Mieruko-chan - Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
Apm8Oqo.png

Man, that's some shaky train then. Lady beside them be like, "Get a room!"
EwheXdh.png

And there, Miko died. THE END.

Oh look, a stalker, a ghost stalker.

Dex-chan lover
When Miko pointed out he apparently can't leave the train to go after people/spirits I couldn't help but see axe guy as stoop kid. Too afraid to leave his stoop train.

I'm really curious what his origins are though, a number of them had location, injury or metaphor based hints. What kind of dude (if they're a ghost as opposed to some kind of deity or demon) turns into a multi-faced axe-orcist?

Dex-chan lover
I think cthulu michiru would win that fight
Probably, but i think the bag man is a good spirit, since it is eating spirits that go haunting people, and if you don't have one the axe just passes by

And sure Miko peed herself, but nothing actually dangerous happened to her at the end

So it is for the best if they don't fight

Dex-chan lover
Chekov's gun, seen once (anime), seen twice (manga). Probably the resolution for this arc. I bet mr. Pudge Scorpion is very strong.
When Miko pointed out he apparently can't leave the train to go after people/spirits I couldn't help but see axe guy as stoop kid. Too afraid to leave his stoop train.

I'm really curious what his origins are though, a number of them had location, injury or metaphor based hints. What kind of dude (if they're a ghost as opposed to some kind of deity or demon) turns into a multi-faced axe-orcist?

Dex-chan lover
why did she have to be so panicked if all that train dude is just culling down the undesirable apparition?

Dex-chan lover
Oh, come on, it's a chapter about a subway ghost and I go through eight pages of comments and there's not a single "GET OFF MY TRAIN!"?

I mean, the Mieruko-chan subway axe ghost is significantly spookier than the ghost that Vincent Schiavelli played in Jerry Zucker's 1990 Ghost movie starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore but I still suspect that scene had at least a little influence on this chapter.

You people are too quick, 157 comments in just 3 days? Are all of you updating the page everyday, or does this site have a notification feature I'm not aware of?

Anyways, on to my coins:
1. You all seem to be failing to realize one little possibility, that Michiru's tentacles may be weaker now. Or more precisely, be in some sort of weakened or dormant state. Remember, the tentacles react to Michiru's emotions, and it/they shrunk after she made friends with everyone, which can imply that before, she was constantly stressed out, which made the tentacles be in a constant state of alert, hence why it used to attack everything that got too close even when it was unprovoked or "harmless", but now that her main source of stress was relieved, the tentacles, too, aren't as active, so it's possible that unless something becomes a direct threat to Michiru herself, the tentacles won't do anything (or even not have any "fuel" to do so).
(in terms of video games, it's something similar to when a boss joins the party and becomes considerably weaker)

Next coins are replies:
I think the whole swinging part is how Miko see it. We already know that everyone perceive ghosts differently and Miko specifically see almost every ghost as an abomination. In her case "norma-looking" ghosts is actually bad news (aside from her dad?). And we don't even know that Michiru "tentacles" posses her and are harmful. Maybe it's some kind of natural protection or just a reflection of her mental state.
I don't think the perception thing is that extreme. Remember that when Romm explained it, he said the difference between him and Miko was merely of opacity, as he can see the ghosts but can still see past them, while Miko sees them as completely solid, so I think the "unassuming middle-aged guy" is an exception rather than the rule (also, considering the video Romm showed Miko, Michiru's tentacles are some kind of natural spirit, and most likely benevolent).

Train Hatchet Ghost Hunter truly is one of the coolest in this series, unfortunate that he's stuck in trains... But that's what the author wants YOU to think
He probably died in that train, hence being stuck there.

100%, we've seen plenty of spirit that nor human nor animal spirit that have certain "task"
this axe guy cleansing possession on train, the Gate attendant on famires, the Wheelchair Pusher on Hospital and there's chance the Doggo with Miko's dad is one of them.
He's judging Every Spirit Entering Miko Resident (iirc if it's non threatening he'll mark them as "bitter" so he probably eat them) and he's the one who scared the Daruma Ghost from entering too.

