Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

@Masgrande thank you for the clarification. It does easy my mind to think it was not a older dude who manipulated her into having an intimate relationship. Still the points i mentioned in later parts stands out. She was being called as slut in the school and not even her little sister gave mercy.

Funny thing about the censure of my above comment I broke no rule my comment is utterly devoid of, racism,sexism,religious discrimination, rape jokes, homophobia, transphobia, and direct personal attacks. Also my comment was no less off topic than the debates above on this tripe the author calls a story. Which means I hit a nerve. I have some advice for any offended. Take the above comment and actually ponder if I am right in my belief on what will come from such societal changes. Perhaps read some studies on the effects of promiscuity on the psyche of its practitioners. Cognitive dissonance is not something to be feared or hated, it is a glorious thing which we experience which allows us all to learn.

5.3.1 Do not argue with a moderator about an action in a thread. That is a rule I have broken but alas I see no mention on the message for which moderator it was. Feel free to unilaterally censure this comment too, and for added effect make sure to feel a false sense of superiority while doing it. Studies show that such mental gymnastics are a very common coping mechanism after all for those who seek to abuse any position of authority.

Plattbagarn's comment above was a personal attack quite clearly, funny that they were nor censured. Also funny that having beliefs similar to countless generations in antiquity marks one as insane to the historically illiterate.

Group Leader
@otaku_gandulf Law has nothing to do with manipulation though. just because the legal age in a country is 16 doesn't mean it's morally okay for a grown ass adult to try to fuck a 16 year old.
especially considering the most common age of majority (18) is even far too low when you take into account the fact that all the way until our mid 20s our brains' prefrontal cortex, which handles rational thought, is constantly developing. Up to our mid 20s, we primarily use the amygdala for decision making, which is dangerous because that part of the brain handles emotions, meaning that we tend to make emotional decisions and might not think of all the possible consequences of our actions as teens (and into the early 20s).
Also, from ages ~14 to ~25 we are instinctively more likely to take risks, which can be exploited by people who are older and have more life experience.
All in all, consent laws should be far higher with close in age exemptions, because you can't realistically expect people to not have sex until 25, but laws should be in place to protect them from people seeking to prey on them, up to when they can fully rationalize the possible consequences of their actions (and have a bit more life experience).

Dex-chan lover
I admit that I was fairly skeptical of this manga, but I was blown away by the character development so far. Koga learns how to believe in himself more with Meguro by his side.
Likewise, Meguro learns to respect herself more whilst unlearning what "love" was to her sensei that was completely one-dimensional.

Fed-Kun's army
Japan culture in general is fucked up, that's what it is.
Especially older people or people who are highly influenced by older people, this types of people tend to act following Japan's old society "rules".
You can't act differently and have to respect older people, of course it's not that strict nowadays and newer generations are trying to make Japan a better place but there's still a great influence of this culture in Japan's society.

@Alice_is_lost
Well, respecting older people isn't bad as long as that person deserves it.
Also, the culture isn't bad in general, maybe the people that practice it are shitty? The concept itself is fine, we shouldn't generalize, although that is up to you.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mizumachi yeah, that's pretty much it, it's a the concept is ok, but a lot of people abuse it.
Like for example in workplaces like offices, if you are a newcomer you can get the work from superiors handed to you because you know, they've worked there more then you and stuff..

@Alice_is_lost
Reminds me of that one scene of Dragon maid where the dragon keeps tripping up the MC's boss for being an asshole.
Shitty thing to do though.

Dex-chan lover
ok, I'm in chapter 16.5, and I'm not going to continue until I get some answers to this questions, is it ever addressed that she got together with him because of one of her exes? is it ever addressed that she doesn't really like him, that she only likes what he represents? is it ever addressed that she doesn't know anything about her BF, I bet if you were to ask her what his favorite color is, she wouldn't know? does the dude at some point get more development that doesn't involve the gf? does this dude have any hobbies? what does he do in his spare time? the fuck is wrong with this people?

I'm re-reading this manga and MY GOD the comment sections. I think it's healthier to read this as a story more than a manga. Might sound stupid but I think the tags and stereotypes in manga do more harm than good. I used to trust the rating in mangadex and, as a rule, didn't watch series with less that 8 starts. But now i'm reading a number of series that have less than 8 and i personally belive are as interesting as some 9 star manga that i'm reading right now. This is one of them.

