Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Neo, the Exorcist

Dex-chan lover
6-tile.png

What a chapter, wasn't expecting that much lore dump. Looks like Michi may have been the one to bind Aizawa. Maybe some kind of split in her soul/memories? I was getting the impression the kid version of her is what was causing all the ghosts to gather and not actually Aizawa. If it is some kind of split it may explain why Karasuma seems to know Michi/recognized child Michi but Michi didn't recognize her.

Group Leader
If you're confused by the overall story, here's my interpretation of events so far:
  1. Michi was an exorcist and friend of Neo's. (Michi was only ever referred to as Kurotori-san around her this chapter, so she shouldn't know her first name, and Neo using Michi-chan at the end is a sign of their closeness.)
  2. Somehow, despite Aizawa not showing up to school much, Michi befriends her after entering high school and the two start a little romance.
  3. They go on a date to the Obon festival in August, where things go wrong. Obon is a holiday heavily associated with the dead and something is likely enshrined on that mountain. Maybe the dark figure you see both on the final page of ch12 and in volume 2's spread of Sayaka holding Kasumi. Neo is somehow involved but regrets not doing enough to help Michi.
  4. Aizawa dies but Michi is able to seal her as a good ghost at school, creating a strong barrier around it to protect her. This comes with the cost of sealing her own memories as an exorcist (or they're simply stolen from her) returning her to a helpless girl scared of ghosts while possibly splitting her powers into a separate entity? (Neo couldn't have sealed Aizawa if this seems to be her first visit to Koga High, and we've already seen Michi's younger self manipulate the rules of the barrier.)
  5. Months later, Neo returns to check on Aizawa, having heard she's turning into a bad ghost. Something about the mark or split between Michi's current and younger self makes her reconsider Aizawa isn't beyond saving.
  6. Michi is now charged with protecting Aizawa, since the seal's powers seem to be failing, while Neo investigates the mountain where all this started.
The big question then is why all this was necessary. I doubt it was an accident Aizawa was killed - she was likely specifically targeted - and she has some unique properties as a ghost that don't seem to be a result of the sealing, like getting stronger by the week. Is she supposed to turn into a vengeful spirit and that's what Michi's stopping? Or did Michi simply not want to lose her girlfriend? And is there hope for a more permanent happy solution if Neo is willing to let Aizawa stay for now?

It's also a huge tangled mess how Michi's exorcist powers work and if it's her own autonomous defenses that are wiping her memories when she tries talking to Aizawa. Basically we're at a big jumping off point in the story. It might not move quickly from here, but there's a concrete plot taking shape to be unraveled. A lot of the context will probably change but I think this series of events is pretty established.

Btw, the fuzzy things are the irises. karasuma's pupil is a vertical slit like a cat's, Michi's is dots like... probably like a normal person's? I haven't checked other people.
Thanks, it's been a while since I saw the optometrist. Sayaka has fuzzy irises too, but I loved that panel of Michi and Neo's eyes juxtaposed so I went with it as-is. They're the only 3 as far as I can tell, and they've had them consistently since the start.

Dex-chan lover
If you're confused by the overall story, here's my interpretation of events so far:
  1. Michi was an exorcist and friend of Neo's. (Michi was only ever referred to as Kurotori-san around her this chapter, so she shouldn't know her first name, and Neo using Michi-chan at the end is a sign of their closeness.)
  2. Somehow, despite Aizawa not showing up to school much, Michi befriends her after entering high school and the two start a little romance.
  3. They go on a date to the Obon festival in August, where things go wrong. Obon is a holiday heavily associated with the dead and something is likely enshrined on that mountain. Maybe the dark figure you see both on the final page of ch12 and in volume 2's spread of Sayaka holding Kasumi. Neo is somehow involved but regrets not doing enough to help Michi.
  4. Aizawa dies but Michi is able to seal her as a good ghost at school, creating a strong barrier around it to protect her. This comes with the cost of sealing her own memories as an exorcist (or they're simply stolen from her) returning her to a helpless girl scared of ghosts while possibly splitting her powers into a separate entity? (Neo couldn't have sealed Aizawa if this seems to be her first visit to Koga High, and we've already seen Michi's younger self manipulate the rules of the barrier.)
  5. Months later, Neo returns to check on Aizawa, having heard she's turning into a bad ghost. Something about the mark or split between Michi's current and younger self makes her reconsider Aizawa isn't beyond saving.
  6. Michi is now charged with protecting Aizawa, since the seal's powers seem to be failing, while Neo investigates the mountain where all this started.
The big question then is why all this was necessary. I doubt it was an accident Aizawa was killed - she was likely specifically targeted - and she has some unique properties as a ghost that don't seem to be a result of the sealing, like getting stronger by the week. Is she supposed to turn into a vengeful spirit and that's what Michi's stopping? Or did Michi simply not want to lose her girlfriend? And is there hope for a more permanent happy solution if Neo is willing to let Aizawa stay for now?

It's also a huge tangled mess how Michi's exorcist powers work and if it's her own autonomous defenses that are wiping her memories when she tries talking to Aizawa. Basically we're at a big jumping off point in the story. It might not move quickly from here, but there's a concrete plot taking shape to be unraveled. A lot of the context will probably change but I think this series of events is pretty established.

Thanks, it's been a while since I saw the optometrist. Sayaka has fuzzy irises too, but I loved that panel of Michi and Neo's eyes juxtaposed so I went with it as-is. They're the only 3 as far as I can tell, and they've had them consistently since the start.
I had completely forgotten about the summer festival stuff from the last chapter, this would actually make sense.

Dex-chan lover
The exorcist knows Michi???? Oh dang. But it makes sense, maybe she recognized the "ghost" girl (who is Michi, even a stranger would get it at first glance).

Also, the dark shadow over Aizawa that the senpai drew last chapter and the cryptic way this one ended makes it seem like something bad was following Aizawa, may even be what caused her death.

Or the damn shadow is the lil' Michi, which would make all of it a little bit more fucked up than it already seems.

Dex-chan lover
I like this lady and her method of exorcising ghosts 😂 ✊

Double-page supporter
I like the story but I don't understand the plot at all.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like we should talk more about the fact that the “mastermind ghost” seems to be Michi herself (or like an alt personality of her. Either that or it was just a flashback of her past that Karasuma knew.

Dex-chan lover
I like the story but I don't understand the plot at all.
Idk you confuse the info we are not suppose to learn that yet or what else ? But aside from the new info which suppose to still be in mystery. plot just about girl met ghost girl.

So so far we know that MC actually met Aizawa like a years before, and something happen, but MC can't remember it. there are a some symbol (either a talisman or curse) behind MC neck. and now we know there are other ghost, who both MC and Aizawa don't see it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Didn't expect the plot to go that deep. And tbh i'm a bit lost with the plot.
I feel like the plot points were written only 30% of the time in each chapter, so we kinda being distracted by the other whole 70% non-plot stuffs to catch up on everything
Glad the plot points are still somewhat interesting enough to hold the engagement tho

Users who are viewing this thread