Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai

Contributor
@Short_Circut

Thanks!

It irritates me that readers oversimplify the story as MC "rescuing" a damsel in distress, as if there weren't more subtle and important aspects to the story, and as if she didn't have any agency.

It's never nearly as simple as that.

@Everblaster Not to defend incels who call her a slut, declare NTR and leave without adding anything of worth, but probably because the protag doesn't really do... anything. He doesn't do anything that a decent human being wouldn't do in their situation. When authors write their MCs by just saying they're "average and nice" then there isn't really much to talk about because a main character is always "average and nice" unless stated to be otherwise. The MC in this manga is the default state of most stories, and he doesn't exhibit any other character beyond that. Take this protag and swap him with Paisen from Nagatoro or Seto from Anjou-san and very little would change. The most problematic part of this story is that it's implying that what she's been going through could've been solved a lot quicker if someone decent dated her, and I don't know about you, but I knew quite a few decent people in high school and I know even more now. There's no real chemistry in their interactions, protag asks Meguro something, Meguro responds, and protag gets flustered. All he did was not sleep with her and she had this huge epiphany that she doesn't have to have sex with everyone who asks. This manga is basically a story of what happens when a girl who got passed around a bunch of highschoolers dates someone who doesn't want to pump and dump her, and the MC isn't anything other than the guy who was that one guy.

This wholsome stuff. I like it when manga discuss themes of how romance stuff is only good when love is actually involved. It's nice.

Dex-chan lover
Correct me if I'm wrong but...
I heard that the grand reveal is that she is actually still a Virgin somehow? Don't know when it will be revealed though

I'm in a position of greatly sympathizing with this "naive slut" role. So happy that she have got a quite happy experience so far with the protagonist.

@Everblaster
Honestly I don't get why this is rated so low. I think it's a really cool story concept to break away from the overused basic ideas of how two people fall in love, and tropes regarding virginity. I will admit it's nothing amazing story-wise, but it's been pretty refreshing for me and really wholesome.

This comment section was a blast and it has broadened my view on the different types of people

I can't help but think that those hating on the male mc being bland (though he kinda is lacking features that make him stand out aside from him being awkward, but maybe the 12 or 14 yr old me with little to no exposure on stories will like him) is partly because they can't self insert themselves being... I dunno "chad-like" towards FL? I'm sure the MC can't handle being here in the comments

But idk

And I'm loving the fluff moments

Aggregator gang
Polyamory used to be considered an excuse of people who want to play the field to me (and for some people that really is the case). But I had a similar conversation with a poly woman: she was incapable of loving only one person but to the few who accepted her and loved her back, she gave her love in her return. She's not interested in getting married and has 3 girlfriends and 4 boyfriends last I spoke with her. Sometimes it's one on one dates, sometimes it's group dates. We never even got into the sexual content of her relationships which is how I knew she was serious.

I know not everyone will understand that or, like how I was, they will believe it's just an excuse to cheat or play around. To each their own. But I thought this woman was a very respectable person and I really hope she found her happiness. She was a major sweetheart.

Dex-chan lover
I mean im all right if she was just one of those people that easily cave in to pressure and really couldn't say no, but i really hope theres no fucking NTR ill nope the fuck out.

Her being like that is also pretty iffy in the sense that its okay to like sex and have some fun i guess but it just feels like people taking advantage of a stupid girl and that makes me feel bad, like yes its wholesome shes now being loved but its quite sad shes seen as a convenient girl that puts out, whose at fault here ? Are the guys taking advantage of her weak will ? Her for being a fucking idiot ?

This is also giving me some Emergence vibes and i do not like that, no sir i dont like that at all, weak willed and easily led around girl getting pounded ? "cardboard home flashbacks intensify"

I don't have a problem with a boy dating with someone who dated and had intimate relationships with several others but what makes it so hurtful is that she was like freaking 16 probably when she had sex with her tutor who is probably above 20 i suppose? That's pedophilia and rape and other countries would certainly be treated like that but instead we got the Female lead to say that she is thankful to those people who took advantage of her naivety and what makes it more bad is where were here parents when all these happened and why the hell her sister did not alarmed her parents when she knew about it instead started calling her slut. This is so absurd and fucked up in so many ways that I don't know what to say about this society meguru living on. Sometimes I think it's lot better that I'm not living in a country like Japan who are more concerned about their well image and will do anything to keep that. Being respectful and all are all facade. That girl is a minor and she should been in consultation with a psychologist and teachers about this. She shouldn't be here getting boyfriends and acting like the past was a, bliss.

So satisfying finding dog shit stories like this that enable me to block dozens of users.
I find it deeply satisfying to think that the fools whose comments I read before blocking will have very good odds of having miserable lives, due to suicidal cultural tendencies. For example, their foolish modern ideals of sexual "liberation" and the unimportance of the family unit. Effectively, their decision to cast ancient wisdom and tradition into the fire will with high likelihood ruin their lives, and destroy the degenerate society that they idealized. As their peers regress towards uselessly copulating apes such as the bonobo, they call this regression "progress". All the while, celebrating the annihilation of the culture responsible for the ascendancy of their ancestors. Such delicious irony.

@Siddj
The guy Meguro callled sensei was in high school, he was not an adult and she mentioned that he nicknamed him sensei becuase he was her tutor. The guy broke up with her when he was going to graduate.

Users who are viewing this thread