Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Perfect Yellow

Dex-chan lover
Horror times incoming. Also, it has to be the mark she has on her neck that prevents her to talk to Aizawa-san, right? Trauma aside, what else would make the ghost fade away like that? If not the mark being the only cause, it at least has to be part of the problem. Or maybe even the “power” itself has the limitation that once you recognise the ghosts as non-human, it all goes south. With the little girl it was when other people say there was no one there (Michi “thought” what is that then?) and with Honami she knows she is dead, she knows it’s a ghost, unlike Senpai who is a dumbass and much like Michi as a child thinks is just another girl walking around.

Also will Aizawa-san increase her gay shenanigans after what Honda said? That shit eating grin tells me she would try to :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
i thought the twist was gonna be michis dad was a ghost too, like in mieruko-chan

edit: good to see were all on the same page lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She would only he capable of doing that if she was the one that bound her.
Why do you figure? Now she's bound to her neck and Aizawa's own desk, the desk binding could've been anyone couldn't it? And the neck just happens to match it, which was done after she saw the bottom of the desk.

Clearly subconsciously she knows more than she realizes what with how it got there in the first place and how her dream younger stuff was proactive, but still. I don't see why she'd have to have started it.

Either way, I mean, a reason she's at the school is because that's where the star under her desk is, in part. Probably not only that, but it's certainly a factor.

Dex-chan lover
I also appreciate Kasumi just straight up saying she’s gay and wouldn’t be interested in Sayaka the same way if she wasn’t a girl.
yeah I really like that in no small part because a girl who is unabashedly forward, optimistic to a fault, and always ready to make a fool of herself because she can see ghosts is like very endearing to me, but if a guy had those traits I would think he was the most annoying motherfucker on the planet lmao.

Aggregator gang
20230810_203923.jpg

Group Leader
S89eFQs.png

So the title of the chapter is actually a reference to Satoshi Kon's Perfect Blue. I don't know if there's a deeper connection there, but there are implications to be drawn, considering it's a psychological thriller about an idol dealing with the darker sides of fame.

Yellow was Aizawa's signature color in De:Lphinus. It also has a special connection to horror, with famous stories like The Yellow Wallpaper or The King in Yellow. I don't know if yellow has the exact same context in Japanese horror, but it's an interesting color. It's hard to get right. It can represent luxury and abundance, like gold and wheat, but just the slightest shift in hue and it represents decay, sickness, deterioration. It fades easily too.

It could also just be that she's blonde, but hey.

Thank you for uploading! I’m so curious to see what happens next broo😭😭 it got even more interesting

Dex-chan lover
S89eFQs.png

So the title of the chapter is actually a reference to Satoshi Kon's Perfect Blue. I don't know if there's a deeper connection there, but there are implications to be drawn, considering it's a psychological thriller about an idol dealing with the darker sides of fame.

Yellow was Aizawa's signature color in De:Lphinus. It also has a special connection to horror, with famous stories like The Yellow Wallpaper or The King in Yellow. I don't know if yellow has the exact same context in Japanese horror, but it's an interesting color. It's hard to get right. It can represent luxury and abundance, like gold and wheat, but just the slightest shift in hue and it represents decay, sickness, deterioration. It fades easily too.

It could also just be that she's blonde, but hey.

That's a good catch! Putting the illustrations side by side makes it look so blatant that it would be tacky if it was just a throwaway reference. Or that's what I would say, but I would have totally missed it if you hadn't pointed it out...

This manga has featured of a spooky mystery plot from the start, so it's nice to see it develop bit by bit.

Dex-chan lover
Remember kids, never talk to strangers. Or ghosts.

So now we have confirmation Michi is experiencing gaps in her memory with at least 3 confirmed incidents (her first meeting with Kasumi, Sayaka seeing her talking with Aizawa, the summer festival). From the way she was acting at the end, this could potentially be a 4th incident of her memory getting wiped? Maybe her younger self(?) is responsible? Either an overprotective guardian, or maybe something not so neatly good or evil. Was she the one that blocked Michi from talking to Aizawa, or was it something on Aizawa's side?

I'm so excited to see the mysteries taking off; I never thought it'd run this deep when I picked it up. All I knew I was getting into was a silly manga about a dumb gay ghost. We now have 3 major overarching mysteries: Why did Aizawa die/what makes her unique from other ghosts? Why does Michi have an automated defense system that won't allow her to speak with Aizawa? And what do the marks mean, and how do they bind these two together? Two literal star-crossed lovers: now we've got a story.

Random other details: The calendar says October. There's a flier for the Koga (古賀) Festival, which is a city in Fukuoka. Sayaka drew an odd shadow over Aizawa which I'm not about to overlook. Kasumi and Sayaka are the cutest couple. I'm getting more curious why Michi's mom isn't around, considering it's a story about ghosts. With memory loss, it's also now possible Michi was the one who made the mark binding Aizawa in the first place. Given all the emphasis on how childlike Aizawa is, is she missing memories too? Does this explain Sayaka's density, or was she just born perfect?

And here's some heavy speculation. There's no direct evidence, but the possibility's open, and it's a strong possibility...

It's October. The summer festival would have been about ~2 months ago. Michi can't remember what happened that night.
Aizawa died ~2 months ago. Something horrifying?
Yeah ... and here I'm only thinking she got cursed by someone...

She probably experience bad things coz in the early chapter she said there's nothing good if a ghost knew she can see them... so she keeps pretending no to notice them.. and yes how did aizawa died????

Double-page supporter
This is a Long Post so stay with me on this.

Theory
Not sure if this has been pointed out but the symbol that consistently appears could potentially be Aizawa'a and Michi's initials. I might be reaching but the symbol itself looks like this "AAA" and when separated it becomes "A AA", and if we assume the middle dash of the A is extended as you might do when writing a signature, you get "A M", Aizawa's and Michi's combined initials.

If we work under this assumption, this suggests that Aizawa and Michi have known each other longer than we originally led to believe which seems to be outright stated by Sayaka in this chapter. What's also interesting is in the sketch Sayaka drew, Aizawa's entire left side is crosshatched as if Sayaka is shading that part of Aizawa's body. This leads me to believe that Aizawa appears burnt on the left side of her body to Sayaka.

Crackpot Theory
With this, plus the gaps in memory Michi has, I believe that Michi witnessed Aizawa's death and is also the one who bounded her to the school. My guess, Michi and Aizawa met up at the Summer Festival, Michi saw a scary/shady figure around her as she was walking with Aizawa but ignored it thinking it was a ghost when in reality it was a person. Said person captures both Michi and Aizawa, attempts to kill them in a fire, ends up mortally wounding Aizawa, Michi is able to escape (somehow), and then the symbol plays a role. While this is happening, Sayaka is also at the Summer Festival and hears a girl crying. She goes in the direction but stumbles as a result of a ghost grabbing her leg. Now since only Sayaka was able to hear the girl crying, that means it was a ghost crying which I believe is either "Child Michi Ghost" (the one we see in an earlier chapter, uncomfirmed what it is exactly) crying over the loss of her friend or Ghost Aizawa crying because Michi will soon be joining her if no one saves her.

Rereading, we have Aizawa's confirmed date of death to be August 20th (Chapter 4 for reference)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chapter 13 is taking too long so I was reading this again and just noticed something. Someone might have pointed it out already.
F6kumKRXwAA3E9P
F6kuktCXkAAa2rS

It's probably the same outfit, Sayaka just sucks at drawing. The shadowy figure on the last page looks a lot like Aizawa. It could be walking towards her, or it's Aizawa ghost leaving, by the way Michi's head is down and the whole vibe is that of the end of a festival.

Also how the heck did Michi get a summer festival date with an idol? The picture senpai drew is probably what she saw in the festival next to one food stands or something, right? What if she was lowkey brainwashed by something from the get go? Possession that blocks your memories since it's technically not you? Maybe Aizawa was the possessed one tho, seeing the dark figure is above her. Or the Aizawa that senpai saw walking with Michi is already the ghost of dead Aizawa, but before whatever the heck happened to get her bound to the classroom.

Group Leader
Just in case anyone's wondering, Dorothy took September off to work on the volume and is also now taking an unplanned break in October. Chapter 13 should be out in November. Dorothy is sorry for the delay and also "excited/scared to see reactions" to 13, whatever that means. Volume 2 also releases on November 8th. I might have that out before the chapter. No I wouldn't drop this.

Users who are viewing this thread