Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Vol. 10 Ch. 71.5 - A strawberry is a strawberry

Dex-chan lover
Author: "Listen guys, I know he may seem like a piece of shit,l but he's also a person, nothing wrong with that." Glosses over the context of the foundation of this story. This is what makes reading most romance stories hard because anything can be glossed over with, "but LOVE".

Dex-chan lover
Author: "Listen guys, I know he may seem like a piece of shit,l but he's also a person, nothing wrong with that." Glosses over the context of the foundation of this story. This is what makes reading most romance stories hard because anything can be glossed over with, "but LOVE".
"It's okay that he completely screws women over with little consequence because HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS! C'moooooooon he's just a little guy riiiiiiight?!"

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, the author does a good job at humanizing the characters, especially the ones with flaws. On the other hand getting involved with your student is a big violation of trust, especially since he is doing so in a very flippant attitude. He knows it's not good and that does not absolve him of responsibility.
All that said, the situation with Meguro is also based on Meguro's relationship with her mom, and Meguro having undeveloped social skills in general. I'm guessing that he tried to explain his approach to Meguro and her limited life experience led to a twisted interpretation and implementation. I haven't gone back and read the initial chapters setting up her character, but I could see the author chalking up some of it to an unreliable FMC and rumors making it more exaggerated if he really wants to redeem the tutor.

Dex-chan lover
That biology teacher really didn't want to get involved. I can't really blame her. I also wouldn't want to get involved in the "problems" of a guy like that. It might have been to everyone's benefit if she had, at least, tried to give the dude some kind of solid reason why avoiding relationships like that would be smart. It would have been useless to base it on morals, but practicality could have worked. She did say a little bit to that direction, but since we can assume she knew her own student well enough, she also knew she doesn't have what it would take to convince him of anything. So, she didn't want to get involved, lest she makes matters only worse.

Double-page supporter
I forgot his name already but at least the other guy with multiple partners was always upfront and very clear that he loves who he loves and if the girls couldn’t accept that, to respectfully refrain from trying to change him. This POS however, is very clearly not redeemable, takes advantage of girls’ feeling and emotions, and needs to fuck off into the Sahara desert with no water.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the comments. I see it was great decisions to drop it. Before this chapter. And it's not like any meaningful plot or even romance was left anyways.
Wait, this is getting dropped. I love the shit out of this story. That sucks.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like he hates monagomous relationships since he likes expanding his love to a lot of people as it's more fun that way. That's fine and all but keep it to people who feel the same way, don't go around taking advantage of impressionable young girls just because you can't keep it in your pants.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand why some people drop a series just because they don't like one character. I think it's great that the author tries to show different facet of people and how each and everyone see things differently whether it's morally right or wrong and the awkwardness and confusion of teenagers.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why some people drop a series just because they don't like one character. I think it's great that the author tries to show different facet of people and how each and everyone see things differently whether it's morally right or wrong and the awkwardness and confusion of teenagers.
true, but people tend to be single minded, so it is not suited for everyone, personally i like how the arthor paint every character in their personal view and that how basically life is, everyone have their own mind and free to voice their opinion.
i just wish that those opinion doesnt stop the group from translate this series

btw love the translate group work, just dont let some comment discourage your effort

Users who are viewing this thread