Modern MoGal if - Oni's Love Rule - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Oni's Love Rule (1)

Railgun
Staff
Super Moderator
Quote from the author:

This "if" series is a set of spin-off stories that take place in the Modern Mogal world. It was drawn by Bliss!
This story will update 3 times! But don't worry, I will back at the end of this month!!

"hmm, how shall i debut as a guest for this manga? how about straight up pedophilia?"

Dex-chan lover
Oh, cool cool. A child predator. That's a real charming story focus.

my soul will only be healed if this guest arc concludes with this dude being loaded into a police car.

Dex-chan lover
You guys acting like he is a molester before he even did anything. The girl seems far more into him then he is into her. I mean she is gathering pillow hairs and attempting to curse people that get near him. It's like that scene in family guy where Brian is tied to a chair and meg is sitting on his lap, Joe and Peter bust in the door and immediately blame Brian who, as I said, is tied to a chair.

Dex-chan lover
People say this pedophilia, but we don't know how Oni age in this universe or if human biology and rules even apply to them. Plus, it seems she's creeping on him much more than the other way around given the circumstances...

Double-page supporter
everyone commenting "we dont know the AGE" or "its just a comic" i mean this genuinely: that's not why people are upset.

people are upset because this is depicting a romantic relationship between a teacher and a student. of course in the context of this comic, i'm sure it'll be cute and safe and not creepy or whatever.

but in the REAL WORLD relationships between students and teacher are not cute and safe. a teacher INHERENTLY has more power than a student. there's age gaps (as there likely is in this comic too) where difference in maturity cannot be waved away. students date their teachers are in danger. there's a reason why this relationship is "hidden" in the comic. consider why that would be.

it may be difficult to realize but depictions of relationships that are inherently imbalanced or exploitable like this, even in some one off internet comic, it is normalizing the existence of that dangerous thing. of course, you, the person reading this, may not be affected. but what about someone else? its kind of like how every complex machine is really just a bunch of simple machines that have come together. what's depicted in the stuff we enjoy informs how we look at a greater whole.

[ btw if anyone needs me to clarify what ive said i'm fine responding, but to be clear im not looking to debate anything here. im just trying to explain why people are expressing their discomfort with this chapter. if ur gonna try to like go back and forth or gotchya me.. dont lol i aint interested ]

Double-page supporter
@moderateTrouble The people who will get influence into thinking this kind romance is acceptable in reality should not be on the internet in the first place. Watching from the sidelines is different than being in the situation itself. If you're that easily roped into it, you should be re-evaluating yourself, not criticizing the fictional piece in question.

And why the hell complains like this only comes out when it comes to sexual/romance stuff but it's perfectly acceptable and quiet when it comes to gore/violence no matter how brutal. Seems to me, it says a lot about ppl's insecurities and complex.

Fed-Kun's army
The only way this could be less well-received is if he was in a love triangle with the werewolf, vampire, and amazon kindergartners. We came here for bodacious dragon girls and sultry medusa oneechans, not this Kodomo no Jikan funny business.

Users who are viewing this thread