Also, @jinter (but beware of spoilers)
is it ever addressed that she got together with him because of one of her exes? not yet (chapter 34). I'm not sure it will ever be adressed, but it's a posibility. I personally think that depends on if you believe "sensei" (meguro's first love) will come back or not. I think it will come back (maybe not physically) because, even though meguro has now chosen Koga for herself (chapter 30 would be the point), that stills needs to be settled out loud... and it also could be an interesting drama plot.

is it ever addressed that she doesn't really like him, that she only likes what he represents? I think it's like that for a lot of series and also real life. There is always a mix of the person and what it represents in your own life, but Meguro does in fact fall in love with the MC. If I had to pinpoint the moment it would be around... chapters 23-24 when that arc started and really develops around chapters 29-31 with the school trip. There is a great progress in Meguro when it comes to healing from her past viewpoint and changing her ways (which is why i consider this manga a character study for Meguro, but i'll talk more about that later). That really starts to show at chapter 32, with the part time job thing.

is it ever addressed that she doesn't know anything about her BF, I bet if you were to ask her what his favorite color is, she wouldn't know? I think this manga is a character study and the subject of the study is Meguro, so the story actually revolves around her, that's why whe know so much more about her, even if most of the time we see what Koga thinks. Even though we see koga grow, the actual conflic of the story is Meguro dealing with her past (particulary "sensei" and her own self-confidence) and what it means to have a relationship, be in love and choose for herself. But there is a point where this is somewhat adress at chapter 25, when the MC prepares for his exams (which is the only thing this character ever does when he is not around his girlfriend... that also is a preview of the answer for the nex question).

does the dude at some point get more development that doesn't involve the gf? does this dude have any hobbies? what does he do in his spare time? that would be just adding a trait. It has to come when it's compeling for the characters. A story is about character growth. Giving a character a hobby of other activies is just facts. Even if you think that makes a complex character, complexity doesn't make a character compelling either. Character growth usually comes from interaction (with a friend, a mentor, a romantic interst, the villain, etc). If the hobby or extra activity doesn't have a porpuse for the relationships then it might as well not be there... and that goes back to my point of this being a character study for meguro. She actually does get a part time job, while koga just focuses on his studies. Koga focusing on his studies made it harder for them to meet. That free time (and the fact that meguro's friend had a part time job) drove meguro to get one. That also comes around when the "sensei" arc comes to a close and the "self-confidence" arc begins. I think that is a good use of hobbies/spare time. One of the only props I can give to the author.

the fuck is wrong with this people? I ask myself the same thing in the real world but if you need an answer I think the problem it that the characters are made around their flaws and not the other way around (making a character and giving them a flaw they have to overcome). There is no character outside the "simp" for the MC because that was his defining characteristic. The same way with the "kuudere slut" for the FMC. This exacerbate their flaws which can make it hard to watch for some people. You could say the story is about them trying to scape those tags. I don't think that's what the author is doing, but that's the way i'm reading it... on the other hand the author has a real issue with pacing, some things happen too fast and with little explanaition as to why characters (particulary secondary ones) do the things they do. I see this as a flaw in the author and not in the story. I have a weird look at it i know.

Dex-chan lover
Hot take, calling or thinking of a person as "Sloppy seconds" or something along those lines shows that you are a shitty person

Hey scanlators, do you guys intend to keep on translating Kyoudai Complex or no? Also, wanted to know how often do you intend to release chapters of this manga considering the the release dates look a bit inconsistent.

@Dark_Tifanny69 We've been caught up with Meguro for a few months, so our schedule now is largely dependent on the (also inconsistent) Japanese release schedule.

I'm not involved with Kyoudai-con, but as I understand it that's being delayed somewhat but still in the works.

Dex-chan lover
TheMightyOozaru has done nothing wrong. Meanwhile, the Meguro fans who do demonize the critics tend to get away with breaking the rules. Why is this?
As for the manga itself, if it ends up with Meguro NTRing the male main character, know that me and several others called it months in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread