Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

Supporter
Not sure about you guys but basing someone’s personality around having fucked some dudes and making it the focus of the manga is pretty unhealthy.

Fed-Kun's army
We read manga. None of us ever had the right to even start thinking of ourselves as being remotely chad.

Bruh no matter how cute this manga gets, i always get hella ntr vibes reading it. Like these 2 are taken straight out of a ntr hentai🤦‍♂️

This is long so I put it as a spoiler but there are no actual spoilers lul

I mean people can be bored or hate the manga, but I don't think it's fair to analyse it without some context. What i'm about to say doesn't mean i belive that this series is factually better that anyone thinks, art is subjective and doesn't have to represent the values of society or individual people.
So this is "the girl isn't a virgin" manga, but we are all aware of other manga tropes, tags and stereotypes. There is an obsession with virginity and the fact that it's the girl that falls in love and chases the MC, that also seems pretty unhealthy. That and a lot of other things that can be classified as "toxic masculinity" or bad moral values or whatever, thats not my point and this is not twitter.
I'm on record for saying in this comment section that this manga is a character study of meguro, the "kuudere slut". That may seem like giving too much credit to the manga, but I think it's better to see this as a story. Many stories start with a character with a flaw that comes into conflict with the world around them, in this case the view that Meguro has on what is a relationship is challenged by the relationship with Koga.
The problem is that characters in this manga are made around their flaws and not the other way around (making a character and giving them a flaw they have to overcome). There is no character outside the "simp" for the MC because that was his defining characteristic. The same way with the "kuudere slut" for the FMC. This exacerbate their flaws which can make it hard to watch for some people. To me this is always the wrong move, not just for this manga but for storytelling in general. But if you think about it its not so different from other gag school slife of life romance, the difference is that the tropes those characters fall into are well stablished. Meguro is a bit of a "taboo" in manga. This is not to say she is the first of her kind or that she is even well done, just saying she is not a mainstream type to be presented in this way.
This doesn't make the series good or morally better or worse, i dont care about that. Manga as an industry and art media can be improved by defying the stablished stereotypes, not for social justice or whatever if you dont like the word, but because it helps diversify stories and not have just thousand of mangas that are exactly the same (refer to the hellscape that is isekai and every fking school romance)

EDIT: And please dont just use this to say im personally attaking anyone or offended or demonizing the critics. I value what people has to say and dont think this is a masterpiece by any means. Trying to keep things civilized and i'm open to recieve other perspectives and change opinion (the fact that i have to say this is already worrisome)

EDIT EDIT: i'm already regretting this comment. Don't take it so seriously, this is just a manga. Like ricky gervais said: nobody cares, we are all gonna die soon so its not a big deal.

I didn't read this right away because of the fact it seems to have a slow release date for the chapters, I chose to read this, and now I have to wait for another chapter this. wish they came out more often.
Also despite this not having that many chapters, I'm surprised nobody made a Hentai Doujinshi yet

is this a "slutting it up" type manga? please say yes.
update- Lots of projection in this comment section from everyone lol

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like I’m in a ntr nhentai comment section.
Insecure bitching from incels. And deflective self diagnosed “chads”. Lmao

From what I've read of this manga I would not recommend anyone to read it. Not because of the fmc not being a virgin or anything stupid like that (many stories have this it shouldn't be a problem) it's because this is just a trash story. There might be an interesting story with this premise but from what I've read this is not it, all of the characters are incredibly unlikable and I would say that they were written around what they represent rather than being actual characters. This story is really popular because it's controversial with the NTR baiting but that's all it has, these characters are so boring and their progression is horrible if you want to read something good go read beastars don't read this garbage.

Fed-Kun's army
this manga is just plainly generic and boring, every characters are unlikable without exception and its popular just because its controversial and therefore attract all the white knights and incels but well what did i expect from a manga with that title no one care about that why even put it in the title, it just show that the author have a problem with that or the overall customer base, idk whats more pathetic, the manga or the comment section but well its always that kind of manga that get attention, people get attracted by the same shit all over again but with some different character design but they don't even notice it, same goes for shonen fag tho, while some real masterpiece get left out and get axed in worst cases, what a shitty industry.

Real talk. Guys does the MC
have sex with his gf?
or
are we just gonna be learning how the gf got fucked around
?

I’m not really sure what the complaints are about. If it wasn’t for sluts, most of you wouldn’t be born.

Users who are viewing this thread