Mieruko-chan - Vol. 5 Ch. 33

Good doggo guardian spirit is a surprise revelation unless I've forgotten something.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully the ending will be Miko can't see ghost anymore. She already suffers too much

Huh wonder if that ghost we first saw and that dead dude were the same ghost ?

I bet Romm is trying to sacrifice Miko and Hana to the creepy shrine. In one of the previous chapters, there was a flashback of child Romm praying at the shrine. Like Miko, he probably went to the shrine for help and found himself with a debt to be paid. Seeing the tension between Mrs. Mitsue and Romm and how she doesn't want Miko to be near Romm, Mrs. Mitsue probably knows or has her suspicions about his intentions.

Ok, so I have a theory about the way spirits and death work.

People who led a good life and were decent enough to their fellow men, like the old man, who have no regrets/unfinished business are granted some free time to do whatever. Like deliver a message in the case of the old man. And then they move on to the afterlife.

Spirits with unfinished business get more corrupted the more time they remain, but are generally not malicious, like that businessman with the safe code from 20 or so chapters back. After their business is concluded, they can finally move on, but are unable without an assistance due to sustained corruption, hence why their corrupted forms have to be eaten to be cleansed. After which they move on to the afterlife. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.

Then theres the spirits who have unfinished business and said business can no longer be fulfilled or the spirit has lingered on for far too long - those are forcibly removed by the entities like the cafe spirit.

Then there are guardian spirits, those that were loyal to a person in life, so they guard them in death, like the bakeneko or the dog spirit. Since we do not see a lot of guardian spirits around, it is probably safe to assume that they move on to the afterlife after the person they are guarding dies.

Then there are actively malicious spirits. Serial killers, abusers, you name it, corrupted in life, heavily corrupted in death, they latch onto unsuspecting mortals, leeching off of them, being dicks in general, those can only be exorcised by a strong medium or get their asses kicked by a far stronger spirit.

@missbluesunglasses I'm also curious about how Miko started seeing ghosts. We know that Julia started seeing when she was young and was judged by the people around her to be an attention seeker. It doesn't seem like her family knows she can see ghosts (if she could see since she was little or from when she was born, I'm pretty sure her family would know) so my guess is that she started seeing would she was older and knew to keep it a secret. But that doesn't explain why she can see and why she can see so much more clearly than Julia or Mrs. Mitsue.

Dex-chan lover
page 8 :
- shady guy : how about a date with me ? you see that very expensive cafe over there ? next to it is a very cheap vending machine , lol , i will buy you some tea . here is your "tea" : red bean soup , lol . have a seat on this dirty towel instead of having a seat in the cafe , lol .

page 16 : remember , girls , never go to some mountains while alone with some guys , especially extremely shady guys , because you will get **** , lol .

page 17 : so i guess hana is the key for the shrine to show up . IIRC , in a previous chapter , miko went back to this mountain without hana , and the shrine didnt appear .

last page : miko faces her fears for the sake of her best friend , her lover .

i love seeing that dog spirit just curling around the old man, so happy about that for some reason.

just realized i caught up again, time for the long waities.

Users who are viewing this thread