Mieruko-chan - Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
You people are too quick, 157 comments in just 3 days? Are all of you updating the page everyday, or does this site have a notification feature I'm not aware of?

Anyways, on to my coins:
1. You all seem to be failing to realize one little possibility, that Michiru's tentacles may be weaker now. Or more precisely, be in some sort of weakened or dormant state. Remember, the tentacles react to Michiru's emotions, and it/they shrunk after she made friends with everyone, which can imply that before, she was constantly stressed out, which made the tentacles be in a constant state of alert, hence why it used to attack everything that got too close even when it was unprovoked or "harmless", but now that her main source of stress was relieved, the tentacles, too, aren't as active, so it's possible that unless something becomes a direct threat to Michiru herself, the tentacles won't do anything (or even not have any "fuel" to do so).
(in terms of video games, it's something similar to when a boss joins the party and becomes considerably weaker)

Next coins are replies:

I don't think the perception thing is that extreme. Remember that when Romm explained it, he said the difference between him and Miko was merely of opacity, as he can see the ghosts but can still see past them, while Miko sees them as completely solid, so I think the "unassuming middle-aged guy" is an exception rather than the rule (also, considering the video Romm showed Miko, Michiru's tentacles are some kind of natural spirit, and most likely benevolent).

He probably died in that train, hence being stuck there.

While I'll agree on the "Wheelchair Pusher" and the "Famires Goatman" being a tier above and having duties to fulfill, I doubt "Axeperson" and "Dad's horse" are the same... Allow me to paint a little scenery here:
>Guy is bullied in life

Of course, this is all conjecture, but this is my view on the "guy".
Also, "normal ghosts probably won't stand a chance at all against them" is a pretty safe conclusion, but "impossible to defeat" certainly isn't, specially if we put Michiru's tentacles in the same category, remember, the big boss of the small old men was totally gonna crush Michiru's tentacles weren't they buffed by Hana's aura.

Hopefully.

Someday you'll realize that this is a SoL manga with "plot" and "development" as side things.
As long as it keeps being interesting, it can maintain a status quo and keep going "without moving" for the next 20 years as far as i'm concerned.

Really not a fan of the GL baiting. Hopefully the author doesn't keep it as just a running gag. Please don't ruin this manga by fearing making any canon romance between the girls, PLEASE. Seriously a fan of Michiru, she was a blessing to add.

----
That's it. If I keep going, I'll take an entire page by myself, so I'll stop here. Thank you for anyone who sacrificed some of their time to read this Wall of Text.
Michiru is a fucking mistake. The GL shit is cringe. Hopefully the relationship stays platonic. Why ruin this manga? Fucking retards

Dex-chan lover
Judging by the eye lashes, the train axe ghost looks like have female left eye and 3 mouths too. Is it a reference for Cerberus or the other diety that can rotate between 3 faces?

Scorpion tail too? It got ranges, that's for sure. I am surprised the only thing happens to Miko was underwear disaster.

Lmao, i Mean you Just make fanfic out of thin air while my explanation are simpler and actually makes sense.
the guy is same type as the other spitit like wheelchair pusher,Famires Gatekeeper, Michiru Forest Spirit.
Michiru Spirit Known to React to Any type of Ghost even when they are not harmful. the little boomer are became snack and he attacked miko's dad with slight trigger. but he didn't attacked the dog ? why is that ? they are the same type of guardian spirit
it's the same thing with the axe guy, she didn't react at all when in normal scenario she'll 100% reacted the first time the axe guy make a move. why is that ? they are the same type of guardian spirit

for the " Big Boss of Old boomer gonna crush michiru" its untrue either, Remember when they first attack? The tentacle didn't react at all because michiru Feeling are conflicted with something else not until she saw miko crying then its became violent.
it's the same thing here, the tentacle didn't put a fight or react because michiru feeling are unease with Hana It's only start reacting after Michiru Confirmed that Hana is her friend too
I believe all fanfic is made out of thin air, but that's besides the point.
Now, while it's true that my assumption is based more on general knowledge of japanese ghosts and curses rather than just what we are shown in this manga, I was merely presenting a scenario that explain "AxeGuy"'s behavior through motivation (many scenarios can lead to this outcome, so the example itself isn't that important), beyond just saying "it's his task" and calling it a day. After all, "Wheelchair Pusher" is clear that it's taking people to the otherside when they die, and "Famires Goatman" says "Sorry for the wait" or something and all the ghosts in the restaurant line up to meet their fate, meanwhile "AxeGuy" just blindly swings his axe in the hopes of hitting something instead of knowing from the get go, so just my impression here, but the first 2 really seen the have an "assined task" while the 3rd feels self imposed.
Not trying to change your mind btw, we're both making assumptions based on what we want to believe, and it's fairly possible that I end up completely wrong (not that we'll ever know).
That said, regarding Michiru's tentacles, as I said in my previous post, I'm assuming it's now in some sort of dormant/weakened state, due to Michiru's situation having been relieved considerably, hence why it didn't react to "AxeGuy", and as for "Dad's Horse" when it (the tentacles) was still in the "active/aggressive state", my view on the situation is that, the tentacles tried to attack Miko's dad, "Horse" stopped the attack, then the tentacles retracted, not because it "sensed the Horse was okay or the same as itself", but because it concluded that were they to fight, it would lose (as the tentacle was struggling to escape the Horse's grasp, but the Horse was holding it effortlessly), and as such, decided to avoid further conflict since the Horse didn't immediately retaliate. And finally, for the "Big Boss of Old boomer", I can only say: I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to believe that Michiru's tentacles would win against something that tore off 2 tentacles in full attack mode just because "it was distracted with something else and would then focus on the fight"...

Michiru is a fucking mistake. The GL shit is cringe. Hopefully the relationship stays platonic. Why ruin this manga? Fucking retards

y4zezVc.png

Dex-chan lover
I believe all fanfic is made out of thin air, but that's besides the point.
Now, while it's true that my assumption is based more on general knowledge of japanese ghosts and curses rather than just what we are shown in this manga, I was merely presenting a scenario that explain "AxeGuy"'s behavior through motivation (many scenarios can lead to this outcome, so the example itself isn't that important), beyond just saying "it's his task" and calling it a day. After all, "Wheelchair Pusher" is clear that it's taking people to the otherside when they die, and "Famires Goatman" says "Sorry for the wait" or something and all the ghosts in the restaurant line up to meet their fate, meanwhile "AxeGuy" just blindly swings his axe in the hopes of hitting something instead of knowing from the get go, so just my impression here, but the first 2 really seen the have an "assined task" while the 3rd feels self imposed.
Not trying to change your mind btw, we're both making assumptions based on what we want to believe, and it's fairly possible that I end up completely wrong (not that we'll ever know).
That said, regarding Michiru's tentacles, as I said in my previous post, I'm assuming it's now in some sort of dormant/weakened state, due to Michiru's situation having been relieved considerably, hence why it didn't react to "AxeGuy", and as for "Dad's Horse" when it (the tentacles) was still in the "active/aggressive state", my view on the situation is that, the tentacles tried to attack Miko's dad, "Horse" stopped the attack, then the tentacles retracted, not because it "sensed the Horse was okay or the same as itself", but because it concluded that were they to fight, it would lose (as the tentacle was struggling to escape the Horse's grasp, but the Horse was holding it effortlessly), and as such, decided to avoid further conflict since the Horse didn't immediately retaliate. And finally, for the "Big Boss of Old boomer", I can only say: I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to believe that Michiru's tentacles would win against something that tore off 2 tentacles in full attack mode just because "it was distracted with something else and would then focus on the fight"...

y4zezVc.png
not really, some fanfic use the information from the original works and tried to expand from it. lots of touhou doujin works did that.
well again, the scenario are complete fanfic out of thin air instead actually using the information presented o=in the manga itself which is fine if you just want to write it for yourself but you use that to debunk my point and that's make it 100% invalid.
well it's clear as day what the axeguy intent are, Killing the ghost who possesed people he just doesn't have way to detect them and it's not like he'll causing harm at all to the innocent and not even michiru Spirit can detect "malice" perfectly, she almost killed miko dad until the doggo stop him.

it's not weakened state, like i hope you actually read the manga and not speed read because you seems confused or didn't know any detail at all. the tentacle retracted inside her body because michiru worries about her being "not normal" are put behind her now. she felt like she can be herself and not have to hide her face anymore behind any veil. it's so in your face i'm so surprised you missed them at all lol

it is not lmao, the doggo judge the Tentacles as non harmful. he'll marked them as "bitter" and the tentacles also realized the dad is not an enemy. you really need to pay attention more, my dude

omg dude, you are speed reading right ? how come you missed something so obvious and in your face.
THE TENTACLES DIDN'T MOVE AT ALL, it's even show them curled and facing down because michiru are good in nature and didn't really want to hurt hana. they even show them side by side with the curled tentacles and michiru hand Holding the Pencil. how come you missed that ? like seriously ? how come you missed any of that ?

please re-read the entire manga, you hold your fanfic so above the actual fact that you can actually see it by yourself in the manga.
again, you can write your fanfic but don't use it and make it as an argument

Last edited:
not really, some fanfic use the information from the original works and tried to expand from it. lots of touhou doujin works did that.
well again, the scenario are complete fanfic out of thin air instead actually using the information presented o=in the manga itself which is fine if you just want to write it for yourself but you use that to debunk my point and that's make it 100% invalid.
well it's clear as day what the axeguy intent are, Killing the ghost who possesed people he just doesn't have way to detect them and it's not like he'll causing harm at all to the innocent and not even michiru Spirit can detect "malice" perfectly, she almost killed miko dad until the doggo stop him.

it's not weakened state, like i hope you actually read the manga and not speed read because you seems confused or didn't know any detail at all. the tentacle retracted inside her body because michiru worries about her being "not normal" are put behind her now. she felt like she can be herself and not have to hide her face anymore behind any veil. it's so in your face i'm so surprised you missed them at all lol

it is not lmao, the doggo judge the Tentacles as non harmful. he'll marked them as "bitter" and the tentacles also realized the dad is not an enemy. you really need to pay attention more, my dude

omg dude, you are speed reading right ? how come you missed something so obvious and in your face.
THE TENTACLES DIDN'T MOVE AT ALL, it's even show them curled and facing down because michiru are good in nature and didn't really want to hurt hana. they even show them side by side with the curled tentacles and michiru hand Holding the Pencil. how come you missed that ? like seriously ? how come you missed any of that ?

please re-read the entire manga, you hold your fanfic so above the actual fact that you can actually see it by yourself in the manga.
again, you can write your fanfic but don't use it and make it as an argument
Well, this is pointless.
Me calling it a "weakened state" is for lack of better word, but it's still clea- I guess there wasn't enough time for the change in behavior to be entirely confirmed, so I'll retract that statement.
Everything else I'm afraid we will simply not see eye to eye.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is pointless.
Me calling it a "weakened state" is for lack of better word, but it's still clea- I guess there wasn't enough time for the change in behavior to be entirely confirmed, so I'll retract that statement.
Everything else I'm afraid we will simply not see eye to eye.
wdym ? there's none to suggest that she's weakened. it's a symbolism for Michiru Not hiding herself anymore.
it's a fact, anything suggest that the spirit are weakened are 0 evidence. so you are wrong, simple as that

well doesn't matter if you are not ale to see eye to eye, do you have any evidence to support all of your claim ? you can't and i can do it and i just did that above there
so you are completely wrong and decided that your fanfic are hold true above the actual manga itself, it's your problem not mine.
but you are just 100% wrong about everything simple as that

why did she have to be so panicked if all that train dude is just culling down the undesirable apparition?
as shown with her wetting herself because she did get axe'd, she didn't want to experience getting axe'd again. because even if she knows it wont hurt her, it's still frightening to experience an axe going through your head

Dex-chan lover
You people are too quick, 157 comments in just 3 days? Are all of you updating the page everyday, or does this site have a notification feature I'm not aware of?

Anyways, on to my coins:
1. You all seem to be failing to realize one little possibility, that Michiru's tentacles may be weaker now. Or more precisely, be in some sort of weakened or dormant state. Remember, the tentacles react to Michiru's emotions, and it/they shrunk after she made friends with everyone, which can imply that before, she was constantly stressed out, which made the tentacles be in a constant state of alert, hence why it used to attack everything that got too close even when it was unprovoked or "harmless", but now that her main source of stress was relieved, the tentacles, too, aren't as active, so it's possible that unless something becomes a direct threat to Michiru herself, the tentacles won't do anything (or even not have any "fuel" to do so).
(in terms of video games, it's something similar to when a boss joins the party and becomes considerably weaker)

Next coins are replies:

I don't think the perception thing is that extreme. Remember that when Romm explained it, he said the difference between him and Miko was merely of opacity, as he can see the ghosts but can still see past them, while Miko sees them as completely solid, so I think the "unassuming middle-aged guy" is an exception rather than the rule (also, considering the video Romm showed Miko, Michiru's tentacles are some kind of natural spirit, and most likely benevolent).

He probably died in that train, hence being stuck there.

While I'll agree on the "Wheelchair Pusher" and the "Famires Goatman" being a tier above and having duties to fulfill, I doubt "Axeperson" and "Dad's horse" are the same... Allow me to paint a little scenery here:
>Guy is bullied in life

Of course, this is all conjecture, but this is my view on the "guy".
Also, "normal ghosts probably won't stand a chance at all against them" is a pretty safe conclusion, but "impossible to defeat" certainly isn't, specially if we put Michiru's tentacles in the same category, remember, the big boss of the small old men was totally gonna crush Michiru's tentacles weren't they buffed by Hana's aura.

Hopefully.

Someday you'll realize that this is a SoL manga with "plot" and "development" as side things.
As long as it keeps being interesting, it can maintain a status quo and keep going "without moving" for the next 20 years as far as i'm concerned.

Really not a fan of the GL baiting. Hopefully the author doesn't keep it as just a running gag. Please don't ruin this manga by fearing making any canon romance between the girls, PLEASE. Seriously a fan of Michiru, she was a blessing to add.

----
That's it. If I keep going, I'll take an entire page by myself, so I'll stop here. Thank you for anyone who sacrificed some of their time to read this Wall of Text.
oar2.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that Miko seeing ghost like this is their "true" form. Maybe it's her mental state make them so hideous. Or it's some kind of protections(from her father maybe?) so she's not fooled by them. So all things good and bad, are perceived as "scary". The only exclusions are her dad, divine stuff and that one ghost that's bad news - maybe it's so strong that it can "fool" Miko "sight". Or it's not a ghost but something else supernatural.

I don't think that Miko seeing ghost like this is their "true" form. Maybe it's her mental state make them so hideous. Or it's some kind of protections(from her father maybe?) so she's not fooled by them. So all things good and bad, are perceived as "scary". The only exclusions are her dad, divine stuff and that one ghost that's bad news - maybe it's so strong that it can "fool" Miko "sight". Or it's not a ghost but something else supernatural.
Once again, I'm using external information for my assumptions, but there's some evidence that what she sees is the same as others, namely:
  • There were 2 instances where we see the ghost before Miko is even involved, the 2 ghosts that start following Hana around (but of course, that could easily be the author not wanting us to know that she sees things different from others);
  • Miko sees Gouzuka's cats and wife normally, if it was a perception issue, there would be no reason for her to not see them as monstrous as well (her dad being an exception would make sense, but Gouzuka's wife is completely unrelated to her), on the other hand, in case someone wants to point out that Gouzuka's wife is "good" and thus the reason Miko sees her normally, there was one chapter where Miko helps out an old lady and a ghost guy follows her and keeps repeating numbers, which turn out to be the code for the old lady's safe, and the guy even thanks Miko afterward, which would mean that he's also "good", but she still saw him as a darker, scarier figure;
  • Last and most important, when Julia takes Romm's "Haunted Tour", we see the average ghosts in Julia's eyes, and they are the same Miko sees, and the bridge one, that only Romm could see, was pretty "hideous", without Miko being there at all (there's also that one ghost that kept breaking Mitsue's bracelets, that Mitsue could tell something was there, but couldn't see it, after on, when talking to Romm, we see that ghost again, and Mitsue, a little more powerful now, was then able to see the outlines of it).
Not to mention that Miko was already fooled twice, by a little boy in the park (which she was saved by the mountain god's priestesses) and a granny at the hospital (saved by Michiru's tentacles).
I won't claim that what I say is the truth, but in many japanese media and stories about ghosts, there are mentions of ghosts losing their form and becoming monstrous as they lose their sense of self with time, so as long as the manga doesn't deny that possibility, this is what I'm choosing to believe.

Dex-chan lover
Author-san knows what he's doing. Happy pride month! I'm glad this manga have yuri

keep crying foxdie, have a cookie, it had to be hard for you

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Wait... are the axe-kun is one of their agent? It doing "cleaning" job

Dex-chan lover
In my mind it's because Michurus tentacle spirit is guarding her and when she's made true friends with Miko's group the spirit started to lay off a little. That's why Miko now sees her face and top of her body in the scene where they take a picture.

Edit: also it's always a good time when I see this being updated! Thanks for the chapter
Yeah that was my thought. Tentacles has calmed waaaaaaay the fuck down

Dex-chan lover
great chapter.

we havent really seen any indications that ghosts do affect humans here. we see them trying to get Miko but never really touched her aside from the axe guy here. because usually the ghosts gets exorcised or fight another spirit.

so its a valid point to be scared since she doesnt know if ghosts can hurt her.
We don't know what would happen if say, the ghost boy holding a balloon that Miko accidentally waved to managed to get to her, but I remember chapters with Hana and Julia respectively where it seemed like strong ghosts could affect humans.

In the chapter where Hana helps a kid retrieve his friend's charm(?) from a river a river ghost approaches her.

River spirit approaches and does something -> Hana starts drowning.

The ghost of the kid's friend shows up and starts fighting the river spirit -> Hana stops drowning.

In the chapter where Julia goes on a ghost tour led by Rom, Julia can see most of the ghosts on the tour except for one that shows up on a bridge. Right when it shows up the bridge railing Julia's holding onto crumbles and she almost falls off.

I'd guess that some ghosts are completely harmless to humans, some are harmless unless they realize a human can see them, and some have specific circumstances where they can and will affect the real world to harm humans.

Users who are viewing this thread