukified. I mean become the next god of thunder. Her pride is her trigger. I don't know what's so special about minister's seat. They don't do anything to the story so far

Dex-chan lover
Eventhough, this manga take place in a matriarchy dominated society with women rule but somehow the author did not made into a woke garbage like most western entertainment nowadays. Japanese authors seems to know how to write stories properly without make the audience turn off.
While i am agree with you, Japanese manga already got more experience in handling fiction. Fiction should stay fiction. Everyone need to know this because if they ends up out of boundary, every normal human knows it would become burdensome and annoying to know about

Supporter
20240908004243-af6518d1-me.png

This is the face of someone that just lost trust in you, oof.​

Supporter
Bringing up conspiracies? Ren doesn't bat an eye. Love though? Completely blindsided.
Legit think she believes the other chiefs (at least the ones she has some semblance of concern about) all operate like her: entirely on professional self-aggrandizement. That there might be other motivations that take precedence (strong moral core, emotional ties) seems to have never occurred to her. I'm not sure she comprehends even after being told.

Dex-chan lover
That was grade-AAA politicking, I have to admit... I am impressed.

The more we see of Ren the more I am convinced that her mind isn't as strong as she thinks it is.

As far as we have seen from her power, she is a reality manipulator, but that doesn't directly mean she has impeccable psychic defenses... because even if you do have a power that makes you able to put "physical" barriers in your mind... personality still enters as a complex variable.

And I have to say... the burn Ren gave Tobera was sick.

Dex-chan lover
Tenka!!! <3
ksnip-tmp-r-Khhwe.png

and that part where Ren talks about being able to handle both positions... said like a true despot
"Allow them to contact their families"
"I, the commander, would bear the burden alone"
You mean you'll somehow bear the burden of their families thinking they're dead when all they need is a phone call and constant contact instead of keeping them as guinea pigs for as long as you did. She does have the makings of a good politician with that kind of non-answer

Dex-chan lover
So Ren still out here waving red flags left and right? Okay. Just checking in for when this situation fucking EXPLODES in her face like an atomic bomb, but filled with dogshit and rusty nails as a tamper.

Dex-chan lover
That was grade-AAA politicking, I have to admit... I am impressed.

The more we see of Ren the more I am convinced that her mind isn't as strong as she thinks it is.

As far as we have seen from her power, she is a reality manipulator, but that doesn't directly mean she has impeccable psychic defenses... because even if you do have a power that makes you able to put "physical" barriers in your mind... personality still enters as a complex variable.

And I have to say... the burn Ren gave Tobera was sick.
I feel like they're building her up to become a vessel for a God of thunder or something. Having someone with her ego join their ranks would eventually lead to her wanting to rule both mato and the world over. If she doesn't end up having a growth arc in this one I feel like that'd be her logical route with how power hungry she's been shown in this chapter

This discussion showed some naivety by the mangaka, the explanations only "make sense" if you take the statements of the people that just hid information from you as the truth, like yeah, they were going to do the right thing once they ascertained the mutated humans were not dangerous OR maybe they'd test some more shit and dispose of them, come on, they're hiding their existence by all means possible so their word on their hypothetical future actions is just invalid as an argument, their credibility has already been destroyed from the moment they hide their actions from the only people that could make them accountable. I'd understand some of the young chiefs believing it, but the grandma saying the explanations are believable/make sense was kind of a blunder. . .
On a side note it'll be nice when Bell votes Kyouka (just a prediction given what I think would shake Ren the most aside from losing)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
20240908004243-af6518d1-me.png

This is the face of someone that just lost trust in you, oof.​
That's definitely a face of someone who just lost trust in the person they thought was a friend but turns out that very friend only cares about themselves & their own ego

Dex-chan lover
I was going to shit on Ren for dicksucking the bureaucrats so much but, considering she is such an obvious self-serving narcissist, I guess there is no way she would win an election if they weren't backing her up. It's quite telling that her strongest supporter in the corps isn't very smart lmao
bro she literally has the firepower of a fuckin ICBM

Dex-chan lover
making me think this either goes into a "Ren loses election, snaps, ends up transforming into a shuuki or something on the level of the gods and becomes a full on villain". From there... Idk. Maybe she dies, maybe something happens between her and Yuuki that manages to shake her enough so she snaps out of it and grows from that. Thinking about the possibilities is fun. But if Tenka gets killed we riot

There seems like a lot of Mira scenes in this chapter I love you Mira-san author keep cooking
This make me think about how much Mira would fit if she becomes the commander for a twist. Muscularly strong (go head to head against a god when use that much clones elsewhere), broken ability that could help many people at once, insanely strong will (determined to defeat the god and save citizens at the same time, won't let consumed), strict but caring to other people, treat everyone equally, have manners, trusted in the zone with the most shuuki (tied with the 7th unit). Like, she is a perfect candidate

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Ren really is a bit of a megalomaniac
but that won't work when it comes to Tenka supremacy!

Users who are viewing this thread