Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Ch. 74 - Helped me find the answers together

Anyone knows when chapter 76 drops? It was supposed to be the April chapter but we haven't had anything yet

This is one of the WORST developments I've ever heard of in a manga that considers naming "romance" as one of its genres. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Zaizen's a predator, Meguro's a victim, she was over her feelings that started through grooming, and now Koga's simply handing her over to that guy again? It doesn't matter that's for "tutoring", that's just stupid. Zaizen would never the "the perfect teacher" for Meguro, Koga's definitely out of his mind. Knowing what happens on ch75 due to the spoilers provided by Nosebleed just makes things worse. The manga is likely nearing its end imo, there's not much where it can go after that all-time low.

I wish for the author to find a way to fix that, because the overseas community is already voicing her disgust on what's happening. I also hope that the Japanese community shares this sentiment and do their complaints as well, since they're the main target audience.

Double-page supporter
No. Meguro comes to this decision herself (and after some discussion with the other 2 girls she's friends with) after a month of tutoring with Zaizen. During that month we don't know Koga's perspective but Meguro mentions she thinks it's bothering him a little because he's been calling her less and she even struggles to bring that up with him (and that was a factor in her asking to break up). We don't know Koga's answer to the break up though since the chapter ends on that cliffhanger.

So essentially because of Koga's crippling passivity and Meguro's previous experiences still continuing to paint her bias towards how a relationship works she thinks he is losing interest in her because he refuses to do anything with her and constantly peddles her off to some other person. Except instead of them breaking things off with her like all her previous boyfriends ended up doing she's taking the initiative this time and doing it herself (which ironically shows some growth on her part).

Dude is not acting like a lover, he's acting like a brother or father. "I want to spend time with her but I know what's best for her now is her studies and growth! She wants to become stronger". No you moron, she is getting frustrated because her fucking boyfriend isn't spending time with her despite having the perfect excuse TO spend time with her by tutoring her (past trauma aside, not that that would even come up given how they all behaved when Groomer-sensei met her again).

Fuck it, this manga is about TWO people who are emotionally stunted when it comes to love and romance. Koga doesn't know what romantic affection is anymore than Meguro does but he skews too far on the platonic side of the spectrum compared to Meguro's sexual side.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, I didn't think that there needed to be some kind of ridiculous confrontation and chastisement from Koga towards sensei like everyone has been calling for. Nor did I think it would look good for Koga if he dwelled on Zaizen being her first, there's no point in showing him being THAT insecure at this stage. In fact the encounter and chapter went just about the way it would have been best to go. Until the last page that is.

What a disappointing development, there's a difference between being confident and secure and just being naive and stupid. Not only because of his prior relationship with Meguro, but especially since the other teachers and Zaizen himself have alluded to him being a womanizer.

It's almost a shame this won't end in NTR because he would deserve it for doing something this dumb.
Crazy how hard the manga dropped the ball so close to the finish line.

Dex-chan lover
Spoilers for 75 if people are desperate and need their fix

The teacher really doesn't want anything to do with Meguro, sexually or romantically, so that won't be an issue. But him tutoring her does lead to Meguro asking to break things off with Koga because she doesn't feel worthy of him more or less.

There are no more chapters so dunno how it continues.
Wow, shouldn't we be way past this type of development? That could have happened somewhere in the middle of the first part. Now, with all the development we went through, the whole situation is so forced that you really have no choice but to question author's ability.

Dex-chan lover
Lol imagine painting this whole interaction with level headed matureness until the last 2 pages and dropping the MOST RETARDED development ever conveyed on a manga page.

There are so many things wrong with this shit that it's not even worth to waste your time and type it.

Author is a woman right? I can tell.

God damn.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lol imagine painting this whole interaction with level headed matureness until the last 2 pages and dropping the MOST RETARDED development ever conveyed on a manga page.

There are so many things wrong with this shit that it's not even worth it to waste your time and type it.

Author is a woman right? I can tell.

God damn.
Well we have the I can fix her trope, the playboy trope, and the chase after her even though I was rejected trope. Of course the author is a woman.

Dex-chan lover
well, damn what the hell author... if im to guess, Koga gets excited when seeing meguro and sensei together. That's where the author wants to go... netorase.

I don't like where this is going. Better drop this manga or skim through chapters really fast.

Group Leader
So essentially because of Koga's crippling passivity and Meguro's previous experiences still continuing to paint her bias towards how a relationship works she thinks he is losing interest in her because he refuses to do anything with her and constantly peddles her off to some other person. Except instead of them breaking things off with her like all her previous boyfriends ended up doing she's taking the initiative this time and doing it herself (which ironically shows some growth on her part).

Dude is not acting like a lover, he's acting like a brother or father. "I want to spend time with her but I know what's best for her now is her studies and growth! She wants to become stronger". No you moron, she is getting frustrated because her fucking boyfriend isn't spending time with her despite having the perfect excuse TO spend time with her by tutoring her (past trauma aside, not that that would even come up given how they all behaved when Groomer-sensei met her again).

Fuck it, this manga is about TWO people who are emotionally stunted when it comes to love and romance. Koga doesn't know what romantic affection is anymore than Meguro does but he skews too far on the platonic side of the spectrum compared to Meguro's sexual side.
I should clarify that Koga not talking to her much was just one factor. Her overall reason to break up with him was a bit vague but she essentially says that she keeps "spoiling" herself with thoughts about her future together with Koga, taking him for granted even when he's not around so to speak, and because of that she considers the relationship is too much for her right now (almost as if she's implying she doesn't deserve it)

I also mentioned it in the previous thread but the way she words her request at the end implies it could be temporary. She says "Please allow me to forget about you once", but because the chapter ends on a cliffhanger without Koga's answer I can't say one way or the other.

Don't wanna spread misinformation so I'm just laying it out.

MD@Home
Guys, I don't think Koga realized exactly how the relationship between Meguro and the teacher went back then. In fact, based on his comments I don't think he's sure they were in a relationship to begin with. Though if so, he's in for a rude awakening...

Dex-chan lover
Jesus, unforced errors.

I think dude being a character in the manga spoiled it, MMC befriending him even more so. I'm not immediately dropping it... maybe someone can reply to this once the LN cliffhanger is resolved so i know if i want to bother.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so this is the author that wrote "How to Make a Good Manga Completely Retarded in Just 3 Chapters".
I always wondered.
Guess I'll go fetch my binoculars for the impending trainwreck.

Users who are viewing this thread