Normal Ghost probably Won't stand Chance at all against them or they're impossible to defeat, i guess michiru Forest Spirit are in that category too so Miko getting worked up over it make them 100x funnier
While I'll agree on the "Wheelchair Pusher" and the "Famires Goatman" being a tier above and having duties to fulfill, I doubt "Axeperson" and "Dad's horse" are the same... Allow me to paint a little scenery here:
>Guy is bullied in life
Eventually decides to become some kind of punisher/vigilante who hunts bullies
Guy dies in the train
In death, he continues to fulfill his self imposed duty
As time passes, he starts to lose his sense of self, his "duty" becoming his "being"
Again, as time passes, even memories fade and disappear, his "duty" becoming actions without motivation, turning from "hunting bullies" to just "hunting", with "ghosts hiding away inside people" being a pretty appealing target
Appearance becomes distorted as his "duty" is fueled by hatred, also giving him considerable strength
Of course, this is all conjecture, but this is my view on the "guy".
Also, "normal ghosts probably won't stand a chance at all against them" is a pretty safe conclusion, but "impossible to defeat" certainly isn't, specially if we put Michiru's tentacles in the same category, remember, the big boss of the small old men was totally gonna crush Michiru's tentacles weren't they buffed by Hana's aura.

I honestly wonder if Miko x Michiru will actually go anywhere, it's not subtext since Michiru really is in love with Miko, but most mangas rarely tease this hard, sure part of the whole situation was for comedy, but it didn't feel like it was making fun of the possible yuri, just of Miko being a total weirdo in public due to her panic.

Is it just me or this is one of the few times our hopes for yuri in a non yuri manga might actually go somewhere? :angery:
Hopefully with a side of Hana x Yuria too.
Hopefully.

this series been going on for 6 years, and the story's barely moving...
Someday you'll realize that this is a SoL manga with "plot" and "development" as side things.
As long as it keeps being interesting, it can maintain a status quo and keep going "without moving" for the next 20 years as far as i'm concerned.

Really not a fan of the GL baiting. Hopefully the author doesn't make it anything more than just a running gag. Please don't ruin this manga by making any canon romance between the girls, PLEASE. Seriously not a fan of the new girl, she was a mistake to add
Really not a fan of the GL baiting. Hopefully the author doesn't keep it as just a running gag. Please don't ruin this manga by fearing making any canon romance between the girls, PLEASE. Seriously a fan of Michiru, she was a blessing to add.

----
That's it. If I keep going, I'll take an entire page by myself, so I'll stop here. Thank you for anyone who sacrificed some of their time to read this Wall of Text.

Dex-chan lover
While I'll agree on the "Wheelchair Pusher" and the "Famires Goatman" being a tier above and having duties to fulfill, I doubt "Axeperson" and "Dad's horse" are the same... Allow me to paint a little scenery here:
>Guy is bullied in life

Of course, this is all conjecture, but this is my view on the "guy".
Also, "normal ghosts probably won't stand a chance at all against them" is a pretty safe conclusion, but "impossible to defeat" certainly isn't, specially if we put Michiru's tentacles in the same category, remember, the big boss of the small old men was totally gonna crush Michiru's tentacles weren't they buffed by Hana's aura.
Lmao, i Mean you Just make fanfic out of thin air while my explanation are simpler and actually makes sense.
the guy is same type as the other spitit like wheelchair pusher,Famires Gatekeeper, Michiru Forest Spirit.
Michiru Spirit Known to React to Any type of Ghost even when they are not harmful. the little boomer are became snack and he attacked miko's dad with slight trigger. but he didn't attacked the dog ? why is that ? they are the same type of guardian spirit
it's the same thing with the axe guy, she didn't react at all when in normal scenario she'll 100% reacted the first time the axe guy make a move. why is that ? they are the same type of guardian spirit

for the " Big Boss of Old boomer gonna crush michiru" its untrue either, Remember when they first attack? The tentacle didn't react at all because michiru Feeling are conflicted with something else not until she saw miko crying then its became violent.
it's the same thing here, the tentacle didn't put a fight or react because michiru feeling are unease with Hana It's only start reacting after Michiru Confirmed that Hana is her friend too

Users who are viewing this thread