Mikudashi Ibari wa Mikudashitai! - Vol. 2 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Like the ending was going ok until the last page that one page made think "what a waste of time"

Dex-chan lover
Truly one of the manga of all time.

Joking aside, this was a turd from start to finish. Why did I do this to myself?

Aggregator gang
What a bizarre little story, it feels like the whole thing was just a complete waste of time.

By the end of eighteen chapters, two entire volumes, the only thing that seems to have substantially changed between the first chapter and the last is that the lead girl Ibari is wearing an outfit a normal human would wear instead of the bizarre chuuni-ass zipper clown outfit she started with.

To be clear I don't mind when a story ends with the status quo, but the problem is that it's been the status quo the entire time. Yonekura knew he liked Ibari, she knew she liked him, people outside the two recognized they liked each other, and absolutely nothing of substance happened to their relationship the entire time. Nobody learns anything about themselves or each other - besides Ibari wearing normal clothes, which is definitely an improvement but not significant enough to carry a two volume manga. We even had a couple times where it looked like we'd almost have a story begin, but then it gets aborted almost immediately and we smooth back out to default.

I see people here saying the story got axed, but that would suggest there was a story to axe in the first place. To me this feels more like a oneshot that got extended to two whole volumes, but the author didn't have anything to fill those extra pages with so it just dragged its feet. Not offensively bad by any means, but there's just not much to talk about.

Dex-chan lover
Won't lie I always try to find good points but overall aside from the crazy jacket I can't really find any. Too bad ! Thanks for all your translation work anyway ! See you next time

The worst part about japanese manga is always the ending. Seriously, there should be a lesson on how to end a manga.

This manga is a fucking 3 out of 10. The characters are too shit, where is the character development? Yeah it did show in some chapters but it just disappeared for like 1 chapter later and it went in circles, the main reason why the girl that is bullying or teasing the mc idk what the fuck she doing, her reason is dumb for being very egoistic of a person.

Dex-chan lover
at first i was like "seems interesting, show me more" but it quickly became "nope. it's shit."
i think the plot could've been handled better and the characters aswell
100%. Really good initial premise, but it wasted the potential and turned into a very meh story.

Dex-chan lover
As I said in the previous chapter, it feels like every chapter after the field trip is a cop-out instead of a naturally developing narrative.
The same applies to this ending, it screams "cop-out."

We had an interesting premise with a slut trying to get attention from the one guy that didn't fall for her charms, yet it quickly devolved into romcom tropes without any hook and terrible execution.

It was so interesting when he clearly wasn't interested in her and only focused on himself and his klutzy friend, he was a protagonist with a spine and sense of self respect that we just don't see much of nowadays! But everything was ruined when we got the field trip and he thought "oh, she looks cute when she is unconscious", and from there on out he just had to fall in love with her for absolutely no reason whatsoever!
It's not completely out of place because of the backstory. Remember that before the field trip even happens, we see the backstory of them in middle school. He already liked her, he just hated that she became such a slut. When she's sleeping and not putting on her slut persona, he can properly appreciate her.

Imo, the backstory is the problem; making him already in love with her and mad that she became a slut is honestly a less interesting story than if they have no history and he's simply a gigachad that ignores all of her slutty advances.

Dex-chan lover
Mid series with a bad ending. Honestly hate to say it but I feel the author swung and was so far off, I dont know how it could’ve been salvaged. Hopefully this becomes a learning experience the author can improve from.

Supporter
I was genuinely shocked that this chapter had the “end” tag. The series was goofy enough to earn a solid 7/10 but the last chapter had sloppy art, sloppy story progression, sloppy ending. Truly sad.

Dex-chan lover
The author should just stick with hentai.
Never do a manga again ever.

Dex-chan lover
i skipped 12 chapters and i still feel like i wasted too much time on this manga :poop:

Users who are viewing this thread