Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi

when the orcs are literal boars and they remind you that "elves" aren't really "elves", the story is classy as fuck. That's a much welcome throwback to old stories and myths before tolkien and gygax popularized the current generic interpretations.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
It's not just a "You can't really now where you will end" is more like "motherfucker you don't even know if she went to other world or just fucking died"

I totally understand saboru's mentality of "i have family and shit and I need to at LEAST now that there's a way for me to go back with them" but bro let me tell you one thing, if I'm not an insanely broken character on the level of fucking gods I'm not even risking my luck attempting shit and just doing my best to live a life as decent as possible. Because there's 0 chance I'm gambling my body/soul or whatever getting destroyed in the process of changing worlds

Dex-chan lover
Came for the food

Stayed for the world building and plot

Most fantasy/isekai food manga doesn’t have much to say when it comes to story(not like they are bad most are character driven so they are still interesting) but this one tells a rather interesting story.

Say

Group Leader
Reminder not to skip on the Memories chapters, they are part of the main story

Just when manga artists couldn't rip off Tolkien more than they already do, this author made a character name the races in their fantasy world based from with their very own isekai'd copy of Lord of the Rings. My sides are in orbit.

Say

Group Leader
Made a change to chapter 14 and 15:
Changed the name "xiufu" to "xu fu"
Thanks to the commenter who pointed out the connection

@egkaf22 I actually appreciate that they're respecting their inspirations and tying it into the worldbuilding. It seems like Tolkien actually traveled between the two worlds and wrote about it as fantasy. I like it more than the idea that this race that exists in mythology exists for real on this other world, and all of this is complete coincidence.

Seems like he read LOTR and named them elves and dwarves...I wonder if orcs will appear.

Group Leader
@Say Thanks for your answer it's just that regarding that conversation in ch11 p8 it was translated as follow:

- "Does that mean you're a fairy ...?"
- "Ah, not really."
- "..."
- "I was called a faery, I was called a goddess, and others berated me as a witch."

That "Ah, not really" gave me doubt (and the raw text "ま違うがの" didn't helped either).

Say

Group Leader
@motheblackcat she can be anything you decide to call her, she's just not human. The conversation started because our current perception of elfs is that they have pointy ears, but you could call them anything else beside elf. Same thing for Lefay, she isn't human, therefore you can call her whatever you like, she doesn't mind.
But I dunno if in the future you'll get any confirmation about her race, but keep on reading because it will get definitely more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread