Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Neo, the Exorcist

Group Leader
Confirmation
  • All the ghosts up until now have been weaksauce
  • Michi needs to protect Aizawa(?) from (???)
  • Michi has become a certified ghost-puncher
Yep we're a battle manga now.

We were long overdue to meet a character with some spiritual know-how. Neo's wording is purposefully vague (she always uses 'that/that thing/the one here/it') so I didn't want to directly attribute her dialogue to Aizawa. It's already hard enough guessing her connection to Michi.

It is possible Neo is referring to the young Michi, or even the mark itself, given the way she flipped sides the moment she saw both. But it seems clear she recognized Michi from the start and knew this was her school; it felt like she was testing Michi to see if her memories were still gone. You can also get a glimpse of Neo's cool cat/demon pupils when she appeared at the window, which might be more than just a stylistic choice. And of course 'Karasuma' uses the kanji for 'crow', like her inky crow familiars. She mentions she was given her powers, which makes you wonder by what?

If Neo has some kind of pact with a ghost it could explain her eyes but also why she couldn't enter the school until she found a weak point in the barrier(?) and had her crows open it up? I'm assuming that's what happened? Interesting there's a barrier keeping things out of the school in the first place, not just Aizawa in, and that it apparently doesn't prevent minor ghosts from entering, just strong ones? Like a shark barrier. It seems almost certain Michi is the one who constructed to begin with.

A last bit of Neo trivia but Dorothy is crazy for height gap/giantess yuri so it was only a matter of time before taller girls started showing up.

It's hard to tell how much Aizawa knows; maybe she recognized Neo too? But one thing's for sure: that girl does not want to give up on life, and it's nice seeing Michi come around to that fact after spending the last volume denying it, likely to cope with her own powerless insecurity and feelings for Aizawa that keep getting harder to ignore. Sure Michi, that ghost isn't special to you.

It hit surprisingly hard seeing the girl who's communicated through bubbly dumb dork expressions for 99% of the manga suddenly terrified for her unlife. At least she's finally able to touch Michi, which Michi is just going to have to learn to love.

The drama club's whiteboard says 12 days till the festival, presumably? Safe bet this volume is going to have some festival dates. You don't set up a spooky dark maze if Michi's not going to get felt up by Aizawa in there.

The Seta bullying never stops. It's a little fascinating how Dorothy worked a token guy into a yuri manga to act as an easy plot device and punching bag without feeling egregious, out of place, or a shipping target. Truly the embodiment of 'I'm here too'.

Dex-chan lover
The Seta bullying never stops. It's a little fascinating how Dorothy worked a token guy into a yuri manga to act as an easy plot device and punching bag without feeling egregious, out of place, or a shipping target. Truly the embodiment of 'I'm here too'.
I really love Seta. He serves to make the world feel a bit more real and less like the yuri-pocket-dimension of so many other highschool yuri manga while also being really funny and super useful for the plot.

Dex-chan lover
the way Neo mentioned Michi at the end, she might’ve known what happened to Michi in the past and the mark behind her neck. which might be cause of her lost memory? and she mentioned about the source is still remains outside the school, i presume it’s the place where Kasumi and Sayaka went to during summer festival before.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the more her presence manifests the worse things might be. I don't know if it's supposed to be a good thing that she's becoming more able to affect the world around her and Michi. We'll see. I hope not because that could end up very bittersweet, though it would be an interesting setup based on what's happened so far.

Dex-chan lover
Btw, the fuzzy things are the irises. karasuma's pupil is a vertical slit like a cat's, Michi's is dots like... probably like a normal person's? I haven't checked other people.

Dex-chan lover
So handsome, such a coward, such a drama queen. I love him lol.

ld0gmlC.jpg

I really love Seta. He serves to make the world feel a bit more real and less like the yuri-pocket-dimension of so many other highschool yuri manga while also being really funny and super useful for the plot.
Eh, Seta is basically that classic trope of a girl playing the role of an exaggerated ikemen (a trope that Dorothy seems to enjoy a lot, both the regular girl one and the guy version), with the only difference being he's actually a man lol. That's why he works so well in a "very girly" yuri manga, it's not that big of a departure (in practice).

In short, he's a guy who acts like a girl playing a guy.

Dex-chan lover
So if the exorcist had known Michi, then presumably she also knows her memories are gone since she never mentioned knowing her until they separated. Also if that was young Michi I wonder if she somehow was also dead and somehow came back to life but is cursed or something.

Dex-chan lover
Okay the only thing I found interesting in this chapter is that she can now feel her a little bit when she hugs her. I am guessing that we will start to see increasing physical influence for Aizawa and soon maybe she can be seen by people of her choosing. Thanks for the TL.

I didn't expect the exorcist to practice the reina method for exorcising ghosts. Lmao

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread