Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1

Dex-chan lover
@Scrwd oh, I did not know that the stations were at that low of pressure. Is the pressure that much lower? it ain't like 80% +?

Dex-chan lover
iu

😂

There's no reason there shouldn't be carbonated beverages on the space stations, except to protect fools who would drink them in zero gravity environments. The space station simulates gravity, so there shouldn't be an issue drinking carbonated beverages; it's only in low/zero gravity that it may cause issues since the carbonation doesn't evenly distribute. Source NASA

Dex-chan lover
@Scrwd
even if they manage to somewhat to replicate artificial gravity, the pressure in spaceships will still be lower than on planets. Opening a sealed carbonated drink in a spaceship would make it shoot out immediately

...No. Even with our primitive-as-hell technology, the ISS is still at 14.7 PSI for atmospheric pressure... Same as Earth. The only thing the ISS lacks is artificial gravity. Do you mean to tell me that in the future they conquer control over gravity yet somehow are unable to maintain an Earth-like atmospheric pressure? Come on now.

gets a girl half his age.... gets a girl double his age.... "Honestly, there aren't a lot of benefits staying here"

In case anyone is confused about that decarbonated stuff, well, if you are American, then it's those containers of orangey and blue liquid in gallon jugs. You know. In the milk section. They usually outnumber the milk, they're refrigerated, and they do sell. They're not orange juice. They are simply concentrated sugar beverage advertised as BLUEDRANK or punch or whatever. It's okay to be racist. You probably imagined a black person saying BLUEDRANK. That's because they're the primary consumers of these... poisonous things. Why are they decarbonated? Simple. Can you chug a liter of water? Of course - in fact you may have done so during sports in youth on rare occasion. Can you chug a liter of fizzy water? Most people would respond, "Of course not!" And there you have it, one of America's dark secrets hidden in plain sight: concentrated sugar binned to be as rapidly and voluminously consumed as possible by the underclassed, typically priced at cheaper than bottled water containers which are already cheap at these grocery stores (which I'll never understand given that the abodes of these perma-impoverished have drinkable tap water). Why would you price more-sugary-than-soda poison cheaper than literal coca-cola poison?

And now the more you know. So the next time you see an extremely obese black person, it's not because of chicken - you can't get that obese off of meat when you're that poor, and no, the greasiness of many chicken dishes isn't from fat, it's often from the products of the disintegrated tendons, ligaments, skin and more of a slow-cooked chicken and is what makes chicken soup good for you. No, it's literally just the soda, and literally nothing but the soda - not even five of those horrifying candied "fruit" pies per day makes makes thermodynamic equilibrium with that level of obesity. I have never ever in my entire life seen any news station mention this, but my eyes do not deceive me when I go to the grocery store and see, indeed, infinite soda stored for a long time, but also, more frighteningly, much higher sales-volume (in terms of liters of drink) uber-sugar-poison right next to the milk. What a way to raise youngsters, putting the marketed-as-good-for-you punch next to the unaffordable milk!

Now you can have nightmares tonight!

EDIT: for those worried I am being dumb-racist, I'll add that the Mexican-American equivalent are coconut drinks, warnings for which are ubiquitous in small clinics in California (like bluedrank they will mess you up even harder than soda... there is no actual coconut in them). Like bluedrink, the typical Mexican buys them as part of a well-rounded diet... because they actually are coconut for us back in Mexico. Also like bluedrink, their instantaneous stock is small but their sales volume is high. The company that makes the version my grandma won't stop buying also owns the Coca-Cola brand. At least this one actually makes sense because overdosing on literal coconuts won't literally kill you, quite unlike the case with cocodrank. I rather expect this educational comment to be moderated. A number of people laugh at me for saying this sort of stuff, then, for example, their spouses suddenly die of medical complications and waddya know it was the diabeetus, gosh I wonder how that happened.

Author keeps the artificial gravity but removes carbonated drinks because they cause problems in an environment without gravity... hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread